Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacSA

macrumors 68000
Jun 4, 2003
UK
So.. not only do we have speculation about a new iBook, but now we have the possibility of new iPods too? :eek:

Apr 17, 2005
Currently in Switzerland
Stridder44 said:
ep_III_05.jpg

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Hahahaha...this is so tragic it's becoming funny...the MacBook is a worthy substitute to the mighty PowerBook G5... :p

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
Boggle said:
Wow. These appleinsider people are geniuses. They have taken oh-so-difficult-to-defend position that a rumor which pops up every week and is consistently untrue might be untrue again. I wonder how hard they had to work to find something going on in the world of computer manufacturing that would allow the staff to write an wild guess article running counter to all the other wild guess articles. Reporting on par with the journalism found next to the page 3 girl in The Sun.

Well, they're certainly doing better than TS is. TS keeps promising it every week, and AI keeps saying TS is full of it and shooting their rumors down.

I'd rather keep stating the obvious than keep stating the untrue.

simpson said:
Why are people ignoring this link? The new ibook.... most affordable ever... specifications of the new ibook.... go-anywhere digital solution..... the new ibook - that must be the macBook.... :confused:

I'll tell you right now. It's brand spanking new and uses the blazing fast G4 processor!

I've decoded the secret message embedded in that seminiar blurb. It translates to Chinese for THIS SIDE.

simpson

macrumors newbie
May 8, 2006
Peace said:
If you could actually READ some of the other posts you would know Apple has been using that very same wording for their iBook seminars for a year.

Ok, thanks.... bummer... :(
I'm sorry I haven't read every single post on this site.... :eek:

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
Esse said:
Well, i'll be in desperate need of a computer @end of may, and i will not buy a g4, not a chance in hell.

I dont know what i hate most, Apple or the rumor sites. But i do know that apple is loosing a LOT of switchers.

Because they didn't release all five of their consumer computers at once? Don't be ridiculous. They've been releasing a new machine a month, you really think there are that many people who would have switched, but decided to stay PC users forever because Apple didn't ship one particular model in April?

:rolleyes:

simpson

macrumors newbie
May 8, 2006
Peace said:
My appologies but at least read the headline post :)

I just want my MacBook :)
I hate this site.... I have become this little kid with no patience at all ever since I spotted the rumours about the MacBook.

joebells

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2005
Why is everybody getting on appleinsiders case? They, as far back as january, were stating that the ibook replacements wouldn't be released until april or may when everyone else were stating february and march. They really seem to have an inside source of some sort. When thinksecret posts something these days I pretty much believe it isn't true.

vespats

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2006
now there is only one thing left to do, i send an email to steve (steve.jobs@apple.com) and tell him that he has to release the macbook with a core 2 @ 3.33 GHz, radeon 1800 (256MB), 250GB HD, dual link dvi, Ax2, and 4GB ram immediately

edit: i just went crazy, even if i knew all this was possible to happen, i still hoped that the macbook gets introduced tomorrow

crees!

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2003
MD/VA/DC
Lately Appleinsider hasn't been able to tell the difference between intestinal gas and a foot up their ass. They need "sources" to tell them the MacBook hasn't been released earlier in the year. I mean come on now. They've been coming off as just a little deedeedee wouldn't you say?

mikea

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2006
Waiting for macbook land
Check This Out

Hey I have source that told me Apple is switching to Intel Processors...IS this true?? I also heard something about a thing called the ipod? Any Truth to this?????

Gnorn

macrumors regular
May 7, 2006
The Tavern, Thornwood
vespats said:
now there is only one thing left to do, i send an email to steve (steve.jobs@apple.com) and tell him that he has to release the macbook with a core 2 @ 3.33 GHz, radeon 1800 (256MB), 250GB HD, dual link dvi, Ax2, and 4GB ram immediately

edit: i just went crazy, even if i knew all this was possible to happen, i still hoped that the macbook gets introduced tomorrow

Steve prolly now can't sleep until he absotively knows Apple meets yer demand.

jettredmont

macrumors 68030
Jul 25, 2002
Yeah, iPods are definitely all going to be updated next week. At least, the 60GB version will, 'cause the one I ordered engraved for my wife for Mother's Day is currently somewhere in the air between Shanghai and here. I'm anticipating 80GB flash-based iPods with 72-hour batteries and a scratch-proof outer layer carved out of a huge diamond crystal which connect over wireless firewire automatically from 50 feet away and recharges from the kinetic energy of bouncing around in my shirt pocket.

Glad to be of service and able to offer all y'all new iPods. Sorry 'bout the MacBooks, though; I don't have the cash to buy an iBook right now. I can only fund so much technological advance at a time! :)

joebells

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2005
crees! said:
Lately Appleinsider hasn't been able to tell the difference between intestinal gas and a foot up their ass. They need "sources" to tell them the MacBook hasn't been released earlier in the year. I mean come on now. They've been coming off as just a little deedeedee wouldn't you say?

I don't quite follow where do you see that "they need sources to tell them the macbook hasn't been released earlier in the year?"

I think as far as reporting on the highly secretive apple they do a pretty decent job for now.

peharri

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2003
Makes sense to me

Macrumors said:
Appleinsider claims that Apple's MacBook update may not actually arrive tomorrow as previously rumored.

Instead, the rumor site claims that while Apple has started ramping up production of the new consumer laptop, "the Mac maker is unlikely to unveil the computers until the following week at the earliest." The MacBook update is instead expected to be released alongside new iPods.

Honestly, right now, I see no reason to update my "50% likely to be tomorrow" prediction. I think *something* is going on tomorrow at E3, and Macbooks are a possibility, but something most likely to be GMA950 based seems improbable.

Beck446

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2003
One more week makes sense. E3 wasn't a great place to launch an ibook replacement. Plus, and I know that pretty much nobody will agree with me on this, but I think that they want to have the 17 MBP shipping before the cheaper macbook is announced so as to avoid any downgrades or cancellations. I know that the computers are sold to two different targets and you all think there isn't any overlap, but I am pretty confident that the macbooks won't be released until 17 is shippin

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
macridah said:
That would be hella weak if the iBook replacement doesn't come out tomorrow.

Why's it any more weak than it not coming out today? Or last week? Or the week before that?

It'll come out when it comes out. It's not like Apple hasn't released anything new in months (in case you hadn't noticed, people are starting to get MBP 17 TODAY). The only thing weak about it is lame sites like Think Secret predicting dates for it over and over. The guys with a clue have been saying late spring all along. I'd expect it in May. Nothing more.

jabooth

macrumors member
Feb 28, 2006
England
E3!

To be honest, I'm not too bothered if Macbooks are this week or in a fortnight, tomorrow is E3 so there will plenty to learn from there about the gaming world anyway!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.