Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ponytrekker

macrumors member
Feb 6, 2012
Hey, for the few of you complaining here about "WHY UPGRADE?" or "IT MAKES NO SENSE!" or "IT COSTS MORE THAN A MORTGAGE!" or "I DON'T UNDERSTAND!" or, even better, "ANDROID HAD THIS FOR YEARS!" or whatever else...

Some of us can afford it and love upgrading. Besides, on the iPhone Upgrade Program, I just pay the taxes and keep moving on with a new phone, never paying full price while deducting the expenses. All while still earning points on my transactions. This is a killer deal for me. Said differently, it almost makes NO SENSE to NOT UPGRADE!

Besides, for some of us, likely MANY of us, the iPhone is not just a phone. It's a success tool. I make way more money with my iPhone than the cost of the iPhone. Talking to prospects, opening or closing certain trades, sending invoices and getting paid on them, transferring money or paying bills, using the hotspot so I can do more on my laptop, conference calls, oh my God the emails I send/receive about everything, and whatever else.

On a personal note, I have kids and I want to document as much as I can of their lives with photos and videos. This is a phenomenal transaction for me overall. So, please, don't try to spoil my fun or that of other people. I ordered two phones (iPhone 11 Pro for my wife and a Pro Max for me). We're both SUPER happy. Also, I have an Apple Watch Series 5 Titanium coming in. And, to make things real fun for the haters or the boohoo'ers, I just ordered a Tesla Model 3 and I should get that by the end of the month. Make better choices, learn a marketable skill, hustle, and manage your money better. It makes days like today extra fun. At least way more fun than your "negative" comments. Oh, and have a great day! Mine is excellent so far!
Well-put.

I too just cough up $60 a month for a 256 -- this time Pro Max. I have EVERYTHING on my phone. My baseball tix, hockey tix, airline tix, it's how I pay for the subway, where I put my rail pass, all my music, where I watch the bulk of my TV, how I track my meals, workouts. My pix, movies are also there. All social media. Calendar. So yeah it's important.

Teach4

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2013
I ordered 2 iPhone 11 pro max in Space Grey. One for myself and one for a sister who has an iPhone 6 with a screen that has started to delaminates. Neither of us liked the Midnight Green. That was our choice. They are both to deliver on launch day. I am giving my XS Max to another sister. She didn’t want the new phone but also figures if I upgrade next year, she can have the one I am getting this year. That way she doesn’t spend money on a new phone, just me. I don’t mind though.

angemon89

macrumors 68000
Feb 5, 2008
Northern CA
Just ordered the Verizon iPhone 11 Pro Max 64GB Midnight Green using the iPhone Upgrade Program for Friday September 20th delivery. I didn't think it would be in stock this late for launch day delivery.
Nice. I forgot to set my alarm and woke up at 7:30am pst this morning and thought oh s*** it’s not gonna be available for launch day. Surprisingly enough it was. I got the same iphone, 64gb green pro max on Verizon.

smulji

macrumors 68030
Feb 21, 2011
Hey, for the few of you complaining here about "WHY UPGRADE?" or "IT MAKES NO SENSE!" or "IT COSTS MORE THAN A MORTGAGE!" or "I DON'T UNDERSTAND!" or, even better, "ANDROID HAD THIS FOR YEARS!" or whatever else...

Some of us can afford it and love upgrading. Besides, on the iPhone Upgrade Program, I just pay the taxes and keep moving on with a new phone, never paying full price while deducting the expenses. All while still earning points on my transactions. This is a killer deal for me. Said differently, it almost makes NO SENSE to NOT UPGRADE!

Besides, for some of us, likely MANY of us, the iPhone is not just a phone. It's a success tool. I make way more money with my iPhone than the cost of the iPhone. Talking to prospects, opening or closing certain trades, sending invoices and getting paid on them, transferring money or paying bills, using the hotspot so I can do more on my laptop, conference calls, oh my God the emails I send/receive about everything, and whatever else.

On a personal note, I have kids and I want to document as much as I can of their lives with photos and videos. This is a phenomenal transaction for me overall. So, please, don't try to spoil my fun or that of other people. I ordered two phones (iPhone 11 Pro for my wife and a Pro Max for me). We're both SUPER happy. Also, I have an Apple Watch Series 5 Titanium coming in. And, to make things real fun for the haters or the boohoo'ers, I just ordered a Tesla Model 3 and I should get that by the end of the month. Make better choices, learn a marketable skill, hustle, and manage your money better. It makes days like today extra fun. At least way more fun than your "negative" comments. Oh, and have a great day! Mine is excellent so far!
You're gonna regret that Model 3 with the Porsche Taycan just released.

Nativo23

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2013
Already preparing to ship

Attachments

• C4864543-978A-4C34-90A0-D8F4F090F7BC.jpeg
    C4864543-978A-4C34-90A0-D8F4F090F7BC.jpeg
    187.1 KB · Views: 200

Pinhead117

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2016
Same way. It’s such a rush seeing that delivery date pop up. My wife doesn’t get it AT ALL. she just thinks I’m a super nerd. She used think I was nuts setting an alarm to preorder at 3am. And for camping out at Apple Ardmore 2 or 3 times. I loved camping out best of all. Had some great times and met some cool people. Glad to see there’s more guys like me out there lol. It’s fun stuff. Got my clear case today and now all I need is my green 11 pro to put in it. Good times!
Yes, I feel the same way. I remember standing in a few lines at the apple store, one time I got to the mall at 4 A.M. and I was in that damn line until 12 noon. I DID get the iPhone I wanted! Fond memories or the things we do for love (of tech!)

