Apple AirPods Test

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Macinoah, Sep 24, 2016.

?

Are you considering on buying Apple AirPods?

1. Yes

80.9%
  2. No

19.1%
  1. Macinoah macrumors member

The internet is going crazy and worrying that Apple's new wireless earbuds will fall out easily. Well today I did a little test to see if that was true, and this is what I did. I separated the earbuds from the cord on my old non working EarPods, then I began the actual test. I put them in my ear and then I started shaking my head, shrugging my shoulders, then head banging, and guess what? The earbuds NEVER FELL OUT. There, now the internet knows the answer if these will actually fall out easily.

Attached Files:

2. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

I can't wait for these. It will be a day one purchase for me. They are definitely not the most appealing looking, but I think they will sell out on day one.

3. matrix07 macrumors 601

matrix07

Yep. This is pretty much all reviewers said. Everybody who said it will fall out easily never had tested one.

4. jz123 macrumors member

its not a valid test also, i know the shape and such is proberly the same. but the weight in airpods is more of the added tech into it. (Not saying it does or doesnt fall out, just saying u cant really test it like that)

5. matrix07 macrumors 601

matrix07

True but at least he made an effort to test unlike the naysayers.

And reviewers DID test the actual thing.

6. ANTAWNM26 macrumors 6502a

ANTAWNM26

Your crazy!!!! Those stock earbuds will easy fall out they are no damn good period. A very very poor comparison period. Smh

7. macnoob00 macrumors member

I hope they are widely available and have in store pick up

8. AppleRobert macrumors 603

EarPods don't even stay in my ear without shaking my head. Almost impossible to get a good seal.

Besides, how in the world does Apple think one size fits all? Geez!

And how is this an air pods test? I want my click back!

9. bhayes444 macrumors 6502a

I don't think EarPods are supposed to create a seal in your ear. From what I remember when they first introduced EarPods they did some study of a few hundred different ear sizes and designed the EarPods to fit most of them. They won't always fit like a dream, but for me they fit better than the previous headphones they included in boxes.

10. canvasback13 macrumors regular

IMG_9473.JPG it depends on the shape of your ear. I am a runner and mine would fall out. I added silicone covers from ear skins and now they never fall out. The fit is now nice and snug. Will buy the airpods

11. UnluckyXIII macrumors 6502

The ear skins look like a great idea and will provide some additional grip and a snigger fit to the ear. Think I'll pick myself a pair up for my standard Apple EarPods

12. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

They will sell out for sure on day one but they are ugly and not practical to me.

When working out they will likely fall. No cord so when they fall they will hit the floor.

13. TristanPT macrumors member

TristanPT

The thing that I am wondering about those silicone covers is if they will still fit in the charging case with them on.

14. profmatt macrumors 68000

profmatt

I'm expecting it to be like the Apple Pencil. Good luck getting a pair before January!

15. canvasback13 macrumors regular

I hadn't even thought of that. That could be a big problem. They are hard to take on and off.

16. futurist101 macrumors newbie

futurist101

I can understand th
    Exactly. It took me too long to realize that the solution to the issue with the earpods slipping out was to put a silicon cover on them. I use the ones from a cheapie F&M wireless bluetooth headset I purchased. When I'm recharging the F&M's (which are shaped like the earpods) I temporarily use them on my Apple headphones.

The AirPods are 7x the cost of the F&Ms but I'm still getting them. If the microphone (with background noise cancellation) is as good as Apple claims...it will be worth its weight in gold to me. I'm on the phone for work all the time and the fit, comfort of no wires and Siri integration is too good to pass up. If it doesn't live up to its billing I'll just return it. I've been waiting for a solution like this for a long time and none of the headsets I have researched or purchased have met all of these requirements at this price point.

IMG_7967.JPG

17. matrix07 macrumors 601

matrix07

:(:(:(:(

18. ANTAWNM26 macrumors 6502a

ANTAWNM26

No likely to it. They are going to fall out unless your workout consist of not moving

19. matrix07 macrumors 601

matrix07

You're having one already?

20. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

....you realize that the shape of the EarPods/AirPod is explicitly to prevent a seal from happening right?
    --- Post Merged, Sep 26, 2016 ---
    I bike 10+ miles at a time, never had one EarPods fall out unless the cord got tangled. Now I know that's not a universal occurrence, but for some people the shape works perfectly. Luckily I'm one of them.

21. AppleRobert macrumors 603

I don 't know how you can hear anything while biking, they basically do not cancel/isolate noise.

If you crank me up so you can hear whatever I say that would be a bit dangerous unless you are biking in isolated areas. No can do in my parts.

22. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I listen to podcasts and hearings, I can always hear my surroundings and the things I'm listening to. I don't get any wind rustling in my ears from it.

Again I have to stress that EarPods aren't right for everyone though.

23. Traverse macrumors 604

Traverse

AirPods for me. Apple's EarPods are the most comfortable earbuds I have ever used, but I know this is open to personal opinion. I also do not want wireless earbuds that are actually still connected via wire. It would bother me to have that cable hanging down on the back of my neck. The AirPods are truly wireless.

24. GizmoDVD macrumors 68000

You Have a set already? Show us some pictures!

25. evoga macrumors member

evoga

Can't wait to buy the air pods. You really need to own an Apple Watch if your going to use them though as they will be the quickest way to control the volume.