Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

4look4rd

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2009
I honestly hate Safari. It still has a lot to do to catch up with firefox and chrome.

macfan881

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2006
I honestly hate Safari. It still has a lot to do to catch up with firefox and chrome.

Safari Is very nice yeah doesnt have add on suport like firfox but Firefox has ben seriously bloated for a while now I'm wating for Chrome/Opera to get more addon suport.

VS007

macrumors member
Apr 12, 2008
The Top Sites does feel lot snappier and opening a new tab does not bring out the beachballs.

ajohnson253

macrumors 68000
Jun 16, 2008
Seeing the first page of replies I just might have to do the update once I get back to the hotel. Good thing I brought the mac or I would have just been anxious.

DoctorOwl

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2009
I did a software update, only this was installed, I deferred the reboot, then a few hours later I went to reboot it, chose to install and reboot ...

And when it rebooted it had reset my clock to 2001. What the crap?

skate71290

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2009
UK
just opened Safari... very quick... loaded MacRumors... got the Beachball for two minutes then decided to start working - i am getting really ****ing pissed off with Apple the knobheaded annoying ****ing **** doesn't even work on their own damn operating system but works perfectly on Windows 7 :mad:

macadam212

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2007
This icon looks different from the Application icon sitting in the Dock. I think it's just to designate Safari for the purposes of the thread. The actual app icon is the same.

Yeah you're right!

170810-safari_icon.jpg
screenshot20100312at000.png

Strange???

mex4eric

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
Downloading ...

Great. Wasn't having any problems except with a few sites that don't like Safari, but downloading now and will see if I can get to those sites now (maybe with Develop set User Agent).;)

TKEik683

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2007
NY
Downloading this when I get home. I have been trying Safari the last couple days. On my laptop I dont mind it too much, I still cant get used to it on my Mac Pro though.

All I want to do it Middle Click close tabs! Any simple plug ins that just do this?

Argh.

HLdan

macrumors 603
Aug 22, 2007
Only Apple has this prestige to get even their browser updates on front page news. I wonder if the Windows fans get front page news updates when Internet Explorer gets updates? :D

magpie maniac

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2007
- Performance improvements for Top Sites
- Stability improvements for 3rd-party plug-ins
- Stability improvements for websites with online forms and Scalable Vector Graphics
- Fixes an issue that prevented Safari from changing settings on some Linksys routers

Oh, these improvements make me very angry. Better performance. Increased stability. I'm so infuriated that I'm going to negatively rate this article.

Apple seems to forget that there are a number of users out there who demand insatiability for third-party pug-ins. We want online forms that don't cooperate well. Oh, I could just scream.

j/k ;)

madmax_2069

macrumors 6502a
Aug 17, 2005
Springfield Ohio
Why does a browser need to change settings in my router? This kind of scares me.

Humm, you change the settings by using a browser using the routers web based setup, safari wasn't allowing you to do that with some linksys routers. The browser don't change the settings by itself.

OldCorpse

macrumors 68000
Dec 7, 2005
compost heap
After the update - lost my desktop background (reverted to original SL) and lost my favicons in Safari. Sigh. Yes, I repaired the permissions (fwiw). Lame. I'm on 10.6.2, new i7 iMac, standard configuration, no haxies and no extensions etc..

mex4eric

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
Snappier

Amazing! It now works on that recalcitrant foreign bank site! Not sure what they changed for that. More than just what Apple advertised. Before I had to use FF for that. :confused:

And it does feel faster, to Top Sites, from Top Sites and page to page. Will know better in a few days. Now if they would speed up Safari on the iPhone.:rolleyes:

krzyglue

macrumors regular
May 27, 2009
I hope this fixes pretty much the only thing I find annoying in Safari: on my Wordpress Google Analytics dashboard admin widget, Safari doesn't display the SVG graph, while Firefox does. Yes, stupid, but that is the only reason I'm not on Safari right now.

Anyone know if this is what they mean by the SVG issue?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.