Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zac4mac

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2002
near Boulder, CO. USA
Lacero - the color logo made my heart skip....

SU shows QT 7.0.4, iT6.0.2, iPod updater and 10.4.4, will run after His Steveness is finished. I'm such a slut, ordered an FM remote and a 1.83 MacBook. Damn RDF.

Z

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
zac4mac said:
I'm such a slut, ordered an FM remote and a 1.83 MacBook. Damn RDF.

Z

You brazen hussy you...;)

Man, I'd hate to think what would've happened if I'd had some spare cash lying around, a new 20" iMac would most definitely have my name on it by now, as would a 5G iPod and the radio remote.

Possibly iLife '06 for my iBook and a .mac subscription too....

Geezus, I'd be savagely broke but happy in a way too.

That was such a tough night, stayed up for the whole thing from 4am to the end of the keynote at 5:30am-ish then arsed around on the store site looking at specs before heading off to bed for a few hours. Just got back from the net café after downloading all the updates bar the iPod one - damn thing was released after I left so I'm back at home now on crappy dial-up getting it very very slowly.

10.4.4 running as happy as Larry on the iBook in my sig. Dashboard seems to be back to it's best after slowing down considerably in 10.4.3.

Anyone want to be a generous but anonymous benefactor and buy me a 1.83GHz MacBook Pro or a 20" iMac? Either would be just fine.

I have seriously gotta get me a better job. This hand to mouth BS is seriously cramping my ability to keep a multi-billion dollar computer company afloat....

Wigletbill

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2003
Bluetooth icon...

Why the heck did it move my bluetooth icon in the top right of my screen!? It is now on the right of the clock! Annoying! Other than that... snappy as a fresh green bean.

J

obecean

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2005
10.4.4 crash or something like that?

I just installed 10.4.4 over 10.4.3 on a rev d 15 in stock powerbook. Upon restart I keep going to Darwin/BSD console login instead of OS X booting. I can login but if I try to exit it goes to a blue screen for a while with the gear turning but returns right back to the Darwin console. Anyone else have this? or know how to escape this loop? :confused:

destroyboredom

macrumors 6502
Dec 16, 2002
Washington, DC.
I'm still on 10.4.3 and my Bluetooth is to the right of the clock as well. I'm going to wait out this update for a few days. Seems like there are a lot of issues.

Wigletbill said:
Why the heck did it move my bluetooth icon in the top right of my screen!? It is now on the right of the clock! Annoying! Other than that... snappy as a fresh green bean.

J

donco

macrumors newbie
May 29, 2002
Vancouver BC
Wigletbill said:

J
Hold the command key and drag it wherever you want.

Low

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2003
just did the update on x.3.9 and now my wireless card wont authenticate to my wireless router!!!

and when i run repair permissions, i get a disk utility internal error, wtf?!!! says its lost its connection with the Disk Management Tool and cannot continue....this sucks!! help!

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Does the Apple Menu icon seem more shaded in 10.4.4 or is that just me? I hope it is, it'd be the biggest news of the day IMO!

I hope my eyes aren't deceiving me. I'd hate to have to gouge them out. :(

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    3.7 KB · Views: 1,759

Bern

macrumors 68000
Nov 10, 2004
Australia
I haven't installed it yet. I will be after I receive my ordered iLife '06 and done a complete reinstall (I usually do a yearly one).

donco

macrumors newbie
May 29, 2002
Vancouver BC
mad jew said:
Does the Apple Menu icon seem more shaded in 10.4.4 or is that just me? I hope it is, it'd be the biggest news of the day IMO!

I hope my eyes aren't deceiving me. I'd hate to have to gouge them out. :(
As the Pixies said; "Gouge Away"... I haven't upgraded yet and it is the same.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Low said:
just did the update on x.3.9 and now my wireless card wont authenticate to my wireless router!!!

and when i run repair permissions, i get a disk utility internal error, wtf?!!! says its lost its connection with the Disk Management Tool and cannot continue....this sucks!! help!

You did what?

You can't run an update for 10.4 on a system running 10.3, if you want Tiger, you have to buy it. 10.3.9 is as far as you can go without spending any more money.

No wonder you're having problems.

yojitani

macrumors 68000
Apr 28, 2005
An octopus's garden
Asagai said:
After the 10.4.3 upgrade the fans in my 1.6GHz G5 went CRAZY. After that upgrade the box OVERHEATS and crashes! To make it work I have an external fan the sits in front of the machine.

Did you set your processor performance to highest or reduced? 'Automatic' is usually the setting that freaks the fans out, so to speak. I had the same problem in 10.4.3 and manually changing those settings controls the fans. I just installed 10.4.4 and am waiting to see if it has improved on my machine.

Low

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2003
Chundles said:
You did what?

You can't run an update for 10.4 on a system running 10.3, if you want Tiger, you have to buy it. 10.3.9 is as far as you can go without spending any more money.

No wonder you're having problems.

umm..no i wasnt trying to download 10.4...i just went in my software update and tried to download what was available. it had the QT download, and the ipod download and i believe the isight download but i dont have isight...at this point i dont need tiger...

yojitani

macrumors 68000
Apr 28, 2005
An octopus's garden
Low said:
umm..no i wasnt trying to download 10.4...i just went in my software update and tried to download what was available. it had the QT download, and the ipod download and i believe the isight download but i dont have isight...at this point i dont need tiger...

Having just read back a little, it seems that apple took off the QT update - probably because it was unstable. You may be getting the worst of it. If you can, I'd recommend going to the support site to get the QT 7.0.3 (or whatever) UNINSTALLER or I suppose a regressor to an earlier version.

I never update QT straight away because if there are issues, I'm screwed...

Good luck.

YOJ

virus1

macrumors 65816
Jun 24, 2004
LOST
10.4.4 apparently broke my airport in my 12" ibook g4. it isn't aware of any hardware, while i havent changed a physical thing since i shut down (when it was working just fine)

Edit: did another reboot and it is fine now.. odd

mongoos150

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2005
nihilisticmonk said:
Aperture = still annoying bug where scrolling through albums is pixellated thumbnails for a split second...bizarrely this bug doesn't appear in full screen mode....

That's no bug, it happens on iPhoto and Adobe Lightroom as well, the images pixelate while you are scrolling to allow fast scrolling without having to render the entire image. You wouldn't have a very smooth scroll otherwise.

mileslong

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2005
Newport Beach, CA
so far so good except for the following. QT crashes after playing wmv file and doesnt play the audio on some mpg files that it did before, i will just wait for the correction update. blew out my transparent dock and frontrow hack. also messed up two themes in shapeshifter i had.

Alex Cutter

macrumors member
Oct 2, 2005
Low said:
jand when i run repair permissions, i get a disk utility internal error, wtf?!!! says its lost its connection with the Disk Management Tool and cannot continue....this sucks!! help!
I got the same thing when I updated a friend from Jag/Panther to Tiger. Haven't been able to figure it out...everything else is working fine.

mynameisjesse

macrumors member
Aug 1, 2005
new york.
fixed the little gui errors i was having. overall, seems to be running better and spotlight has definitely improved. my processor tempeture average is lower than before but at the same time i do notice a fan noise increase.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.