Can't Search for Apps

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Stacked, Oct 6, 2016.

1. Stacked macrumors regular

Hello everyone. I'm not sure if anyone else has had this issue but on my iPhone when i try and search for apps it keeps saying "The App Store is temporarily unavailable. Try again later"

It's been like this all day. I can still download apps if I go through featured or categories but I just can't search for anything.

2. Thor_1 macrumors 6502a

3. Stacked thread starter macrumors regular

Did a restart and reset and it's the same

4. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

For future referncem bookmark this page: https://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/

Also, force quit the app. Then open it again.

Then tap any of the bottom icons 10x to clear the app's cache.

5. Stacked thread starter macrumors regular

Did all that. Just emailed apple support and sent them a DM on twitter. I honestly don't know whats wrong; it's the same on my iPad.

6. lsutigerfan1976 macrumors 68000

That happened to me earlier. I didn't do anything special though. I just waited a bit, and it cleared up by itself.

7. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Probably server side then. It'll be cleared up before they answer your DM most likely.

8. C DM macrumors Westmere

Some people have been experiencing App Store issues over the past number of days: [Problem] The AppStore is temporarily unavailable

9. Stacked thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. Glad it's not just me. Couple people on twitter also posting about the issue. Fingers crossed it gets resolved soon.

10. Stacked thread starter macrumors regular

So I was on the call with Apple Support and right before my case was escalated further up the chain they asked me to do a complete restore and set up as new without using my backup.

It worked...