Apple Building Massive Structure at Flint Center for iPhone 6 Event

jlake02

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2008
L.A.
please, please, please, no. A fake, model home sounds 100x more interesting than a U2 show.

god help us if this is true.

Yep, betting it's a "house." Apple has 2+ weeks to build a house in that box :D

Seriously, though, it would make sense with Homekit. People can see the iHome in action.

moneyman118

macrumors 6502
Jan 9, 2009
Homekit

It's a model home for homekit. Good time to unveil a TV, bigger phones and a wearable. All powered by iOS.

spacemanspifff

macrumors 6502
Jan 23, 2010
SPACE
www.space-net.co.uk
Exclusive!

Here you are - I have some actual images of a watch made by Apple - an iWatch if you will. I've noticed that it has the inscription iMac on the face - I think this could mean that they have managed to squeeze an iMac in there too! Notice how slim and transparent (just like in iOS and Yosemite) the band is. I can't see any health sensors so they must be very well hidden. I've picked this up and its also very light.

So there you go... the iWatch! ;)

Attachments

GQB

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2007
I wonder if they'll present the keynote as a musical? That would be different.
"Attend the tale of Steven Jobs...
He served a tasteful but angry god.
What happens next, well that's the play
but he wouldn't want us to give it away..."

VeryVito

macrumors regular
Feb 5, 2008
Not just a model house... a new Apple House

Everybody ready to put down your first payment on the new iDoubleWide?

GeneralChang

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2013
Aside from the new iPhone and possible iWatch (both of which I'm ecstatic for), I'd like to see:
  • Refreshed AppleTV
  • Refreshed Mac Mini
  • Refreshed Thunderbolt display
But who knows what this crazy structure could be!
It's the refreshed Thunderbolt display. Simple.

GuitarDTO

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2011
Wow. This really is pretty exciting. To build an entire building for an announcement. First page user may be onto something about this being linked to some of the new products they plan on showing off. Can you imagine the event ending with Tim walking into a makeshift living room with a 60" Apple TV?

yellowtruck

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2013
...breathe

I’m so excited, I can’t even stand it. I CANT EVEN STAND IT!!!!!!!!!!!

There will be updated imacs, new mac minies, the new iwatch, the brand new larger iphone. OMG, I have to go sit down... and breathe into a paper bag - again.

I've been waiting to buy a new mac since 2013.

I'm getting dizzy...

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
en.wikipedia.org
The Flint Center of the Performing Arts is a very large theater building on the campus of De Anza College. So what "mysterious structure at the Flint Center" is MR talking about here? Is it attached to the Flint Center building? Next to it? Elsewhere on the campus?

This makes no sense.

obamtl

macrumors regular
May 24, 2010
So if this holds more people than Moscone, and usually these events are small and only for the press, where are all the extra people from? Just a whole lot more press or what?
There is never a shortage of techies that want to attend Apple events who can't because of limited numbers.

The Barron

macrumors 6502
Mar 5, 2009
Surprise is Good

Would be pretty epic if they pulled a fast one and introduced a product none of us even thought was coming...
That's exactly what Steve would have done. Perhaps he's been communicating from the other side with Tim et al and that's exactly what's in store on the 9th. GO APPLE! :apple:

DerekAndonian

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2014
Its going to be a a fake home to show off the home automation features of iOS8/the watch

This reminds me of an animated video I saw a long time ago that someone made with Steve Jobs and Bill Gates:

Bill: Wh- What's That??

Steve: It's an iHouse!

Bill: But it doesn't have any WINDOWS!

Steve: EXACTLY!!

bradl

macrumors 68040
Jun 16, 2008
Perfect situation for my drone. Fly in, take some pics, fly out.
Great! You've just given Apple the perfect excuse to set up a TFR around the place, like how there are the permanent ones around Disneyland and Disney World. :p

Actually, now that I think about it, I could see them doing this.. :eek:

BL.

yaxomoxay

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
I am surprised that no one has noticed it yet.
The worker at the center of the picture is looking at his watch.
Do you need any other proof now?

MarkusL

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2014
Its going to be a a fake home to show off the home automation features of iOS8/the watch
I hope so. It wouldn't be very exciting if they went with the original plan and built a fake barren wasteland with crickets and tumbleweed.

The Barron

macrumors 6502
Mar 5, 2009
Hurry Amazon & Google!

Maybe Apple are just building an empty shed just to see if Samsung will build a bigger one before September 9th?
Based upon the recent, extremely sad sales numbers for the Amazon Fire & Google products, they too better hurry to play "catch up" once again. We already know Samsung has been "sucking hind tit" in this losing battle. Hah! :apple: