Apple Building Massive Structure at Flint Center for iPhone 6 Event

mjschabow

macrumors 68030
Dec 25, 2013
www.facebook.com
There is some minor speculation that U2 might be tying in their new single/album with Apple. Nothing solid but just speculation since their new album is expected to be released as early as September. You wouldn't think that stage is for them, would you?

critter13

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2010
no

There is some minor speculation that U2 might be tying in their new single/album with Apple. Nothing solid but just speculation since their new album is expected to be released as early as September. You wouldn't think that stage is for them, would you?
please, please, please, no. A fake, model home sounds 100x more interesting than a U2 show.

god help us if this is true.

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
If they do announce the iWatch then they've done an amazing job at keeping it a secret with no parts leaked at all. Fingers crossed.
Did the original iPhone get leaked much before it was announced? As in weeks before?

elvislives

macrumors regular
Mar 28, 2011
London
What is coming....

1) iPhone 6
2) iWatch
3) AppleTV, which will be the new home hub for all the Home automation stuff controlled with iWatch / iPhone :)
and fingers x have an App store.

johnnyenv

macrumors member
Aug 12, 2014
Did the original iPhone get leaked much before it was announced? As in weeks before?
No but then you have to remember those products like the Mac Pro aren't been mass produced in China. The iwatch will be debued but won't get produced until after the event. This is the only way apple can keep a tight lip on products.

nws0291

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2006
Second idea is maybe a basketball court. Remember Kobe Bryant showing up at Apple headquarters? Partnership with Nike for HealthKit?
I first saw the article an I also thought it will be a bunch of sport related exhibits for hands on demos of the healthkit integration with iwatch etc.

iPadCary

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2012
NEW YORK CITY
www.textfiles.com
You're Not Wrong

Steve is going to announce the new iPhone with a previously shot announcement video.
Actually, there was a very credible rumor going around.
Knowing he was near death, (God I miss him so ....) he made a final product keynote
for some gamechanger product beyond iPhone & iPad.
This event being at the Flint Center, could this be the product announcement the video is shown at?
Could be ....

Lepton

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2002
Cold Spring Harbor, NY
about.me
Would be pretty epic if they pulled a fast one and introduced a product none of us even thought was coming...
Were of course I expect a full blown start to walk offstage with a sudden stop, turn and Oh, one more thing, for the iWatch. Even the jaded press would be excited with this.

But before that there could be more surprises, such as a preview for a big iPad or Apple TV. [My thought is putting the Apple TV software in iOS and having big iPads and even bigger 50" ones that you could mount on the wall].

As for the building, I think it is a demo area. They always have a demo room, but there is a ton of stuff to demo this time. The phone, the pads, possibly other stuff like MacBook upgrades, the watch, health, the home control... and the retail point of sale registers you can buy things with using with NPC/iBeacon/TouchID.

Peace

macrumors Core
Apr 1, 2005
Space--The ONLY Frontier
Like Mr. "yep" said on his blog this structure is probably the hands-on area. It would be great PR to have the hands-on area be an actual 2-3 story faux house with a kitchen.living room,bedroom and entertainment room..

Folks could go to each room and play with the iHome features in a "real world" scenario .

iSee

macrumors 68040
Oct 25, 2004
I'm more impressed that they've hired giants to build it. ;)

Seriously, would you really call that "massive"? It's not small. But it's not that big either. I could image that it is, perhaps, a check-in area? Maybe it's a little internet lounge? Maybe a place to serve sodas to the attendees?

Rogifan

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2011
Nah. Flint Center holds 2,400. Need a big hands on area for after the event.

MentalFloss

macrumors 65816
Mar 14, 2012
Those with more knowledge, would you say its good time to buy some more stock right now? I usually think its better after the event as the hype is always higher than reality so after the announcement the stock goes down for a while and its a good opportunity to invest but if they announce iWatch that may not happen. What do you think? Wait and see or risk it now?
I think for Apple stock, the hype is already largely priced into the stock price. In many cases, the stock went up before the keynote and dropped right afterwards, even if they showed something cool.

As I keep saying, my money would be on NXP due to the NFC announcement. The stock has already risen a lot, but I feel there's more to come if Apple announces a partnership with Visa based on NXP's chips. Another option is Invensense, because the iWatch is likely going to contain motion sensors of some kind, but that is a less safe bet. NXP is such a safe bet that for the first time in my life, I am considering borrowing money to invest into stock.