Reactions: sulpfiction

Zetaprime

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2011
Ohio, US
It's not really speculation that they will product more space grey models than any other model.

So how come I ordered a space grey max pro when the store opened and got a 9/27 delivery date? Sounds like they must not have had any at all or maybe just a handful.

Apple_Jae

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2017
Concord, CA
Yes, I feel the same way. I remember standing in a few lines at the apple store, one time I got to the mall at 4 A.M. and I was in that damn line until 12 noon. I DID get the iPhone I wanted! Fond memories or the things we do for love (of tech!)

The only year I waited in line, I left my office and went right to the AT&T store. I stayed up all night, was first in line to get my phone, and then went right back to work the next morning where we (as a department) then left to do a charity marathon. On no sleep. It was an interesting experience, and an interesting day at the office the next morning.

willnpc

macrumors regular
May 24, 2015
Panama City
For some reason I get all amped up and nervous right before pre orders go live. Can’t type right, fingers shake, etc. I look at it like a BIG competition to get a launch day device. I’ve camped out a few times back in the day (which was awesome-miss those days). I’ve stood in line, and I’ve gotten up at 3am multiple times. Luckily I’ve gotten every iPhone on launch except for the 3GS that I wasn’t too thrilled about and waited a week. But I love the excitement and stress of preordering. I picture thousands of other people all over the world staring at their screens hitting the refresh button over and over like their all at the starting line of a massive race. And then the gun goes off and it’s on. Wow, I just re-read this post and man, I am a real nerd. But hey, it’s fun.

No need to do that anymore...long gone are the days where stock runs out in minutes ....

Reactions: smulji

BuddyTronic

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2008
I can see some wanting it only because it’s a brand new color (like rose gold years ago), but I have a feeling it won’t be around with next year’s iPhone or Apple Phone 12 Pro/Pro Max.

I ordered one - mainly because it's something new and different, and I like the colour. I never really have been able to even look at the colour of my phone for the last several years though - because it's always in a case.

This year I ordered the clear case as well - so Green iPhone is gonna be it

PickUrPoison

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2017
Sunnyvale, CA
No need to do that anymore...long gone are the days where stock runs out in minutes ....
True. Apple has gotten pretty good at anticipating demand, and they start building inventory in July and August. But it’s difficult to build enough inventory of every SKU to ensure there are no stock-outs in the first few days or weeks.

PickUrPoison

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2017
Sunnyvale, CA
I’d call it vomit green (as in the split pea soup that was projectile vomited in the Exorcist)
Really? Are you looking at it with a color-accurate display like an iPhone/iMac/iPad?

Because to me, it’s nowhere near a split pea soup color, it’s more of a blue green, closer to a forest green or deep green. It has quite a bit of blue as opposed to the yellow of split pea; it’s a rather muted (desaturated) metallic.

19callum93

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2012
Managed to get onto the online U.K. store at 1.02pm, reserved iPhone 11 Pro in Midnight Green 256GB, for collection on the 20th Sep. Down sizing from XS Max this year, I’m really looking forward to it! Found the Max too big.

anson42

Contributor
Mar 13, 2014
Oakland, CA
Congrats on the case. I was seriously hyped when Apple said they were going to release a clear case and almost bought one, however, I couldn't see myself paying that much for a nondescript case when I could get the exact same thing from another manufacturer like Spigen for half the price.

I hear you. For years I’ve been buying the el cheapie cases on Amazon and they’ve served me well. This time around I thought why not and gave it a go. I guess I’ll find out if its really worth the money (but probably not). One thing I noticed already that I’m not a fan of is the open bottom on the case. My current case at least has a bottom with holes cut out for speakers and charge port. This seems like lazy design.

Since my phone won’t arrive until Oct I may just order a case similar to what I use now and return the Apple one later.

I know, the cost of this case is such a small fraction of the overall phone cost, but man, if it doesn’t feel right, it just doesn’t!

Paul6s

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2015
Wow. Didn’t think they would slip that quick. Got my 256g mid green pro for launch day right at 8:02. Interesting to see how quick the other colors slip.
I know right! I was able to get in st 8:01 ( never happened to me before) for an in store pickup for next Friday for the 256g midnight green Pro Max. Can't wait!

Reactions: sulpfiction

borntrouble

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2010
Germany

So basically you made your whole life a transaction. Congratulations on it mate.

ZodiacBlue

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2019
Pittsburgh
Apple store is broke with new Apple card can not complete my order for a new iphone getting "
: Please enter fewer characters." Apple call center is backed up!!!!!!!"

Been trying for the last half hour to complete the order.
That sucks! I had the same problem, I just deleted my secondary phone number as that was what was holding my order up.
[doublepost=1568460183][/doublepost]
I know right! I was able to get in st 8:01 ( never happened to me before) for an in store pickup for next Friday for the 256g midnight green Pro Max. Can't wait!
Got my in-store pickup same phone, for 10:00!!! Super geeked!

Reactions: Paul6s

egodspeed

macrumors member
Dec 1, 2012
So basically you made your whole life a transaction. Congratulations on it mate.

What are you talking about? Do you have a car, a phone, or a watch? If so, then you’re in the same “transaction boat” according to your logic, right? You clearly skipped the part about me also being a combat veteran and a family man. That’s who I am at my core. Nothing “transaction” about that unless you think committing my life to my country and my family are transactions. If so, I guess you’re right. And I’m okay with that. Have a great day, mate!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.