Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr Fusion

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2007
Apples PR department must be going nuts right now
What PR department? The one that constantly insults its own customer base with laughable responses to design flaws and poorly tested software?

This will either be put to rest as:
- "Oops! You know what, we forgot to tell you guys... It's actually A NEW FEATURE!!!"
- "70% of the time, it works 100% of the time."

:cool:

doelcm82

macrumors 68040
Feb 11, 2012
Florida, USA
Bendgate deniers will probably claim this doesn't happen either.
My iPhone 6+ is not bent, so I'm a bendgazi skeptic. I'm waiting for owners of bent phones to start appearing in large numbers at Apple stores, instead of on social media before I give it much credence. Meanwhile, I'll continue to carry my phone in my front pocket as usual. I can't get mad about how bendable my phone is, when the phone doesn't want to bend.

This is different. I'll refrain from using Reset All Settings until I hear there is a solution.

nooaah

macrumors 68000
Sep 3, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
A lot of people should be updating their CVs at Apple. Maybe they should invest some of those billions in more software engineers and quality managers?

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
If it takes being in beta longer to catch more bugs like this, then do it Apple. I think Apple should also consider opening the beta up to the public like they did with Yosemite.

Either the time frames for releasing the new software is unreasonable, or there is a lack of oversight, or both.

There is no need to rush major software releases. Get it right (as best you can) the first time.

OzyOly

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2009
I've been caught out by this bug. Lost some important document too.
Apple are really going to loose the customer trust they clawed back from the MobileMe days.

AppleMad98004

macrumors 6502a
Aug 23, 2011
Cylde Hill, WA
Things like this happen when you go from a niche player in computers (the MAC) to the richest and largest electronics (no longer computer) company in the world.

You can't run it like one used to.

jmpage2

macrumors 68040
Sep 14, 2007
Apple, fast on their way to becoming another has-been tech company in the dustbin of history due to managing tech like managing the shipment of soybeans...

All under the brilliant leadership of Tim Cook.

milmom2005

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2014
Goog reason to backup often!

Thanks for the info. A good reason to backup often and to multiple locations...people are fallible. :)

RickInHouston

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2014
...and my personal favorite on this site...

It sucks because I LOST EVERYTHING in the cloud, but I love my phone.

KeepCalmPeople

macrumors 65816
Sep 5, 2012
Los Angeles, California
I have to say I am rapidly losing faith in Apple's ability to run a consumer cloud environment. I will not be using iCloud Photo Library, or entrusting my most important documents to iCloud Drive.

Apple has a lot to learn from Dropbox. How about document versioning to start off? And a Trash Folder? And under no circumstances allowing a user to delete all their data with one click, without the ability to revert/undo/restore?

autrefois

macrumors 65816
OMG, ResetGate!!! :O

Right after BendGate, WilliamsGate and CellGate!!! :eek::eek::mad:

Poor Steve Jobs. He would never have allowed this!!!

What the hell happened to waiting to release stuff because "Details matter"? I know Apple wasn't perfect under Jobs but it wasn't this bad. The company seems too lax.

Anyone remember the disaster that was the rollout of MobileMe?

"Can anyone tell me what MobileMe is supposed to do?" "So why the ******* doesn't it do that?" — Steve Jobs.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
I am extremely skeptical about Yosemite. It feels like 10 steps backwards in terms of OS X's user interface and overall refinement. I'm normally very excited about OS X updates, but this one has me cringing with some of their lame changes. It no longer "feels" like a Mac. I expect it will be refined over time, though. Just sad that some people at Apple seem to be clueless, or living on a different planet.

It does have a ways to go, in my opinion. With the iCloud integration, reports like this, especially before a big event next month do not help endear customers towards new products and software.

Nicksd84

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Yea. Sometimes iCloud is awesome and sometimes it sucks. Such as iTunes match and this issue described here. Some bugs I will give a pass on... Some like this I will not. Seriously Apple, step your game up.

camnchar

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2006
Well thanks Apple. "Reset All Settings" was the only way to get my phone to work with my car through bluetooth, and now I've lost all my iCloud documents.

OzyOly

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2009
ICloud Drive folder on Yosemite is not included in your Time Machine back up by the way. ;)
Well done Apple, you feckin idiots.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Apple really should leave cloud services to someone else. Do hardware and software not the other stuff.

Their race to out do Google seems to be backfiring on them.

Blue Fox

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2009
So one person has this issue, it's gets put on the front page and people start whining about it, has this even been confirmed yet by someone technical?

yaxomoxay

macrumors 604
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
What's going on with Apple lately?

Simple, they made the mistake of putting HW and SW under one hat. The result is that both lost focus, and their own philosophies.
Cooperation sometimes works better at a certain distance... just ask your relatives!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.