Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

13astion

macrumors member
Dec 5, 2010
Overpriced. Not confident magsafe could handle bumpy roads. Plus slow charging while using GPS I question how useful this is.
I use a different MagSafe mount - and I drive in Mexico… I can attest that MagSafe can handle “bumpy” roads.

TheDailyApple

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2019
I also use the spigen mount, but the sticky version. I hate the idea of covering one of my vents.

You have to include the cost of a 20w car adapter as well
Only if your car doesn’t have one. Even then, adding the 30W one I got together with the MagSafe puck and spigen mount, the Belkin solution is still more expensive.

30682415-A3B2-499A-B827-35F7A96551A9.jpeg

Afg229

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2022
oc, ca
I also want to say that without proper cooling, especially in a car, it can get quite hot (direct sunlight, closed interior) and with full 15w charging speed, this is going to generate so much heat for the phone which will end up damaging The battery; lower life span, maybe even swelling.

and kudos belkin for making the cable fully attached to the damn hing, very apple thing to do
Well if it’s attached to a car vent mount and you have the air on that will serve as a cooling source for the phone

Cancelled
Jul 18, 2022
For one, it’s overpriced (car MagSafe vent). Two, it’s usb-c to cigarettes lighter style. So all it’s good for is charging. Unless you have something like an Alpine iLX (or compatible) head unit that can wirelessly play CarPlay with no quality loss, I’m assuming it would be regular Bluetooth music and phone calls.

Someone please correct me if I’m wrong. I’m not sure what/if any manufacturers have added usb-c port in their vehicles. And any adapter I’ve used in my Subaru has not worked for data (only Apple cables). So not sure if a usb-a with female usb-c adapter would work.

AppleTree01

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2022
Mous MagSafe car mount looks way better imo, works great, and is cheaper.

Also, an iPhones battery is amazing these days, ask yourself if you’re charging your phone everywhere you go, is it even wireless anymore???

$100… 😂

gadgetfreak98

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2009
Not strong enough. First bump and it's falling off.
I have a cheap (10.99) mount for the MagSafe puck. I drive a very rough riding old BMW. I use Pro Max phones. I have never had my phone fall off the mount. I use Apple silicon cases. That is my legit experience over two years.

I would caution about making assumptions if you haven’t tried it.

mikebenton

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2009
I also want to say that without proper cooling, especially in a car, it can get quite hot (direct sunlight, closed interior) and with full 15w charging speed, this is going to generate so much heat for the phone which will end up damaging The battery; lower life span, maybe even swelling.

and kudos belkin for making the cable fully attached to the damn hing, very apple thing to do
Probably a good thing it comes with a vent mount....so it can be right in the path of the air conditioning. 🤷‍♂️

I use Apple's MagSafe charger in a vent clip mount that I bought off of Amazon. I got the charger on sale for $25 and the mount cost me about $7. It's been a solid solution and my phone has never fallen. Also, I feel more comfortable with Apple's charger, as they have intelligence in their charger to consider certain conditions (I.e. temp) for charging.

To quote Apple's site:
"The system intelligently adapts to conditions in order to optimize charging your iPhone at up to 15W of peak power delivery for faster wireless charging. The actual power delivered to the iPhone will vary depending on the wattage of the power adapter and system conditions."

TinyMito

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2021
I got mine same function magnet mount with USB-C charging for $13 CAD. What the heck is wrong with Belkin. Such scam pricing.

USB-C 12V $10 CAD. Total $23 CAD setup.

Desmondhuz

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2010
Until they allow wired CarPlay to work with MagSafe charging I’ll stick to a cable to charge and a MagSafe mount. Works fine for me until they work that out.

kevinbeared

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2015
It’s nice until the phone starts to overheat from using GPS and charging at the same time..

I have a similar one and my 12PM overheats regularly when charging and gps, especially if it’s sunny outside.
I charged my iPhone 13 only wirelessly for one year, this ruined my battery, more than 20% health. Changed it and went back to wire. This is crap

• Haha
Reactions: Babygotfont
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.