Apple Introduces New Giraffe, Shark, Owl and Boar Animoji in iOS 12.2 Beta

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Feb 4, 2019.

1. cmaier macrumors G4

It’s literally an incremental update. Jeez, people.

2. MyMacintosh macrumors 6502

MyMacintosh

as useless as the forced Touch Bars on the 15in MacBook pros lol

3. cmaier macrumors G4

Not true. Animoji don’t have negative utility. The Touch Bar does - each time it is touched by accident when you are touch typing and screws up your work or work flow.

That is, Touch Bar is worse than Animoji.

4. rinik macrumors newbie

rinik

Technology must be fun and simple. Apple understands it better than anyone else. Hence they are making these cool features. I love these...

5. payup macrumors member

This would’ve been somewhat relevant if you could use animoji/memoji outside of the iMessage app. To me personally it’s worthless since you can’t even save the video without having to message it to yourself, never mind if you wanted to post it somewhere. It’s like they wanted to make something that the “cool kids” would want to use like Snapchat filters, but gave up after an hour into the development process.

6. cmaier macrumors G4

https://github.com/insidegui/AnimojiStudio

7. AppleScruff1 macrumors G3

AppleScruff1

How ironic.

8. forerunnerg34 macrumors 6502

forerunnerg34

9. maxfromdenmark macrumors member

maxfromdenmark

Great! More Animoji instead of better Siri *sarcasm*

10. rajat8676 macrumors regular

Hopefully Apple does not add the cost of developing these emojis in the next iteration of iPhones! :D

11. Zenithal macrumors 604

Why do they all look like they just did a line of cocaine?

12. verymac macrumors newbie

verymac

These Animoji, Memoji, whatever-moji, is SO typically for the Cook Apple area, totally creepy. Perfectly in-line with all these Apple Watch presentations of that "Flash" Guy, the U2 moment, and the iPhone Xr.

I cannot wait to have Forstall on stage saying: "Let's make Apple cool again."

13. PickUrPoison macrumors 68030

Please no, anything but that. There’s a reason Jobs didn’t choose him as his successor.

14. ROGmaster, Feb 5, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2019

ROGmaster macrumors 6502a

Actually it's 8.7% and it's just higher revenue thanks to the fact it was the holiday season and Macs are more expensive than ever.
    So I wouldn't say Macs are doing great.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 5, 2019 ---
    Intel already launched their most relevant 9th gen CPUs.
    The rest of the line will only be some petty refreshes.
    So it looks like Apple is waiting for nothing.

15. Naraxus, Feb 5, 2019

Naraxus macrumors 6502a

Naraxus

Except the Mac isn't doing great and that's been born out the last few years.
    Jobs wasn't the brightest when it came to successors. He hired on Scully (a bean counter), was shown the door and Apple went into the shi*ter until he came back.

He put another bean counter in charge prior to his death that only gives a **** about money and could care less about making great products, panders to every social cause out there and uses the company as his personal soapbox, is ineffectual at best and is scared of confrontation.

Forstall needs to be hired back and get the company back to making products that people love.

16. PickUrPoison, Feb 5, 2019

PickUrPoison macrumors 68030

No, Intel has only released the highest end unlocked K-series parts.

Apple is waiting for Intel to ship the rest of the 9000-series that they need for the majority of their iMac lineup, and also AMD’s 7nm Navi GPUs. Until those parts are shipping, you won’t see an iMac refresh.

17. Pavanth macrumors newbie

Pavanth

You do know that it’s not the same team working on everything right? This is just one team doing it’s job

18. PickUrPoison macrumors 68030

Assuming for the sake of discussion that Apple isn’t making products people love, what makes you think Forstall is the right person to do that? Apple Maps? Skeuomorphism? Ok, I should tone down the snark.

He seemed to do ok with iOS and OS X development, but I don’t see any evidence that he’s CEO material.

19. ROGmaster macrumors 6502a

Oh so Apple is waiting for the petty i5's and i3's
    LoL

20. kaustin_texas macrumors newbie

kaustin_texas

Now this is innovation. Instead of sitting around drawing cartoons, how about rebuilding iTunes? Or building a database for a truly searchable and useful Mail application? Or building a great Mac Pro that is expandable? Or making displays again?

21. Abazigal macrumors G4

Abazigal

Which the begs the question - make products that are loved by whom?

The Apple Watch and Airpods are clearly selling well, but if you went solely by sentiment here at Macrumours, you would be under the impression that they were the biggest flop ever by Apple.

The reason I heard for Forstall being forced out was that he basically could not get along with the other executives.

If that’s the case, then it’s just as well he’s not back with Apple. People like him are not worth the social drain on the rest of the company, however valuable a talent he may be.

22. zoozx macrumors 6502

zoozx

23. scottsjack macrumors 68000

At least Apple is working on something important. Who needs a Time Capsule or an Apple Display?

24. Baymowe335 macrumors 68040

Post some real content and then we'll talk.
    Mac just posted almost 10% revenue growth and an all time record. It's doing insanely great, particularly when you consider the time Mac has been a thing.

Again, post facts. "Mac isn't doing great" with a key word bolded isn't a fact. I told you Mac grew 10%. Now you come back with a fact if you have a counterpoint. Don't just come back with yet another opinion backed by nothing.

25. saudade macrumors 6502

saudade

Hope they add a boombox emoji soon
    Also a feature 2 make your own emoji