Apple's Tim Cook and More Than 100 CEOs Urge Congress to Protect Dreamers

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MacRumors, Jan 11, 2018.

1. magicschoolbus macrumors 6502a

magicschoolbus

It's the rich parasites that cause real damage by employing cheap illegal immigrants and exploiting them.

Tim Cook sucks.

2. Naraxus macrumors 6502a

Naraxus

Adios aliens. Your time freeloading has come to an end and you deserve to be deported despite what SJW's like Cook the Coward desire. Goodbye and good riddance.

3. DevNull0 macrumors 68000

If someone steals your car, the reality is they are now in your car, they have possession of you car and have been driving it around and doing what they want with it. So we should ignore the fact that stealing it was "technically" illegal and allow them to keep your car because they need a car after all.

Same with your house. If you're at work and someone breaks in and moves into your house, we should let them stay there right? They need somewhere to live and the reality is they're already there, so it doesn't matter if it was illegal how they got there. Right?

And that logic extends to why have any laws at all. If someone murders you, the reality is you're dead, putting someone in jail for it will only ruin their life, it won't bring you back, so why bother?

The point is, your argument has more holes than a sponge.

4. blacktape242 macrumors 65816

blacktape242

Sorry Tim, I really dont care what your opinion is on these matters....

I dont think he brought race into it, you did....a dreamer could be white too ya know...

5. Zachari macrumors regular

Zachari

Yea he loves his cheap slave labor in China, if you are going to be looking out for the "greater good" at least be consistent.

6. skinned66 macrumors 65816

skinned66

Dear CEOs,

Put your company's money where your mouth is.

7. Strelok macrumors 6502a

Strelok

Don't throw green card holders into the same category. There's a huge difference between illegal immigrants, H1B's and those who went through the process to get a green card.

8. iReality85 macrumors 6502a

Thank you for obeying our laws. We are proud to have you here! :)

It really comes down to Congress not fixing our immigration problems because of politics (surprise surprise), and to a lesser extent big business benefiting from cheap(er) labor.

DACA is what happens when border security and immigration are ignored. Just like the 1980s, here we are yet again. I know everyone has their opinions of him, but at least Trump is whipping Congress to take action like they should be.

9. blacktape242 macrumors 65816

blacktape242

and NO one thinks the dems WANT the votes....of course thats the point! is timmy a liberal...yuppppp

10. macTW Suspended

I’m not comparing the illegality or legality of their coming. I’m stating the tech companies employ more immigrants than locals. And they come through various ways.

I don’t think green card holders have done anything wrong.

11. deanthedev macrumors 65816

deanthedev

Try harder next time.

I’m making fun of the fact Trump is a racist, and really only wants white immigrants to come here (no Mexicans, Muslims or other non-whites).

12. RichardMZhlubb macrumors regular

RichardMZhlubb

Not sure where you're getting the $14 billion figure (and those types of estimates have tended to be wildly inflated), but you're comparing two entirely different groups. The $2 billion figure is just from DACA-eligible immigrants (less than 10 percent of all undocumented immigrants). Looking just at tax revenues and government expenditures also ignores their overall contribution to the economy. A USC study estimated that undocumented immigrants contribute $130 billion a year to California's GDP.

The bottom line is that this is a very complicated issue, and calling all Dreamers "freeloaders" is simply uninformed and wrong.

13. magicschoolbus macrumors 6502a

magicschoolbus

Of course that's all they want.

The left wonders why they lost the election, maybe it's because they were pandering to citizens that couldn't vote to begin with. Illegals.

And also, I have a lot of friends that are of Latin descent, some even from Cuba. They love Trump and cannot stand the people that cheated the system to get here. Most of them even voted for Trump.

14. Naraxus macrumors 6502a

Naraxus

It's not complicated in the slightest. All illegals and anchorbabies should be rounded up an deported. Period.

15. magicschoolbus macrumors 6502a

magicschoolbus

Keep sippin that main stream media cool aid.
    --- Post Merged, Jan 11, 2018 ---
    Illegal is Illegal.

16. jimbobb24 macrumors 6502a

The dreamers are a small population. Leave them all in exchange for serious enforcement of our current immigration laws and adoption of Australia style immigration rules. But it will be hard for them if their parents have to return.

These are tough issues. Our lax enforcement of our laws has put lots of people in trouble. If we enforced immigration even as well as Mexico less people would be left in the shadows.

17. deanthedev macrumors 65816

deanthedev

Don’t need to. Although it’s nice to see who supports that worthless POS Trump, and which MR posters I can ignore.

18. magicschoolbus macrumors 6502a

magicschoolbus

Typical liberal. Ignoring anything they disagree with instead of having a conversation. Guess you're too offended. Shocking.

19. magbarn macrumors 68000

buh buh buh the SALES TAXES they're paying. ROFL...
    Something about not buying the cow, when you get the milk for free... hahaha

20. zaphon macrumors 6502

zaphon

How about Apple stay out of politics, and stick to business!

21. magbarn macrumors 68000

So what happens after next batch? Do we keep granting amnesty with impunity? (Because that's what we've been doing in the past) What's Thailand's stance on illegal immigration? Do we expect to freely hand out citizenship like the rest of the world expects the USA to do? Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Thailand require their legal immigrants to make $2500 US per month or they get kicked out?

22. deanthedev macrumors 65816

deanthedev

I disagree with racists, bigots, homophobes and the like. So sorry that offends you.

And keep up with the liberal stereotypes. Speaks volumes about your true character.

23. indychris macrumors 6502

indychris

This Apple customer would simply like to urge one Apple CEO to quit pretending to be an expert on all social and political issues simply because he inherited the reigns of a really big company. Just work on making great products and taking care of your customers. Believe it or not, your customers actually VOTE for other people to take care of issues like this so that you can focus on the stuff YOU'VE been paid to do, which I'm pretty certain doesn't include solving the border, sexual and other social issues of America.

Maybe you can hire Neil Diamond as Apple spokesman on the issue. At least he sang a song about immigration when I was a kid.

24. DeepIn2U macrumors 601

DeepIn2U

I'm sorry if a large enterprise even has an set criteria in case of a Pandemic situation for their city/state/province ... then they'll have provisions for key employees that will be forced to move.

Apple you make MacBooks/MacBook Pros
    You have cellphones with a large worldwide carrier reach
    You more than likely have a VPN connection to your network.
    You have iMessage for Video Chat and Audio chat not to mention phone calls.

I'm sure you can support remote workers within a 5 day period to work remotely, sign documents (hey iOS 11 PDF) and continue to work. Not like you don't have enough money to get this working.

Either way I think this whole DACA upheavel is going to be a very bad mess for years to come even after ratification. It sucks to be even in this predicament and I personally think they should stay. Their legit, paying taxes and more than likely can pass citizenship.

25. neutralguy macrumors 6502a

Yes. And we also have to accept it if we get rejected for some simple reason. I think the best way to come this country is the illegal way. That way, on e you are here, it's not your problem anymore. Let the politicians and company ceos fight it out.