Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mike2128

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2008
Logistically, the 25 GB plan is a better deal. You end up paying $160 for 4 lines, get 25GB to share before getting slowed down by stream saver, or you could disable stream saver and continue on with overage at your discretion. Plus, rollover data, so I would imagine most months would be > 25GB.

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2014
This is the the current plan offered today. The only change is the requirement to have DirecTV.

eyeseeyou

macrumors 68040
Feb 4, 2011
I mean getting data on your phone or through tethering what does it matter if they tell you ahead of time that they're going to throttle your speed after 22gb?

BruiserB

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2008
So confirmed ATT is not interested in single line customers. Glad it's a parting on mutual terms.

Nobody really seems to be angling for the single line customer. Fortunately for me, I don't really talk that much so I can still make do with T-mobile's $30 5GB LTE, unlimited text, 100 minute prepaid plan. But I would like to have the international roaming ability T-mobile offers for data for when I occasionally travel for work. I'd be happy if there was a $40 postpaid plan with slightly better offerings.

michael31986

macrumors 601
Jul 11, 2008
The real question is. Why would
Someone who has unlimited with att switch to this plan and lose hd video?

Also how much is three lines unlimited than?

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2014
The real question is. Why would
Someone who has unlimited with att switch to this plan and lose hd video?

Also how much is three lines unlimited than?
You don't lose HD and the price is $180 for 3 lines or $180 for 4. The fourth line is free.

kognos

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2013
Oregon
They can't possibly lower their price points any further, right?

Sure they can.

Understand that this is the modern-day TXT message money grab. It's not like the networks really lose money by this plan, they just play the delicate balancing game: If they go too cheap, they get too many customers and then the access points get saturated and then you have bad service. But it's not like they are really spending more money -- they just want to make sure they get as much of your money as possible for the longest time while doing the minimal amount of effort.

So to that end, any of our telcos can easily lower the prices, then we'll really see who has the stronger backbone networking-wise.

Reactions: cjgrif

aced411

macrumors 6502
Jun 2, 2007
"AT&T's $180 price point is after a $40 credit for the fourth smartphone line, which will start after two billing periods. Prior to then, customers will need to pay $220 per month for the plan."

Hell no. AT&T always waits until their hand is forced and then ends up offering the worst deal. I'm going to switch to Verizon this year I think.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
Nobody really seems to be angling for the single line customer. Fortunately for me, I don't really talk that much so I can still make do with T-mobile's $30 5GB LTE, unlimited text, 100 minute prepaid plan. But I would like to have the international roaming ability T-mobile offers for data for when I occasionally travel for work. I'd be happy if there was a $40 postpaid plan with slightly better offerings.

Well Tmob's $70 is not unreasonable with all that is included. And VZW is the same price as my ATT grandfathered unlimited BUT it includes tethering. So even if TMob and VZW are not cheap they at least are trying. ATT seems to have a big old middle finger fully extended to single line customers.

Happily off to TMob tomorrow.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
Plus 50 extra fess, and you'll end up paying over $220.00

Read the fine print, something doesn't smell as good as it seems.
Those fees, in my experience, come out to just under $5 a line on all carriers (I can't speak for sprint). I would expect the total bill to be about $200 for service alone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.