Apple's Tim Cook and More Than 100 CEOs Urge Congress to Protect Dreamers

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MacRumors, Jan 11, 2018.

1. TMRJIJ macrumors 68030

TMRJIJ

No. This is what common sense should tell you.

2. Mansu944 macrumors 6502

Why? What are you bringing to the table? I ask you too, how many illegals are you providing a room too? How many are you providing assistance to? Why am I not allowed to bash a criminal? Want to answer any of these questions?

3. thadoggfather macrumors G3

thadoggfather

I despise this ceo

If I were on Apple board I would
    Make it a top agenda to get him canned

4. Zachari macrumors regular

Zachari

Stay in your lane, Tim Cook. (said in the poop face Animoji)

5. Tonewheel macrumors 6502a

A real problem in your UK. smh

6. cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

The Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) was an American immigration policy that allowed some individuals who entered the country as minors, and had either entered or remained in the country illegally, to receive a renewable two-year period of deferred action from deportation and to be eligible for a work permit.

7. mozumder macrumors 6502a

We need Dreamers to replace the garbage that is the American working-class. Instead of being useless losers complaining about foreigners taking their jobs, they need to become smarter and get some useful skills that can make them employable.

Let's work to de-citizenize the American working class and replace them with more useful and hard-working foreigners.

These working-class need to shape up or ship out of this country.

8. magicschoolbus macrumors 6502a

magicschoolbus

Illegal immigrants are Illegal. The law is the law.

Giving illegal aliens voting rights, social security which won't even be around for my generation, and other government benefits are insane. These privileges are for American citizens, and it should stay that way.

9. citysnaps macrumors 68040

He is in his lane, looking out for Apple employees. That's one of his many roles as CEO of Apple.

And that lane is pretty wide, with more than 100 other tech CEOs taking the same position, looking out for their employees.

10. magicschoolbus macrumors 6502a

magicschoolbus

Looking out for their cheap labor.

Deport them all. Illegal is Illegal.

11. Jsameds macrumors 68040

Neither, he was talking about illegal immigration.

12. glindon macrumors regular

glindon

Illegal immigrants cost the state of California 14 billion a year. That 2 billion they pay in taxes is a rounding error.

13. citysnaps macrumors 68040

Really? How cheap? Please cite some numbers with links.

14. magicschoolbus macrumors 6502a

magicschoolbus

How about all of us illegally enter a country, cause crime, refuse to learn the language, demand local politicians cater to us, ask for amnesty, take jobs away, demand voting rights, demand taxpayer dollars of native citizens, and not integrate with the rest of the country. I'm sure the native people of the country we're invading would love it.
    --- Post Merged, Jan 11, 2018 ---
    Illegal is Illegal.

15. macTW Suspended

Help them becomes citizens or have them leave. An infinite extension on a temporary resident permissions is the worst scenario. If them, why not others who find their way here?

16. cicalinarrot macrumors regular

cicalinarrot

Everyone is finding some excuse to complain here. They're all different, all based on feelings (Apple quality is getting worse, he doesn't really care, he's usually not so leftist and so on), no data.
    The only useful information I found reading your comments is you people like complaining about Tim. Good for you.

17. ipponrg macrumors 6502

You're in CA. Don't be naive. Stop by a Lowe's or Home Depot on the outside and see how much they are willing to work for.

There are many illegals who legitimately work hard and kudos to them. My MAIN issue is they do NOT pay taxes, so they are effectively gaming the system. That is unfair to the rest of legal society. If those illegals were converted to US citizens and had to endure the same consequences, then that is perfectly fine.

But if they have no interest in becoming legal and think they are owed rights, then that's not just.

18. norbinhouston macrumors regular

lol, laws don't apply to illegals. Illegals come here with full understanding that its against our laws. You think a new law will do anything?

19. Strelok macrumors 6502a

Strelok

Try to go to Mexico illegally and see what happens. It's sad really.

20. macTW, Jan 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2018

macTW Suspended

1) you’re right in how the US came to be.
    2) you’re wrong to use that to compare. There were no laws then. The immigrants came together to form a country and form laws. Now there are laws and it’s illegal to break them.
    3) look at the demographics of many tech companies. 50-90% international employees on green cards or dreamers or other methods of residency for work. It isn’t necessarily inaccurate to say quality dropped over the last decade, as did the increase in this demographic at work. But to link cause is impossible - can only cite correlation.

Edit: changed “yeh” autocorrect to tech.

21. riverfreak macrumors demi-god

riverfreak

And your point is, what exactly? The reality is that they are here now, know only of America, and are functioning members of society. I realize that acting in a rationale, and pragmatic manner is beyond the scope of today's political climate, but the reasonable thing to do is grant these people a path to citizenship.

22. Mansu944 macrumors 6502

What dos white have to do with it? Racist much?

23. mikecorp Suspended

mikecorp

I would fine big companies! That employ illegal dreamers! They pay them minimal wages and taking benefits from them! Illegal means illegal! There are ways to get them sponsorship, internship and work contracts!
    --- Post Merged, Jan 11, 2018 ---
    If Tim wants to do politics please leave Apple! So far the products and software is rather MEH.
    Especially personal opinions should not be under Apple shield. maybe he could be the first G president!

24. magicschoolbus macrumors 6502a

magicschoolbus

Illegal immigration is not "racist".

These are people that are here ILLEGALLY. If you're white, black, latino, whatever - and you're here illegally, you should be DEPORTED. Not hard.

Why should the United States have an open border policy with Mexico, but Mexico not have one with the United States???

25. Winni macrumors 68030

Winni

You mean all those people that do the cleaning for you and cheap manual labor cause real damage?

It's the rich parasites that cause real damage in your country. Certainly not the immigrants that actually BUILT your country.