Bluetooth Problems Mazda3 2010

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by Andreas_T, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Andreas_T, Dec 8, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2016

Andreas_T macrumors newbie

Hi everyone! I waited long enough to post this, but it is getting very annoying at this point.

I have Mazda 3 2010 car and I always connected my phone via Bluetooth to stream music, audio and calls. Never had any issues up until iPhone 7 Plus / iOS 10.

I gave it a good few months before getting to this point - being really frustrated that there is no fix yet.

Here is the problem:
    - When streaming audio using any app (Music / Pandora / SoundCloud / Spotify ), the audio stops for a few seconds and Mazda audio interface goes from 'Connected' to 'Searching'. Then the connection resumes after few seconds, sometimes longer and music continues to play where left off.

-Sometimes the music streaming does not stop, but instead seems to be speeding up in playback for few seconds (1.2X - 1.5X normal playback speed).

-It happens randomly. Sometimes the audio can stream for 30 minutes without any problems. Sometimes it disconnects every few minutes.

I cannot notice any pattern. Running background apps or not running. Removing phone profile from car and re-pairing does not help.

Searching forums, it seems like a lot of people are having similar type of issues. Is this hardware related or software?

Running iOS 10.1.1(14B100), AT&T, iPhone 7 Plus Jet Black 128GB

***Please, if you have the same problem with your Bluetooth, post your problem. We need this solved. Thanks.

***EDIT: Talked to Apple Support and opened a case about this. The support was amazing as always and I will be sending them as much of information about this as humanely possible!

2. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

I have a 2010 Mazda 3, with the iPhone 5s no issues like you're describing. My 7 Plus arrives on Tuesday, I'll keep an eye on this thread & update with results.

I've actually been considering replacing the stereo with a CarPlay aftermarket unit. I wear Made for iPhone hearing aids, and in the Mazda the only issue I have had, is phone calls (sent or received) seem to bounce back & forth between the Mazda system and my hearing aids. No such issue with the aftermarket Pioneer bluetooth in my truck.

3. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

I've had the 7 Plus about 5 days, have used it with the Mazda some but not extensively - running iOS 10.2. So far, no issues. But, I don't think I've used it for more than 30 minutes or so at a time. I just don't drive that much.

Did you see any difference/improvement on iOS 10.2?

4. ptesone macrumors newbie

Running iOS 11 (15A5318g)
    Sprint
    iPhone 7 Plus

Connected to:
    SONY Bluetooth speaker SRS-XB2
    Bluetooth drops out and stutters during music from any source.

Didn’t do that before latest update