Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you considering on buying Apple AirPods?

• Total voters

alanholden

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2015
Excellent point. I will be purchasing a pair when they release this month. But the one annoying thing, is I have to activate Siri to adjust the volume every time versus having a touch capacitive function like you indicated.

The other fact about the Airpods, is if You only use one, it can be used for calls, but you will need both in tandem for music.

I definitely see the Airpods evolving heavily in the future, more discreet, more color options, sound quality, battery life, ect.

I thought I've seen somewhere that if you only put one in, and then close the case, the music automatically switches to mono-audio for that side. Not certain about that and it doesn't solve the volume problem

Reactions: MDePew24

Foss

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2008
I've been using the Bragi Dash soon after they started shipping. In many ways, it's similar to the AirPods with two wireless earbuds and a charging/carrying case. For those people saying they are not going to get AirPods because they are going to lose one, well that is a possibility, but it would take some real carelessness to lose one. The freedom of no wires whatsoever is worth the minuscule risk. The charging/carrying case is a good stop gap solution to the battery life concern. Bragi's last about 3-4 hours on one charge, and the AirPods are supposed to be much longer. Bragi's have some connectivity issues, and if Apple has solved that with the new chip, then a small degradation in sound quality is acceptable to me for the rock solid connection. I feel like it's a safe assumption that the sound quality will be better on the Bragi vs the AirPods, but we shall see. The added functionality of being able to transfer sounds from my iPad to my iPhone or MacBook is a pretty large plus for me. So this is a no brainer for me to check out day one.

TL;DR Losing one is a very minor concern, and I'm going to be trying them out Day One.

Will22

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2011
I've been using the Bragi Dash soon after they started shipping. In many ways, it's similar to the AirPods with two wireless earbuds and a charging/carrying case. For those people saying they are not going to get AirPods because they are going to lose one, well that is a possibility, but it would take some real carelessness to lose one. The freedom of no wires whatsoever is worth the minuscule risk. The charging/carrying case is a good stop gap solution to the battery life concern. Bragi's last about 3-4 hours on one charge, and the AirPods are supposed to be much longer. Bragi's have some connectivity issues, and if Apple has solved that with the new chip, then a small degradation in sound quality is acceptable to me for the rock solid connection. I feel like it's a safe assumption that the sound quality will be better on the Bragi vs the AirPods, but we shall see. The added functionality of being able to transfer sounds from my iPad to my iPhone or MacBook is a pretty large plus for me. So this is a no brainer for me to check out day one.

TL;DR Losing one is a very minor concern, and I'm going to be trying them out Day One.

I'm waiting for the first thread saying "One of my Airpods fell out and landed in dog turd"

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Excellent point. I will be purchasing a pair when they release this month. But the one annoying thing, is I have to activate Siri to adjust the volume every time versus having a touch capacitive function like you indicated.

The other fact about the Airpods, is if You only use one, it can be used for calls, but you will need both in tandem for music.

I definitely see the Airpods evolving heavily in the future, more discreet, more color options, sound quality, battery life, ect.

Most people will probably use their phone to adjust the volume. Siri seems like a really terrible way.

tekchic

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
I was able to pick up the Belkin dual lightning port adapter this weekend via Apple in store pickup which was super convenient. It's still "Coming soon" on the Belkin website -- not available from them yet.

I really hope the same thing will be available when AirPods come out (the Apple Store employee I talked to thought it was likely around Oct 28th when Nike+ Watch launches). My Apple Pencil was a royal PITA to find locally at launch. I'm worried AirPods will be the same. :/

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
I was able to pick up the Belkin dual lightning port adapter this weekend via Apple in store pickup which was super convenient. It's still "Coming soon" on the Belkin website -- not available from them yet.

I really hope the same thing will be available when AirPods come out (the Apple Store employee I talked to thought it was likely around Oct 28th when Nike+ Watch launches). My Apple Pencil was a royal PITA to find locally at launch. I'm worried AirPods will be the same. :/

Can't you just order online and let them come to you whenever they get there instead of waiting on a store?

