Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Coffee50

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2015
If your asking me then I would say the leather.

Potential first time leather case user, lol. How would you rank the protection factor? Any issues with the exposed bottom?

I've always wanted an apple case but I've been on the fence because while I really like the look, I'm concerned about the protection. But these phones are supposed to be stronger, so I'm thinking of going for a leather case!

Lunfai

macrumors 68000
Nov 21, 2010
Sheffield
Potential first time leather case user, lol. How would you rank the protection factor? Any issues with the exposed bottom?

I've always wanted an apple case but I've been on the fence because while I really like the look, I'm concerned about the protection. But these phones are supposed to be stronger, so I'm thinking of going for a leather case!

Silicone user so it might not be a true reflection of an opinion that you're looking for. For me, the exposed bottom hasn't been a problem. I normally drop my phone on flat surfaces and I typically am careful so I've never really dropped it much anyway and definitely would be more careful around gravel and such. My phone is near perfection condition except a small minuscule scratch that is on the screen that can be hardly seen unless you're in direct sunlight with the screen off and you have the intent to find the scratch but that can be fixed with a screen protector but in all honestly the screen has held up without any mild/major scratches.

Coffee50

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2015
Silicone user so it might not be a true reflection of an opinion that you're looking for. For me, the exposed bottom hasn't been a problem. I normally drop my phone on flat surfaces and I typically am careful so I've never really dropped it much anyway and definitely would be more careful around gravel and such. My phone is near perfection condition except a small minuscule scratch that is on the screen that can be hardly seen unless you're in direct sunlight with the screen off and you have the intent to find the scratch but that can be fixed with a screen protector but in all honestly the screen has held up without any mild/major scratches.

Thanks! Appreciate your response. I was thinking of the silicone but read so much about lint that I figured if I was going to go with an apple case, it would just be leather, but that could change when I'm the actual store.

Lunfai

macrumors 68000
Nov 21, 2010
Sheffield
Thanks! Appreciate your response. I was thinking of the silicone but read so much about lint that I figured if I was going to go with an apple case, it would just be leather, but that could change when I'm the actual store.

Definitely! Me too I'm looking around, I've never really been a fan of the leather but I'll take a look at them but I've honestly had no lint troubles with mine which is strange because I've been hearing a lot about it. I don't even remember if it was a lint magnet when I first got it so I'm not too sure haha.

Really liking the midnight blue and I've switched to the silver this year (first time after saying yes to the slate and the space grays lol, so I've FINALY switched). I really like the new white one with the black logo too so I'm going for a final visit on Friday :p

shr631

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2013
Just picked up a new apple silicone case for my 6. Pretty good overall - fits well and feels sort of satiny, as others have said. But it feels very slippery surprisingly. Anyone with an apple silicone 6s case, does it get grippier or stay slippery? Thx

Lunfai

macrumors 68000
Nov 21, 2010
Sheffield
Just picked up a new apple silicone case for my 6. Pretty good overall - fits well and feels sort of satiny, as others have said. But it feels very slippery surprisingly. Anyone with an apple silicone 6s case, does it get grippier or stay slippery? Thx

Not sure about the new ones but definitely grippy with the old one.

MacMandy

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2006
Manchester, UK

Which colour did you choose?

Bryan Bowler

macrumors 601
Sep 27, 2008
My silicon cases are waiting for Big Brown to get here with my iPhones!

i-gn9qv9K.jpg

andyp350

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2011
I'm really impressed the silicone case this year. I hated with iPhone 6 one and regretted not returning it straight away, it had way too much grip/friction and putting it in and out of pockets was a nightmare. The 6S case feels much better, enough grip to make it nice to hold but it slides easily in and out my pocket. The black apple logo on the back also looks a lot smarter and professional than the design on the case for the 6.
I'm glad I bought the case as after my experience with last years one I nearly didn't!

Elektrofone

macrumors 65816
Jul 5, 2010
I'm really impressed the silicone case this year. I hated with iPhone 6 one and regretted not returning it straight away, it had way too much grip/friction and putting it in and out of pockets was a nightmare. The 6S case feels much better, enough grip to make it nice to hold but it slides easily in and out my pocket. The black apple logo on the back also looks a lot smarter and professional than the design on the case for the 6.
I'm glad I bought the case as after my experience with last years one I nearly didn't!
I'm glad to hear this. I had the silicone case for my iPhone 6 last year and could barely remove it from my pockets most of the time and then it would be covered in dust and lint.

noobinator

macrumors 604
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Can anyone with a 6s Plus take a pic of the back of the phone (camera cutout) with a silicon case? I feel like the cutout isn't perfectly placed. My camera lens is pushed up against one side of the cutout with the other side having a lot of room. I tried re-adjusting it but this is the only spot it will sit.

Elektrofone

macrumors 65816
Jul 5, 2010
Went and bought a grey silicone case this morning for my 6S. Definitely less rubbery than last years model. It picks up a little lint but wipes off easily. Much nicer overall.

Will22

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2011
Can anyone with a 6s Plus take a pic of the back of the phone (camera cutout) with a silicon case? I feel like the cutout isn't perfectly placed. My camera lens is pushed up against one side of the cutout with the other side having a lot of room. I tried re-adjusting it but this is the only spot it will sit.

Here you go.
image.jpeg

Will22

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2011
Here is the case on my iP6, surprised by the difference in photo quality!
image.jpeg

kmj2318

macrumors 68000
Aug 22, 2007
Naples, FL
Are the new cases the same material as the sport bands? That would make sense that they're not too grippy. Maybe they won't pick up lint like the old ones.

Edit: also, how closely do the colors match with the corresponding sport bands?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.