Can't touch it (na na na na) [iPhone 5s gets hot 9.3PB3]

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iScholtz, Feb 11, 2016.

1. iScholtz macrumors newbie

iScholtz

I need help.
    I have an iPhone (what a wonder) 5s, 32 gb, currently running on iOS 9.3 BP 3. While watching some YouTube videos I noticed that my phone heats up like crazy. Not just that, of course. The battery is getting lower and lower way to fast than it should be. While writting this it lost 3% in low power mode.
    What can I do?
    I have no jailbreaks and currently no other profiles installed than the iOS beta programm.
    I would be thankfull for any suggestions.
    (The problem appeard with 9.3 BP 3 I guess). Message my if you would need more info about my phone.

2. Freakonomics101 macrumors 6502a

Freakonomics101

Something heavy might be running in the background that's making your phone overheat. Have you tried any steps to fix it yet?

3. iScholtz thread starter macrumors newbie

iScholtz

Yes, I at least tried. I deinstalled some apps that might have caused it. Nothing. I think it may just be a random error that came up with ios 9.3 PB 3 but I am not sure. I checked everything on the phone I can work with.

4. Freakonomics101 macrumors 6502a

Freakonomics101

What I would first try is a hard reset. Hold down the home and power button at the same time until the Apple logo appears. If that doesn't work, try resetting all settings.

If that doesn't work, I would try restoring to factory settings. Since you're on beta, you'd have to back up everything, restore to 9.2.1 and then upgrade to 9.3 beta 3. To do this, you have to restore via DFU mode on iTunes.

5. Freakonomics101 macrumors 6502a

Freakonomics101

6. iScholtz thread starter macrumors newbie

iScholtz

The only thing I didn't tried yet is to restore to an older iOS. I'm probably trying this today. Thanks.

7. iScholtz thread starter macrumors newbie

iScholtz

I just reinstalled YouTube to fix the YouTube-overheat problem, but the general battery problem stays. I hope it's getting fixed with the full version of iOS 9.3.

8. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

9. iScholtz thread starter macrumors newbie

iScholtz

Why should I? I can live with these problems as long I know they're getting fixed. And I really don't want to stop using the beta, I like its new features. :)

10. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

In order to see if the beta is causing the problem? o_O

11. iScholtz thread starter macrumors newbie

iScholtz

If it is, I'll know soon when the full version of 9.3 is out.

12. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

So will all of us!