Apple Watch Series 3 Pre-Order Thread

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by iamMacPerson, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Peter K. macrumors 6502a

Peter K.

I didn't get to go through with the order, because by the end of the chat the model I wanted was sold out. However, I did start the process by choosing New Line.

2. amitdoc2b macrumors 6502a

I ordered as new line.

3. AppleChic76 macrumors 6502a

AppleChic76

Ordered a little after midnight here in California—started on the App Store app then switched to the computer when Apple finally went live (which was NOT at midnight LOL).

I see now shipping is 2-3 weeks out. So glad I got through when I did!

Attached Files:

4. tomnavratil macrumors 6502a

tomnavratil

Guys, do you please know if I can order an LTE model to a country, which doesn't support it yet but will? Trying to order my watch in German store for Czech delivery so I have ceramic back and 16GB of memory but no luck; so a but confused if it's possible. Thanks!

5. Enigma01au macrumors member

Enigma01au

Australian price!

6. Cnasty macrumors 68020

Cnasty

Yaaawwwwwwwwwwwwn

Slept through the alarm to place my order. Model I want is only 2 weeks out.

Best decision ever :)

7. virginblue4 macrumors 68000

virginblue4

Strangely although most models have slipped back by a few weeks, they are all still available for pickup from my local Apple store on the 22nd.

8. Christocentric macrumors regular

Christocentric

Here's my question. I used Apple Pay to purchase my watch. I remember one time I used Apple Pay to preorder an iPhone and after I preordered I updated to the latest iOS. That update caused my Apple Pay to get rejected on the purchase when it shipped and they tried to charge the card and almost delayed my order. Do you think those of us that used Apple Pay to preorder our watches should wait until our cards have been charged before updating to iOS 11? Like maybe after our watches ship so maybe Wednesday or...

9. CjonesHouston macrumors 6502a

CjonesHouston

I placed my order so fast. 03:am that I forgot to add Apple care for my two watches. I hope I can add it later today over the phone when Apple customer care opens up. I don’t want to have to go in store to add Apple care.

10. kazz063 macrumors newbie

kazz063

Ordered the 38mm Cellular here in Australia tonight, shipping says 2-3 weeks, but that's ok, the wait last year was even longer.

11. richardjhurst macrumors member

I ordered the 42MM stainless steel gps+cellular in the white band. Ordered placed at 8.01am and shipping says 9th-16th October. Thought it was supposed to be 22nd Sept??

12. ccrgt macrumors regular

For all you Aussies out there, I ordered AW3 through apple and tonight went to my local Optus store to check out the monthly fee. Not a lot (if any!) of knowledge but the sales girl was great and did lots of work to find out for me. I have been put on a $25/mth plan with 3GB data for phone (My Plan Plus) with 6 months of free ‘Optus Number Share’ then after that only $5 month extra to use AW3 with my iPhone 7. So all up about $30/month. Brilliant - can’t wait for next Friday woohoo!

13. hubieonekanubie macrumors regular

hubieonekanubie

I just ordered a space gray with gray sport band gps + cellular with 9/22 delivery. I thought the sim in these were carrier specific but was never asked what carrier I was on. Hoping there are no issues setting it up on Verizon.

14. thehype31 macrumors regular

Got two LTE watches (one for myself, one for the wife) ordered at 3:03 eastern with the app and Apple Pay. Smooth sailing once it went live. One of the least stressful preorder experiences I've had with the smoothness of the transaction (although it's been a couple years since I did a 3 am preorder).

15. reserves macrumors member

For UK users, just spoke to EE, they say that there will not be another UK provider for a long while, but we'll see, it's not worth me switching just for this at the moment.

Wonder if the battery life on the LTE model will be worse even though there's no LTE connection

16. thehype31 macrumors regular

That actually brings up a question that popped into my head the other day- will there be an on/off switch just for the LTE radio like the cellular iPads have? If there is, then you should see absolutely no impact battery wise since you could just disable the radio from ever trying to connect to a tower.

17. suncountry macrumors member

yea.. must be a glitch. I tried to go the pickup route to get it earlier. When I got to the final page there was an error and in red text it said that my store was "sold out" of that item and I would have to pick another store. :(

Got Space Gray - black band - LTE - Series 3 (new user) Delivery is October 6-13.

18. batristain, Sep 15, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2017

batristain macrumors 6502

batristain

I'm finally upgrading my Series 0 38 MM SS. I ordered the 38 MM SS (white sports loop) w/LTE through ATT. For the first time I didn't want a launch day delivery because I'm not returning from my vacation until the 26th. I ordered it a few minutes ago and still have delivery set for Sept 29th - Oct 6th. I'm ok with that date and maybe they can crush it a little and it will arrive just in time. I didn't want to have to deal with instructing my neighbor to put out a signature form and such. I'm going overseas and wasn't sure how well my cell reception would be to try to deal with a reschedule because I wouldn't know for sure what delivery shop would be bringing it (usually it's Fedex for ATT I think). I also knew the 38 MM don't sell as fast as the 42 MM so I'm quite happy my delivery date is only a week out. :)
    --- Post Merged, Sep 15, 2017 ---
    I saw that as well but I think that's b/c they had the activation fee in there for 25.00. My activation was waived and just showed my total I paid for the taxes today and a 10.00 charges because I added it to my Family Share plan...

Cheers,
    B

19. mcvaughan macrumors 6502a

Ordered at 12:03. Coming from S2 Hermès.

Attached Files:

20. MaximTV macrumors 6502a

MaximTV

21. thehype31 macrumors regular

One other note that is probably meaningless, but I find interesting...

In the Apple Store app, under iPhone 8 the term "pre-order" is used, while under the Apple Watch, the term "order" is used... probably meaningless, but I wonder why the different use of terminology?

22. willismac macrumors regular

Me too

23. Cnasty macrumors 68020

Cnasty

Huh

Added a 42mm SS to my bag and 3 weeks to ship, available for store pick up friday.

Score!

24. richard371 macrumors 68000

Dang there is an activation fee with att. I would love to just pay 10 and try for a month to see how well it works out. Now it looks like I’d be out a $40 activation fee also?

25. troubleonline macrumors 65816

troubleonline

Have been looking for a pre order watch thread so glad to find you!

Have ordered at 08.05 (UK time) for 22 Sept delivery and already showing as preparing for dispatch (and an authorisation on Paypal) :)

Will be my first :apple: watch. The intro of cellular/LTE has made me go for it but just getting for a gold aluminium with sport loop as monthly cost over 24 months pretty minimal so easy/easier to justify :rolleyes:. Couldn't decide on 38mm or 42mm so have ordered both. My preference is smaller but have never tried on any Apple Watches so worried the display may feel too small.

Made an error though and order for 42mm was a few minutes later so that has slipped to 9-16 October delivery. That's fine though if the 38mm feels great and in the meantime I can get to store or try a friends 42mm for size to compare then I can cancel the 42mm order.