Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Act3

macrumors 68020
Sep 26, 2014
USA
Fast to fix but how does that bug get there to begin with all the extensive public beta testing? Did the resetting bug just show up in the final 14.0 build?

DempaX

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2014
Sweden

macgician

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2015
When I got a call the phone displayed previous callers contact info, anybody has such issues? iPhone 8 Plus on iOS 14.

posguy99

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2004
I just need one more revision to iOS 14 before before jumping onto the bandwagon :)
I need at least a .2 before I'd think about wasting my time with iOS 14. There's nothing in it I care about aside from security updates anyway, but I care about Apple Incompetence breaking the device I depend on.

Westside guy

macrumors 603
Oct 15, 2003
The soggy side of the Pacific NW
"A couple of days" - yeah, but it's been more than a week ?

Yeah, it's really hard to believe that any one-off task related to a new install should take even one day.

Some folks just are too ready to give Apple a pass. At this point, it's pretty obvious that Apple doesn't prioritize battery life with new major releases (it's especially noticeable with watchOS).

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
Fast to fix but how does that bug get there to begin with all the extensive public beta testing? Did the resetting bug just show up in the final 14.0 build?

Not many people restart their devices. Also, you shouldn't run a beta on a personal device, so you might not notice little inconveniences like this on a device that's primarily used just to verify that other stuff (like your apps) work.

MauiPa

macrumors 68040
Apr 18, 2018
Yeah, it's really hard to believe that any one-off task related to a new install should take even one day.

Some folks just are too ready to give Apple a pass. At this point, it's pretty obvious that Apple doesn't prioritize battery life with new major releases (it's especially noticeable with watchOS).
I'm still getting 2 days on my Watch Series 3 with 83% battery health and I wear 24/7. Given that, I am not sure what you are getting at. Did you check all the stuff you had turned on? In the past, new versions have reset notification toggles and things. If I was having that problem, I'd look harder

MauiPa

macrumors 68040
Apr 18, 2018

Just goes to validate that old adage, if those things concern you, never be the first to update, give it a few days or weeks (or if it's MS, 6 months) and see how things are going.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.