MCube74

macrumors 65816
Nov 22, 2010
Hong Kong
When will we be able to place an order for the AirPods?

I spoke to an Apple rep at the store in Hong Kong and he said that it will be available at the end of the month but no exact date. It will also only be available in White. No black. :(

yadmonkey

macrumors 65816
Aug 13, 2002
Western Spiral
When will we be able to place an order for the AirPods?

I spoke to an Apple rep at the store in Hong Kong and he said that it will be available at the end of the month but no exact date. It will also only be available in White. No black. :(

10/25 seems to be the most common guess. No black at launch, but I'd bet on colors eventually.

MDePew24

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2008
Ballwin, MO
My guess (nothing backing it up at all) is that they will be available to order on 10/27, the day of the event next week. I am going to get them to use while at work and at home. I have an Apple Watch so that will be a way for me to adjust volume if out walking and I don't want to use my phone. Not that anyone cares but that's my thought.

alphacen

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2016
10/25 seems to be the most common guess. No black at launch, but I'd bet on colors eventually.

Don't count on other colors. The iconic white headphones are synonymous with Apple's brand. The phone might be in your pocket but people know it's Apple because of the headphones. This was pure marketing genius and they're not going to dilute brand recognition with other colors. It would be like expecting the BMW logo to come in other colors... won't happen.

NovemberWhiskey

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2009
The internet is going crazy and worrying that Apple's new wireless earbuds will fall out easily. Well today I did a little test to see if that was true, and this is what I did. I separated the earbuds from the cord on my old non working EarPods, then I began the actual test. I put them in my ear and then I started shaking my head, shrugging my shoulders, then head banging, and guess what? The earbuds NEVER FELL OUT. There, now the internet knows the answer if these will actually fall out easily.

This is the funniest post I've read here.

rockyromero

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2015
Don't count on other colors. The iconic white headphones are synonymous with Apple's brand. The phone might be in your pocket but people know it's Apple because of the headphones. This was pure marketing genius and they're not going to dilute brand recognition with other colors. It would be like expecting the BMW logo to come in other colors... won't happen.
Fast forward to future Airpods with Siri: the color changes on command.

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
I wonder if Apple will announce their release date on Thursday, at the "hello again " event? i hope so, i really want to try them out. Truly wireless earbuds would be great.

Cancelled
Apr 14, 2008
This is hilarious. What does your workout consist of standing upright singing?your hilarious I workout extremely hard I can say for a fact the wired ones suck in the gym just like these will not to mention they aren't sweat proof. If you want them say you want them don't make excuses that's totally not true. Before you ware your time with words provide a video of you working out with the wired ones n then these.
4ab720e061ba861ff0553c9bae7b1e69.png

I'm glad you work out hard bro, that must be great bro. High five bro?

A person will go into an  store if they like the look and try them out for themselves bro. they'll shake their head etc and if they don't fall out, they'll probably buy them. headphones staying on is a major concern for any headphone buyer, believe it or not bro. If you don't want them, that's fine bro. Less typing, more lifting, bro.

ANTAWNM26

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2009
I wonder if Apple will announce their release date on Thursday, at the "hello again " event? i hope so, i really want to try them out. Truly wireless earbuds would be great.

Sure they will since the site is down

edlex

macrumors 68020
Apr 14, 2010
Miami

I bet it will just say "Fall" like the BeatsX. After Apple made that defeated official statement yesterday they are basically saying "We are shooting for before Christmas".:(

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
I bet it will just say "Fall" like the BeatsX. After Apple made that defeated official statement yesterday they are basically saying "We are shooting for before Christmas".:(

Yea probably, they have confirmed that they have been delayed. Maybe they will say something at today's event.

garethjs

macrumors 65816
Nov 11, 2008
Website still says late october.

Yet usually are very fast at changing things but this time they haven't

AlphaHumanus

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2012
Thanksgiving. The delay is likely supply issues. Doesn't seem time to change anything mechanically, considering the review units were distributed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.