Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Wow. Already the 7th public release of iOS 11. Wasn’t until Jan 24 we hit that mark with iOS 10 (or March 27 if you consider that iOS 10 launched as iOS 10.0.1. Even later than that if you had an older device as 10.0.3 was 7 & 7 Plus only).

Welcome the fixes but this shouldn’t need to be happening. Most people don’t like updating once a year never mind once a week.
iOS 10.1.1 was released even earlier in October last year. They simply didn't have 10.1.2 and went to 10.2, which certainly took a bit longer. So far this isn't really all that different from iOS 10, especially if you factor in a whole brand new and fairly different iPhone being thrown in addition to everything that's been there before.

zapmymac

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2016
SoCal ☀️
I clean installed my ip7+ with ios11, and updates via itunes (hardwire) each update, and I still have the calculator bug & Apple News keeps crashing :(

Reactions: B60boy

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I think Apple is doing it on purpose to older phones..It’s happening with my 6. My battery can drain over 50% sitting idle for about 45 minutes. It’s complete bs they are ignoring older phone models
Since many others aren't really having issues to this degree seems like there isn't too much to that theory.
[doublepost=1510869359][/doublepost]
I clean installed my ip7+ with ios11, and updates via itunes (hardwire) each update, and I still have the calculator bug & Apple News keeps crashing :(
Calculator bug is fixed in iOS 11.2 and will be out when that comes out.
[doublepost=1510869458][/doublepost]
They have but it's been a long time. Last one I recall was for the iPhone 6 release and applied to a single carrier (Verizon maybe) where there were issues. Since then, they've released updates to all devices, again to keep all the versions the same across the lineup. That way you don't have some current gen devices on 9.12 and others on 9.13 or whatever.
Looks like it happened as recently as iOS 10.3.3 a year ago that was only for iPhone 7/7+ phones.

Reactions: zapmymac

iPhone_X

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2017
It was such a weird bug. It would be fine at first, then it wouldn't register for like 10-15 seconds, and then it would be fine again in the cold. Hopefully they also fix the issue where if you cancel the passcode and do another Face ID and it works, it takes that data from the failed attempt and rolls it into the machine learning profile for your face data. I was having a bad time with failures until someone on the forums mentioned entering your passcode when it fails and that seems like it has taught it to better recognize my face over the past couple days.

thatJohann

macrumors 68000
Jul 5, 2013
NYC
So happy it fixes the distortion on videos taken on the iPhone X. It happened twice to me already and was thinking of going to Apple store to exchange it. Glad to know it’s a software issue not a hardware one. :)

coolbreeze

macrumors 68000
Jan 20, 2003
UT
Yes, because the lab where they work on these devices is 30 degrees? That seems like a pretty weird thing to test considering no other iPhones have had this issue.
Do they sell iPhone X's in places that get cold? If yes, then:

They should and do test it to match that target real life event

Car makers test in the Mojave Desert. Even if you live in Iceland, you buy a car that was tested in 115+ degrees.

Reactions: jb-net

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Do they sell iPhone X's in places that get cold? If yes, then:

They should and do test it to match that target real life event

Car makers test in the Mojave Desert. Even if you live in Iceland, you buy a car that was tested in 115+ degrees.

I really don't think thats a valid comparison. A car and the phone are quite different. Driving a car in the desert is a lot different than standing in a freezer to see if your phone works.

redfirebird08

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2007

Sign up for the Public Beta program. It's free and easy to do. iOS 11.2 Beta 3 was released earlier this week and it seems pretty good to me so far. Calculator app was fixed in one of the earlier 11.2 beta releases.

https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/

MhaelK

macrumors regular
Jan 21, 2015
Yes, because the lab where they work on these devices is 30 degrees? That seems like a pretty weird thing to test considering no other iPhones have had this issue.

You think testing if a phone works in different temperatures is a weird test?

Reactions: jb-net

rishic89

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2017
TEXAS
Maybe it’s just me and my iphone7+...., but is anyone still hearing of issues with massive amounts of battery loss with iOS 11????? I am sometimes having upwards of 20% or more in 10 minutes time??? I have separately tried erasing all settings. That didn’t work then I tried doing a complete reset and starting fresh and that hasn’t worked?! I am updated to the recent software update for iOS 11... is this still a widespread issue ?? I finally made an appointment at the Genius Bar for next Tuesday hopefully they have some answers. Maybe it’s a hardware problem I don’t know but it seems to be synonymous with my update of iOS 11. I did have a cracked screen replaced at the Genius Bar back in August
Could be faulty battery or if you restore your old iCloud backup. That old backup could potentially be corrupt. May be a better option to start fresh and transfer only contacts/photos

Reactions: Bacillus

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
You think testing if a phone works in different temperatures is a weird test?

When it comes to freezing temperatures, yes I do. Its not something you can easily, or normally test in a lab. Apple's own specs say operate between 0C-35C.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.