Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jay Tee

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2023
It HAS to be the basic M3 chip in all these products. The MacBooks already have M2, so if they get updated it will be M3, and the iMac if just updated to M2 over a year late… it wouldn’t warrant an event. They want an event because they plan on explaining the M3 etc. and then launching the products with it.

Dear Tim,

No 8GB RAM please; nobody cares that it's Unified Memory.

Last edited:

jayducharme

macrumors 601
Jun 22, 2006
The thick of it
Given that there is a dedicated event I think the chances are high that the entire Mac lineup gets the M3 simultaneously… or something else is in the cards. Otherwise they won't have much to talk about to make it a dedicated event in the first place.
I would love to see an M3 mini announced. That would be an instant buy for me.

NiCk-

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2007
Soooooo, if this is an event is there a chance for iPad refreshes as well ??? I know that Gurman is usually spot on, but I hope that this time it will be an exception !

Reactions: Kal Madda

Rychiar

macrumors 68030
May 16, 2006
Waterbury, CT
It’s not one of the most mysterious event we’ve had. MacBook Air, iMac and MacBook Pro 13 are due a CPU upgrade so M3 it is. The MacBook Pro 14 and 16 will get theirs in March 24 and the 15 inch MacBook Air either at the same time or later in 2024. iPad Pro M3 will be release in May 24 and Mini, studio and Pro with M3 will be announced in June at WWDC for release over the summer. It’s always like that.
Why would the mini not come out sooner?

vegetassj4

macrumors 68000
Oct 16, 2014
Finally my prediction is coming true:

Screen Shot 2023-01-23 at 12.06.29 PM.jpg

azentropy

macrumors 601
Jul 19, 2002
Surprise
I still think it's M2 only for iMac. I cannot see them launching a new M3. 1. This year. 2. In an iMac. I know what the rumors have been saying. It just doesn't track, historically.

Maybe, but "scary fast" doesn't sound like just updating the iMac with a processor that is been out for 18 months (which was a very incremental update over the previous processor anyway).

dbc34

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2014
Here we go with the tutti-fruitti, phoney-baloney, plastic banana, good time rock-n-roll Apple PR hype, using pre-recorded videos with over-the-top, hyperbolic scripts and “most powerful,” “most efficient,” “best ever,” etc. nonsense (as if Apple would release an inferior product). It’s like Apple has to over-sell because they don’t believe in their own products.
Any of those phrases you put in quotes, are any of them false?

Reactions: alels
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.