Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

quigleybc

macrumors 68030
yojitani said:
It doesn't say on any of the info sheets, so does anyone know if this fixes the fan problems on PM G5's? MAJOR annoyance for me with 10.4.3...

My question as well, anyone know if the fans still go nuts every half hour or so with this update? On a PM G5 that is??

fans were fine for 10.4.2, 10.4.3 brought about the fan freak outs,

hopefully this will settle them back down...but I doubt it.

Also, hopefully this will kill the "chirp" that began on Power Mac G5's after installing Tiger....

but again...I doubt it..

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
mauly said:
me too!! lol, small world..

Its only recording because my dad said we'd watch the 'apparently' greatest episode of Only Fools and Horses... only he goes and puts on Anchorman on Sky Movies. gah!

cb911

macrumors 601
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
firstly - what is "Mail's auto-hiding"? :confused: i've never heard of this, and Mail has never hidden itself from me with pressing cmd+h myself.

and yes, Al PB 15" Battery update appears for me as well, actually that appeared before the OS X update.

time to update! :D

Romanesq

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2003
Hoboken
Took the plunge

Well just dived in anyway so what the hell.
All looks good on this front anyway.

PB 15" G4. :cool: Gosh I need a new one.

davey-nb

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2003
NORTH America
Hey thanks!

Laser47 said:
Just reinstall the hack, It works.
You're right!
I'm loving Front Row for giving slide shows and watching trailers and movies, I think this app will have much more use to come shortly!

jono_3

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2005
Canada
worked fine for me. i noticed improvements in the GUI. the dock wave is smoother and the dashboard is a little smoother as well. now to see if logic benefits from any of this blanket lovin

Diatribe

macrumors 601
Jan 8, 2004
Back in the motherland
bmoorhouse said:
I wish I could say I know what you are talking about . . . auto-hiding?

cb911 said:
firstly - what is "Mail's auto-hiding"? :confused: i've never heard of this, and Mail has never hidden itself from me with pressing cmd+h myself.

and yes, Al PB 15" Battery update appears for me as well, actually that appeared before the OS X update.

time to update! :D

When Mail is set to automatically start on log-in you can select a checkbox so it doesn't pop up. Unfortunately with Mail this checkbox does nothing. So I have to manually close the mail window after every boot.

Orlando Furioso

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2005
Bezerkeley
quigleybc said:
My question as well, anyone know if the fans still go nuts every half hour or so with this update? On a PM G5 that is??

fans were fine for 10.4.2, 10.4.3 brought about the fan freak outs,

hopefully this will settle them back down...but I doubt it.

Also, hopefully this will kill the "chirp" that began on Power Mac G5's after installing Tiger....

but again...I doubt it..

Yeah, 10.4.3 brought the fans out again. 10.4.4 appears to be no different. As far as the chirping goes, it is also still around when energy settings are at Highest performance. Auto setting seems OK. I just leave it on Lowest for most things not related to photo or video editing.

daddy-mojo

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2003
L.A.
QT 7.0.4 pulled

Anyone have any ideas why the QT 7.0.4 update was pulled and Apple posted a 7.0.1 re-installer with absolutely no info as to why. I already ran the QT update and it seems fine. I hate when they don't explain themselves a little bit. Like don't install the QT update before 10.4.4 or it will melt or something.

Agathon

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2004
Great... the idiots have hardlocked my mouse buttons. Now back is forward and forward is back.

I can't even redefine them in Logitech Control Center.

Damn you Apple.

Xtremehkr

macrumors 68000
Jul 4, 2004
Too much good stuff happening. The updates work fine, I have just one question though, how do you get rid of the iTunes windows when you are looking at regular iTunes stuff.

I don't need the music store there all the time.

fuzzybassoon

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2005
Oh Well...

This update really borked my PowerBook 15" DL. After the update installed, before I rebooted, my Apple BT Keyboard stopped working, so I restarted it really quickly, and as soon as they reconnected, I got a really nice kernel panick. Restart took over 5 mins, not my BT is messed up (can't get the keyboard to work) and my sound drivers seem gone.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
daddy-mojo said:
Anyone have any ideas why the QT 7.0.4 update was pulled

It's unstable, it crashes whenever I close a WMV file. Other people have reported the same problem, and 7.0.3 didn't do it.

Rocksaurus

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2003
California
Agathon said:
Great... the idiots have hardlocked my mouse buttons. Now back is forward and forward is back.

I can't even redefine them in Logitech Control Center.

Damn you Apple.

Anyone know if it does this to USB Overdrive as well? I'd hate to lose Expose on my mouse...:)

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
The long boot time after restarting had me worried for a minute. Still it wasn't as long as the one going from 10.4.2 -> 10.4.3, that really had me worried, and now everything seems fine... :)

Edit: Well, Safari still chrashes horribly when I close a tab after searching on of my favorite places: My local public library. Gonna stick with Firefox for now... ;)

Apart from that, 10.4.4 is running smoothly on my good ol' iBook:

Attachments

• Picture 3.jpg
    Picture 3.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 120

ITR 81

macrumors 65816
Oct 24, 2003
Caculator % problem.

I've noticed this in 10.4.3 update in the Caculator it won't just let you add say 50% to any number just by putting in that number and hitting the % button.

This change kept me from updating my other Mac's. I noticed with this update it's still the same as in the last update! Why the change??

The only good thing I notice is Safari seems to be blazing in speed now compared to 10.4.3 ver.

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
Mitthrawnuruodo said:
The long boot time after restarting had me worried for a minute. Still it wasn't as long as the one going from 10.4.2 -> 10.4.3, that really had me worried, and now everything seems fine... :)

Edit: Well, Safari still chrashes horribly when I close a tab after searching on of my favorite places: My local public library. Gonna stick with Firefox for now... ;)

Apart from that, 10.4.4 is running smoothly on my good ol' iBook:

Anyone notice they added "Tiger" to the About My Mac window? Interesting.

Di9it8

macrumors regular
Jan 10, 2006
5 minute download on 1ghz 17 PB, everything is running smoothly, especially the widgets, and iTunes visualiser seems to be much smoother

avkills

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2002
Nermal said:
It's unstable, it crashes whenever I close a WMV file. Other people have reported the same problem, and 7.0.3 didn't do it.

QT does not play WMV files, unless you have Flip4Mac. Must be something else.

-mark

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.