Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
Same here, it was working and working well, now there is no mention of all of NumberSync on my phone.
Good to know. Maybe it's something on AT&T's side. If it doesn't reactivate in a day or so I'll give them a call.

rmg1976

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2012
9.2 killed WiFi on my iPad pro / mini / 6s+

None of the devices will connect after update

cnick6

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2014
Bellevue, WA
AT&T Carrier Update as well.

Yes it updated to 23.1 -- but I also noticed the RSSI values change quite drastically too. I was at -115 dB/m and it jumped to -85 dB/m and then settled back to -92 dB/m. My phone didn't move an inch during the carrier update.

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
Just updated here - went to Settings --> General --> About and there's a Verizon carrier update (23.1).

viperGTS

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2010
Does this fix the lag fest that is 9.1 on A6 devices?

For an update that was supposed to improve performance, 9.x seems to have made it worse.

Oh wait, I forgot performance improvements are only available to Metal-compatible devices. Oops. :rolleyes:

duffman9000

macrumors 68020
Sep 7, 2003
Deep in the Depths of CA
It's not THAT disappointing, as the latest beta has been pretty trouble-free for me. But on the other hand I've never seen them do this before. There's almost always a tiny version number bump for final release.

I still see one of the same bugs that have plagued every iOS 9 build. All I ask for is the icon alignment to always be correct in Mail and iMessages. That isn't too much to ask for considering this garbage goes back to iOS 8.

TL24

macrumors 65816
Oct 20, 2011
Deleted my Public Beta profile and still nothing here on AT&T...............

venomgt95

macrumors 6502
May 8, 2014
Michigan
Does this fix the lag fest that is 9.1 on A6 devices?

For an update that was supposed to improve performance, 9.x seems to have made it worse.

Oh wait, I forgot performance improvements are only available to Metal-compatible devices. Oops. :rolleyes:

I dunno what lag issues you're talking about. My 5C has been running flawlessly on 9.1

BillyMatt87

macrumors 6502a
Dec 23, 2013
Apple Music still:

doesn't have an actual landscape mode
hasn't brought back the shake to-shuffle feature
has the status bar transparently displayed over the album art, obstructing it
doesn't have an emphasis on my personal music library
has a butt-ugly mostly white icon

Yeah no real improvements here...

Reactions: rjalda100

avanpelt

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2010
Here's how you turn on AT&T NumberSync. It wasn't readily apparent after updating to 9.2:

- Update to 9.2
- Go to Settings --> General --> About and you will be prompted to install a carrier update. That took my 6 from 23.0 to 23.1.
- After installing the carrier update, go to Settings --> Phone --> Calls on Other Devices
- You'll have the option in there to activate AT&T NumberSync.

I just activated it and I got a pop up on my Mac and iPhone within about 30 seconds of activating it saying it was ready to use. Now on my iPhone under Settings --> Phone, instead of saying "When Nearby" next to Allow Calls on Other Devices, it simply says "On".

Finally, when I went into FaceTime on my Mac, I was asked if I wanted to enable Wi-Fi calling on this Mac. Also, in FaceTime Preferences on the Mac, there is now the option to update the address used for emergency services.

I just tried it and it seems to work flawlessly. Turned my iPhone off, called my cell number from another phone, and my Mac rang. Kudos to AT&T and Apple!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.