Apple Watch Series 3 Pre-Order Thread

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by iamMacPerson, Sep 15, 2017.

1. patrickpiteo macrumors member

order 12:02 AM

Order In Progress Delivers 22 Sep, 2017 by Standard Shipping

Cancel ItemsW572790579-0
    • [​IMG]
      • $649.00
      • $649.00
      Apple Watch Series 3 GPS + Cellular, 42mm Space Black Stainless Steel Case with Black Sport Band

2. wborisenok macrumors 6502

wborisenok

currently using a Series 2 Aluminum in Space Gray. can't decide if I should pull the trigger on a Series 3 in the same config. I'm not going for the LTE as I never go anywhere without my phone - and don't care to. I've got it in my bag...but is the faster chip, addition of the altimeter, and the tougher glass worth it? anything I'm missing? if the chip is 70% faster than the Series 2 like some have said, that could be a deciding factor for me. help!

3. Tdadlani macrumors regular

Tdadlani

How were you able to get a SS 42MM in Black sport band ? I only saw the option for the White Sport Band.

4. patrickpiteo macrumors member

5. Tdadlani macrumors regular

Tdadlani

6. mullingover macrumors newbie

I have to say, I was very interested in the Series 3. I was going back and forth between the GPS + LTE or just GPS version. I honestly think the GPS version would be the best fit for me, but in looking closely at Apple's website, it looks like they changed their minds since the Series 2 and all Series 3 aluminum GPS models will have a composite back and not ceramic. I would be happy to pay up for the best specs and ditch the LTE capabilities - but you're going to stiff me on the quality of the sensor coverage?...:confused:

7. Bossyman macrumors member

I ordered Nike SPORTS watch for activation with Verizon...on Apple website...but Verizon website offers $60 in credits to activate...do I have to BUY from Verizon for the $60 in credits?

Here's the rub...the NIKE Sports models are not yet available on Verizon website...

8. zzyzx macrumors member

I'm going to be on vacation when it comes out but I was able to preorder this morning to have it delivered to a store right where I'll be on 9/22. I figure if that slips, I can always change it to ship to my house if need be.

9. fodaveg macrumors regular

fodaveg

i was reading your posts and i didn't understand why you talk about delays with your apple watch with nylon band.
    then i went to apple.com and i realized how many different versions were available there (and how cheap!).

here in spain we only have the standard watch s3 with the 4 standard colors and the classic band at 369€ -> 38" and 399€ -> 42" and if you want a nylon band you have to buy it apart at 59€

it's a shame such difference in prices and available versions..

PS: i'm talking about the s3 gps standard. there is also the nike version.

PS2: i bought the 42 space gray S3 and will wait for the nylon band to be available at the apple store so.. total cost: 458€ or right now $548

10. Sgh808 macrumors member

Sgh808

11. vespagirl macrumors regular

vespagirl

Ordered a 42mm SS silver with LTE from B&H Photo at their 3a preorder. This morning, the item is showing as backordered with no clear ship date since it hasn't released yet. I ordered a 42mm silver aluminum from Apple with a 9/22 delivery date. So two in the queue, and I am hoping to get a better idea from B&H because I prefer the stainless steel.

12. Cnasty macrumors 68020

Cnasty

Was just going to get the SS and settle for the white sports band but I am not a fan of the sports bands at all. Figured its $150 after the fact so I save the $50 and get the much nicer band.

So ponied up and got the 42MM SS with the Milanese Loop and spoiled myself.

Yolo or whatever the cool kids say now a days right??? ;)

13. Pug72 macrumors 6502a

Pug72

Upgrading from Series 0 Space Black to Series 3 Space Black again.
    Really hope you can turn cellular off as I'm not with EE.

14. Buran macrumors 6502

Buran

I ordered that in 38mm but I already have both the white band and the Milanese. I was hoping to at least get a sport band in a color I like and don't already have.

Oh well. I wonder if soft white is any different from white. Guess I'll find out on the 22nd when I pick it up at the local store.

15. Cnasty macrumors 68020

Cnasty

I honestly wish they offered an option to just buy the watch. No band, just the watch.

I know I am kidding myself on that but it would be a fantastic option for those in your scenario or in mine that didn't want the white at all and will buy additional bands from Apple anyways for what I like with the SS.

A man can dream. :)

16. Buran macrumors 6502

Buran

Or that you could get stainless without cellular! Oh well. I'll just activate it later or never. It should work fine with wifi and Bluetooth.

I'll just put a vinyl dot over the red crown. At least that annoyance is cheap to deal with.

17. Curly Lu macrumors regular

Curly Lu

Hey there, Watch twin.

18. whtrbt7 macrumors 6502a

Battery is dying on my Series 0 watches. So I picked up 2 more stainless steel ones this time around. Apple needs an “Automatic”.

19. Smoothie macrumors 6502

A few minutes ago, I ordered a black stainless steel LTE with black sport band. The delivery estimate is 3-4 weeks. That's fine with me because I'll be out of town for a couple of weeks. I couldn't find the option to pick up the watch at my local Apple Store. If it's delivered while I'm out of town, I may receive the disappearing model that comes with legs.

20. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

At launch for the series 0, the 38mm space grey were delayed. I fully expected it again this time, so I wasn't surprised to see a 10/5 delivery date. I did not catch the article mentioned below, but I'm not surprised.

Let's just hope that they overestimated the time, and we'll still get them before 10/5. Yes, I went with 38mm space grey again (I just love the way it looks!), only this time with GPS and cellular.

21. yegon macrumors 68020

Unless you really want LTE, which some people clearly do, I see zero reason to upgrade in your situation. I’m kind of glad my Series 2 is great for another year without feeling like I’m missing out on anything I really want.

If I wanted LTE I wouldn’t hesitate, can see it being highly useful for some people. It’s not something I’d use much and isn’t worth it to me to upgrade for that alone though. Glad it’s become an option, assuming Series 4 catches my eye for a variety of other reasons, I’ll get the LTE version then because the versatility, used however infrequently, would easily be worth the extra fee.

22. RMSko macrumors 6502

I see a lot of orders for SS space grey - but for SS isn't it space black? Just want to make sure I ordered the right thing.

23. Coffee50 macrumors 6502

Does anyone know or have any idea when / how soon Epp prices go into effect for new Apple watches?

24. fodaveg macrumors regular

fodaveg

25. wborisenok macrumors 6502

wborisenok

ended up pulling the trigger. lol. my current Series 2 is in great shape and has over 1.5 years of AppleCare+ left on it, I'll probably be able to get $250 for it. only used it for 4 months. the extra $79 + tax is worth it to me to get the faster processer, improved heart rate sensor, and altimeter.