Apple.com /Apple Store app iPhone X/8/8 plus Pre-order and Dispatch thread

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by KdParker, Sep 12, 2017.

?

Which Phone will you order?

1. iPhone 8

18 vote(s)
    1.2%
  2. iPhone 8 plus

58 vote(s)
    3.7%
  3. iPhone X

1,497 vote(s)
    96.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Anandc macrumors regular

Anandc

True but T-Mobile has Intel Chip. That's my biggest problem!

2. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Sim-Free model in U.S is Verizon/Sprint.

3. Anandc macrumors regular

Anandc

All are unlocked iPhones when paid full amount. But as far as I know, AT&T does require activation call. While T-Mobile does not. Don't know about Verizon & Sprint.

4. dwfaust macrumors 68040

dwfaust

AT&T phones are not unlocked... nor are they somehow magically unlocked when paid in full. You have to go through the unlock process... I've done that with every phone I've ever had on AT&T... they say it can take up to 3 business days, but the unlock notice has always come within minutes - even on the weekend... but you still have to go through the process of requesting the unlock - at least from AT&T.

5. jpcarro macrumors 6502

jpcarro

I purchased my iPhone 7 from Apple last year, selected AT&T as my carrier, paid in full and it was unlocked. I tried a T-Mobile sim and it worked fine.

6. tkukoc macrumors 6502a

tkukoc

I've purchased in full from AT&T the last 5 years.. all come unlocked directly. I've never had to do otherwise.

7. BigMcGuire Contributor

BigMcGuire

So hard not to be impatient... So difficultt! :p Shipping notice Saturday... Fed Ex tracking Sunday, and absolutely no movement Monday and its only 28 miles away.

[​IMG]

Still says this now! :p

8. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Corract that all models are unlocked when paid in full. I'm stating the fact that Sim-Free model in US is Verizon/Sprint. You can get the AT&T/T-Mobile but they will not work on Verizon/Sprint or any CDMA networks. I believe Verizon/Sprint/ATT requires account info even when buying at full price on apple.com. Not so much when you purchase outright at the store but good luck getting the iPHone X at the Apple store on launch day.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 25, 2017 ---
    Not sure about apple.com but if you purchase from the Apple store and paid full price it is unlocked.

9. videojanitor macrumors member

videojanitor

Not to worry -- mine is in the exactly the same state. I'm a little farther away -- 400 miles -- but confident we will both receive it tomorrow!

10. Fummijen macrumors member

Fummijen

Good news! UPS can't find my iPhone! ...wait...

/snicker Never thought I'd say that. But it means I should hear from Apple soon, which means they will send me a phone soon. :rolleyes:

Screen Shot 2017-09-25 at 3.47.42 PM.png

11. BigMcGuire Contributor

BigMcGuire

Well it finally went to In Transit. :p Looks like they did a request for a pickup - makes sense with thousands of iPhones. Going to be a long night. :)

[​IMG]

12. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Yea any time Shipment info sent to FedEx, they will come and pick up the package. And ready to be at your hands real soon.

13. xtremefx macrumors member

xtremefx

eehm... to order a sprint or verizon phone you need an account with them... they verify you before you can put the order....
    even if you're going to pay in full the phone...

so... the only option is a sim free or t-mo.... =/ :eek:

14. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

I ordered at 3:05 am on the day preorders started. Didn't switch out of a Preparing to Ship status until the Wed before it delivered, if I'm not mistaken (I got it launch day and my phone started off in the US).

15. jmpmntwnty3 macrumors 6502

Everyone "patiently" waiting for their iPhone 8s to arrive should imagine how those of us who are waiting on the iPhone X feel. We're still a full month and a day away from PRE-ORDERING, which I think is going to be a big mess. (And waiting in line will probably be WORSE.) I'm hoping to at least have my phone delivered by mid-November if all goes according to plan. And if they really are having production issues, some people who pre-order may have to wait until AFTER Christmas to get their phones, which is going to be very disappointing.

16. BigMcGuire Contributor

BigMcGuire

Yeah articles are popping up all over saying how Apple can't meet X output because of whatever constraint. Doesn't look like that is going to be fun.

FedEx tracking hasn't changed at all - but it looks like from other members here, it won't change until they deliver it. So it should be out for delivery today!...... While I was typing this... it updated but still says it is in Bloomington.

[​IMG]

Maybe it will let me know when it is out for delivery :)

17. iRepairParts macrumors regular

iRepairParts

LMAO that's for sure!! The wait for the iPhone X is brutal. We'll see if the production delays actually happen- if so, people who don't get their pre-orders locked in are really in for a long wait, and potentially a 201 delivery which would suck

18. PhillyGuy72, Sep 26, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2017

PhillyGuy72 macrumors 6502a

PhillyGuy72

The more I read about these potential growing delays, nightmare shipping estimations going well into 2018 for this X, the better I feel about my 8 Plus purchase! And the talk about a "weak 8 / 8 Plus release" well lets see what happens when the people who pre-order the X, get an "Estimated Delivery Date 10-12 weeks" at 12:02am.

They cancel the order and simply get an 8/8 Plus - OR they might wait until next years new X2, XS, 11, Whatever it may be called.

Edit, and this latest story will not help. THIS was one of my major concerns with this phone, the new Facial ID scan, and it's possible fails when it eventually ships.
    http://www.idownloadblog.com/2017/09/26/iphone-x-poor-3d-sensor-yields/

"Apple and its suppliers are still experiencing reported problems with mass production of sophisticated 3D facial scanning sensors for the handset’s TrueDepth camera, according to a report Tuesday by Japanese outlet Nikkei."

19. Bee1776 macrumors newbie

Bee1776

I just picked up my 8Plus from Fed Ex. Yeah! I personally did not want to be biasted in the face every time I wanted to open my phone, so the 8+ is exactly what I wanted. Already signed up for the new Photo class at the Apple store.

20. Anandc macrumors regular

Anandc

Has anybody felt any difference using T-Mobile/AT&T & Verizon/Sprint with iPhone 7/7+?

In terms of Data speed and other things if any.

---

AT&T does give unlocked iPhone but you need to activate via call before you start using the iPhone.

[​IMG]

As you can read, it's clearly mentioned Unlocked iPhone with AT&T Sim

21. BigMcGuire Contributor

BigMcGuire

9:19 am On FedEx vehicle for delivery!

Probably won't be here for at least 2-3 hours is my guess.

22. Fummijen macrumors member

Fummijen

Exciting.

I’m still waiting to hear from Apple.

23. videojanitor macrumors member

videojanitor

Mine too. Originally it said “by 10:30am,” but now just says “Tuesday.” Not worried — it’ll show up soon.

24. BigMcGuire Contributor

BigMcGuire

Neck is getting sore from looking out of office window every time a truck drives by. Gunna pull a muscle if I keep this up. lol. Now I know how the rest of the people in this thread felt (they made similar comments earlier on). haha.

25. videojanitor macrumors member

videojanitor

Ten seconds after I clicked “Post Reply” on my previous message, it arrived!