Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kevsta26

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2011
USA
If they scratched or damaged your phone, (which they wont. They are trained professionals) they would replace it for free.

Apple scratched up the lid of my early 2011 MacBook Pro when they replaced the faulty motherboard and they never replaced it. Still living with it today :(

Reactions: AleXXXa

NovemberWhiskey

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2009
So what precisely is the problem? That EVERY photo is blurry, or just some of them?

I get blurry photos sometimes, but I thought it was just that I was moving or shook the camera.

the-msa

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2013
Apple, stop using the word iSight already. What are you, eye & ear infirmary or something?

RIP:
iWeb
iSight
iSync
iDVD
iDisk
iWatch
while we're at it: please stop calling your displays retina displays. its not a "groundbreaking display" by any means, nor the sharpest or highest res. others have better, sharper, more pixel dense displays and dont make a fuss about it. inb4 "but dell has its infinity display". yeah well thats not about the actual display panel.

jezbd1997

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2015
Melbourne - Australia
So I guess they are repairing the phones in-house rather than replacing them with new units?[/QUOTE
while we're at it: please stop calling your displays retina displays. its not a "groundbreaking display" by any means, nor the sharpest or highest res. others have better, sharper, more pixel dense displays and dont make a fuss about it. inb4 "but dell has its infinity display". yeah well thats not about the actual display panel.
pixel density doesn't make a better display by the way...
So I'd shh

jezbd1997

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2015
Melbourne - Australia
Higher pixel density doesn't make a better display...

Reactions: marine0816 and Kroo

dimonius

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2010
GA
Eligible as well, but my phone camera works fine. I`ll just wait and trade my phone in for the next model (ATT next).

greenstumps

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2015
How can any one get excited about a 1/3 12mp sensor? It's pathetic even if it is WRGB..

Just give me a nice big camera bump and put something nice in there like the 1/1.7 stacked 20mp Sony sensor.

iOSFangirl6001

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2015
The question is will they replace the camera if it's running iOS 9 public beta? I've heard hardware issues are still eligible. Is that true?

That's a gray area. To be safe I'd personally either go back to iOS 8.3 , 8.4 or 8.4.1 or just downplay ( not mention/ act like it isn't ) the iOS 9 tho it shouldn't be relevant considering this is a part and not the entire phone

Will they replace just the component or give me a new 6 plus unit?

Just the camera component

Mactendo

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2012
We meticulously designed this camera to fall out of place and produce beautifully blurred pictures...

image.jpeg

mrdm

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2010
My phone is eligible for this repair but I have not yet experienced any blurry photos.

Still - I'd like to have the part replaced because it is obvious that it could fail in the future (or is more prone to failure).

Does anyone know if Apple will replace the part proactively even if the phone is not currently exhibiting the problem?

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
yes, god for bid Apple has never ever had problems with the front facing camera.

"will get their cameras replaced from Apple at *no charge*." No one read the article did they?

I would think it's just the fault component that they would replace.... although if u want a new phone, just break it yourself :) as long as its not visual enough that its "accidental damage",

hlfway2anywhere

Cancelled
Jul 15, 2006
Chances exist that you wil get a completely new iPhone instead of just new part
They're not going to swap the phone. I've had this issue with my camera and they replaced the part in about two hours at the store and handed back the same phone.

GREEN4U

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2010
Wow people still use their camera phones to take pictures? Hahaha. Y'all should move to mirrorless cameras. I'm using a tiny Sony a6000 with a f/1.8 lens and my worst pictures are better than your best ones!

It's 2015 people!

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
+1 for the iPhone 6 front facing camera sliding out of position #crescentgate. Apple should recall the iPhone 6 in space gray as it's clearly a widespread issue. Mine has it, several of my friends, and there are numerous forums online with users experiencing the issue.
That is assuming the problem is fixed. I got my iPhone 6 SG serviced few months ago for this very issue (new front camera and screen). And had to get it serviced again last week for the very issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.