Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stuuke

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2004
There have been some serious issues downloading from Gameagent.com. The download pauses several times and then you get an error that you've attempted too many downloads. I would love to have a good gaming experience with Mac but Aspyr just doesn't seem capable of running a normal operation.

jeffy.dee-lux

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2003
montreal
Meh. No big deal there. Everyone that wanted to play it already did, and does on their 360 or with a PC. I don't think this is going to be a big seller... hehe

i haven't played it, I only just started looking into this game last week, so this is good timing for me.

what do you think i can expect on a 2.2 MBP with 2Gb of ram and the 128Mb 8600?

jchaney01

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2008
1.5 to 1.7

I'm a hard core gamer but also a hard core Mac user so I'm stuck between a rock and a PC. I've have the game on PC (via bootcamp) and Mac (for a few days now) and run the Mac version of the game server on an xServe (you can find it in the in-game browser named [CAg]aming)

Sucks that Aspyr released it at version 1.5 when most of the PC clients/serves out there are running the 1.7 patch so we only have a handful of people to play with.

Since I have several Mac friends that don't want to spend the money to buy Windoz and the PC version of the game when a patch is sure to come at some point, and I still want to be able to play with them, I would like to officially invite all you OS X people in the same boat who are waiting on the 1.7 patch to join us on probably the only OS X xServe running the Mac version of COD4 Server version 1.5 to play with us.

In the mean time, I hope everyone drops Aspyr a note about how they should work quickly on making the game a little more useful to customers.

Thanks!

fleshman03

macrumors 68000
May 27, 2008
Sioux City, IA
It's a little late for COD4 on my Mac. I've beaten the game on my 360 and am at a prestige 3 - rank 52 online. I'm going for the ten!

But it's nice to know I could play a year old game on my $2,500 computer. Now how about we work on creating games that will come out on Mac and PC? That would be something.

Adidas Addict

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2008
England
Great news but all a little too late. I am 10th (final) prestige and level 55 so not much point in buying it for my iMac. Would'nt mind a demo just to see how it runs though.

Is there one?

Ironduke

Suspended
Nov 12, 2006
England
I just bought it and I'm downloading it right now.

I'm one of those crazy types who waited. I don't play games via bootcamp, only OSX. It's good to wait for the OSX users to buy it and play online, less childish name calling and stuff like that.

lol:rolleyes:

tom5304

macrumors regular
May 7, 2005
Same here with the "too little, too late." I already play COD4 on the 360.

I'm running OS X 10.4.1, so I'd have to spend another $100 to upgrade to Leopard. If I went that far, I'd just spend another $100 and get Windows to run via Bootcamp and skip the whole Aspyr port mess with version that can't even play with most PC servers anyway.

Apple, you do so many things right, but when it comes to games you are one sucky company. Apple could have owned the game market with just a little effort. Instead, games are a wasteland on the Mac.

SirROM

macrumors member
May 1, 2006
See ya online...

I'm DLing it now. I've never played it before, but heard many great things about the game. Once it finishes DLing, I'll see you other MacHeads online for some serious fragging !

FWIW - I have a 2008 MacPro loaded with RAM and the 8800GT video card. I expect this thing to scream....

ernestc

macrumors newbie
Apr 16, 2006
Wellington, New Zealand
It's a little late for COD4 on my Mac. I've beaten the game on my 360 and am at a prestige 3 - rank 52 online. I'm going for the ten!

But it's nice to know I could play a year old game on my $2,500 computer. Now how about we work on creating games that will come out on Mac and PC? That would be something.

Heh, Have taken a couple accounts to Level 10 Prestige on xbox 360 and up until a couple weeks ago I played this game nightly. However, WTF is up with this release date. Aspyr have about 6 weeks to sell some copies before Call of Duty 5 comes out on every platform except Mac.

This is embarrassing for the mac community.

tom5304

macrumors regular
May 7, 2005
COD5 is returning to WWII, which for me is completely boring and uninteresting and pretty much a deal-breaker.

The beauty of COD4 is the modern warfare aspect. It really is the best video game I've ever played. Maybe too good, because it's actually addictive.

almarsguides

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2008
Wanna be prepared for the race to level 80 to get the server first achievements? http://www.AlmarsGuides.com has everything you need! Heres what the guide contains;

- I give you Step to Step what to do from the time you enter Northrend to the time you hit level 80.

- I also tell you EXACTLY what to do at what time. There will be no Alt tabbing to look at any site with my guide, everything you need to know is in the guide.

- If you're going to race to 80 then this is your best chance to be the first on your server!

- I Tell you exactly what quests to skip, and what ones to abandon to save you precious time and aggravation.

- I Give detailed maps and explanations on every quest from 70-80.

- My guide goes into great detail on what to do, its written exactly like a strategy guide you'd buy in a store. It's not just a wall of text being separated by numbers.

- This guide is 100% Legit and you will not be banned for using it.

- Every zone i take you through in this guide, i tell you how to maximize the time you spend in it while still getting you every single achievement!

- Do you plan to make a death knight? Well don't worry! I got you covered there as well! I give you the fastest way to level 55-58, the best talent specs and what abilities to use so you can jump right in and have a ton of fun with no hassle!

- My guide actually gives you OPTIONS if you get a ton of rested, ill tell you what to skip to maximize your leveling, if you don't get any rested i tell you what to do to stay with the curve!

- You'll level so fast everyone will think YOU were the one in beta!

http://www.AlmarsGuides.com

stuuke

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2004
I have a Comcast cable modem. Once I got it downloaded it wouldn't mount so now I'm really screwed. Gameagent says I have exceeded my maximum downloads even though I purchased the download insurance. Of course I've had no response from Gameagent or Aspyr. I guess I should just request a refund and go find it at a store.

kabunaru

Jan 28, 2008
I played Call of Duty on my friends Xbox 360 and I like it a lot. One of the best shooting games ever.

I am still deciding about getting a Mac version for myself though. Probably not since I play on my friend's Xbox 360 a lot.

stuuke

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2004
I know this is a long shot but would anyone be willing to share their link for the download? I can provide proof of purchase and have a serial number to use. I have no idea if Gameagent.com will respond to my service request.

pedroistheman

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2007
COD4 on Macs????

Wow, I already have the game for my 360 but I'm definitely gonna have to check this out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.