Apple Announces Original TV Streaming Service 'Apple TV+'

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Mar 25, 2019.

1. lunarworks macrumors 68000

With all the big studios slowly consolidating (Disney + Fox), Apple's jumping into an area where there's a growing gap that needs to be filled.

2. Fuzzy Dunlop macrumors member

Fuzzy Dunlop

If you have to ask, you can’t afford it.

3. gugy macrumors 68040

gugy

Yep, that's the point I was making earlier. I hate subscriptions. I am hoping but not expecting that maybe Apple offer all the above for a great price especially for families. If not, I honest have no desire to join any and will pass.

4. Ceviche Lover macrumors regular

I'm so sick of all these companies moving to subscription type services. Right now I'm paying subscriptions for:

Extra ICloud storage
    ITunes Match
    Apple Music
    Google Backup and Sync storage
    VPN
    Youtube TV

Probably a few other things I can't think of. A few bucks a month for one of these services doesn't sound like much but they all add up monthly.

5. AppleHaterLover macrumors 68000

Are you really in a hurry to have access to this steaming stinky pile of *********?

6. DocMultimedia macrumors 6502a

DocMultimedia

Hope Apple saves enough money to buy Netflix in two years.

7. Wowmail macrumors member

Wowmail

How I saw it and posted on Facebook:

Apple News+ Looks decent. Apple Credit card is yet another card..The Game subscription looks like a big yawn ....Apple TV +. No thanks, Ill keep Netflix and Prime Video. I'm an Apple fanboy and this is my opinion. Well, Apple get back to what you do best.

8. AppleHaterLover macrumors 68000

Have you ever thought about how God doesn't renew your monthly iLife subscription and then you die?

Everything's a service nowadays.

9. Slendrman macrumors newbie

Oh the irony in your statement

10. MrPjackson macrumors newbie

How much original content do we need? I can't keep up with what's already available, between Netflix originals , Prime Video, all the great content from HBO, Showtime, AMC, CW, ETC ETC. I already don't have time to watch whats in MY LIST as it is.

One service to rule them all is never going to happen, be prepared to just pay all these content streaming providers your 1X.99 per month

11. kis macrumors 68000

Yaaaaaaaawn. Plus nothing for Europe - guess Google + Microsoft will be extending their lead here even further.

12. gugy macrumors 68040

gugy

What a sleeper. Just bringing celebrities is kind like putting a lipstick on a pig.
    My feeling this is going to be an overpriced Netflix. I hope I'm wrong and Apple can deliver great content at great price but history says otherwise.

13. Wayfarer macrumors 65816

Wayfarer

That’s an extremely rude and pretentious way to answer. Unnecessary.

14. JPLC macrumors 6502

Creating a content platform, sure. Gathering quality content and make some fee money? Sounds like the right thing to do. Apple creating content? Not sure if this is up to Apple. I understand this strategy from Netflix’s perspective but it think it will be really hard to keep this going for Apple. It’s also confusing to have all these payed Apple services that keep changing or worse, when they pull the plug or slowly let it die when you start getting used to it

15. JediStarWars macrumors newbie

JediStarWars

10+ year Apple user here. Four things announced today. Not interested in any of them.

[​IMG]

16. Slendrman macrumors newbie

And Disney plus will have far more shows everyday people are willing to spend money on

17. infinitejest macrumors 6502

infinitejest

That's nonsense. Same has been said about Apple Music...
    Better late than never.

18. chadthemac macrumors newbie

Reading these comments I shake my head a lot.
    Only US launch? Yes. That's how they start.
    No price? Yes. Does it really matter to you today? Are you working on your Fall spending budget and you were holding out for $14.99 or $19.99 because that $5 is going to change your life?
    Where is the adult content? It's where you are used to getting it. Apple knows there are lots of families/parents that will pay for access to quality content that is appropriate for the family.
    Where is the latest product to process my video or work or whatever I think Apple should be doing? Spec bumps don't make news. They don't sell products to the masses. Good luck with that Windows machine.

19. verpeiler macrumors 6502a

verpeiler

Who with a right mind would want that? Apple could only make it worse.

20. MrRabuf macrumors member

Does anybody really care about AppleTV+? I cut the cord almost 10 years ago and not once have I ever thought "hmm, if only I had more stuff to watch". Heck, I only have Hulu and Netflix and I'm thinking about dumping Netflix since I hardly ever watch stuff on there anymore.

21. elgrecomac macrumors 65816

elgrecomac

Did not watch it but...will it broadcast local abc,cbs, nbc, Fox station? Its the only way to get me off of YouTubeTV.

22. ConfluxNZ macrumors member

ConfluxNZ

What an insufferable snore fest. Nothing new, exciting or innovative announced, and mostly only available in the US.

23. macskoda macrumors newbie

I never understand complaints like this. None of those services are required for you to live. Those are luxuries that you have chosen to pay for. Companies like these as well as Apple work really hard to provide you with services that you may enjoy or may enhance your life but you are under no obligation to spend your hard earned money on any of them.

24. az431 macrumors 65816

az431

Should they have launched in Taiwan first?

25. franswa za macrumors 6502a

franswa za

it's been nailed. already. by netflix et al, not apple, nor steve jobs

next?