Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

D3ggy

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2019
Hi D3ggy, yes all the steering wheel controls and Siri works. I also tried Waze, Google Maps and Spoitify, they all worked fine. I have just done the OTA update for the 2021.02.02 firmware and it seems to be fine as well :) The 2021.01.28 was a little buggy for me where sometimes it doesn't show my paired phones at start up, like my phones are not showing up on the "auto connect" screen. I have to unplug and replug to get it working again. Hopefully the 02.02 firmware will be better.

I took a gamble before your reply and installed 30.01 and it works. Think I may stick with this one. For a while, it seems to connect fast and works.

josejrp

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2008
So this was interesting... I checked for the OTA update while running 2021.01.28, and I *think* the web page briefly showed me the 2021.02.02 update, and then it changed to the standard "It is the latest version" message showing 2021.01.28.1446. I did check the MD5 hashes for the 2021.02.02 and 2021.01.28 images given in this forum, and they are different files. I guess I'll stick with 2021.01.28 since it is working great for me now, but I am curious why it's not showing me the 2021.02.02 firmware OTA.?‍♂️

demichve

macrumors member
Feb 21, 2020
So this was interesting... I checked for the OTA update while running 2021.01.28, and I *think* the web page briefly showed me the 2021.02.02 update, and then it changed to the standard "It is the latest version" message showing 2021.01.28.1446. I did check the MD5 hashes for the 2021.02.02 and 2021.01.28 images given in this forum, and they are different files. I guess I'll stick with 2021.01.28 since it is working great for me now, but I am curious why it's not showing me the 2021.02.02 firmware OTA.?‍♂️
It seems, that OTA 2021.02.02 has been withdrawed by Carlinkit

WPoly

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2019
Vienna, Austria
I checked for the OTA update while running 2021.01.28, and I *think* the web page briefly showed me the 2021.02.02 update, and then it changed to the standard "It is the latest version" message showing 2021.01.28.1446.
For me, the update was also only visible for a short time. After the installation "Auto Box" was displayed as Buetooth name. The update 2021.02.02.2110 has worked, but I switched back to version 01.28.

Last edited:

SuperMegaDrive

macrumors member
Jul 5, 2020
San Jose, CA
Hi, yes -- I have it. It's very good and the guy I've communicated with is very receptive. He has already fixed a few things and promises me that he'll fix the others (big one being cluster and other screens in vehicle currently don't display metadata). It's faster (at least for my vehicle) than all the others Carlinkit, CPlay2, etc. The only thing that keeps me from using it full time is the lack of metadata on the other screens in my vehicle -- once that update happens, I'm moving to it full time.
That's good to know. Which car are you using? What's the process like for switching between phones (my Wife and I share the car). How long does it take to connect once the car is turned on?

Sorry for all the questions - I'm quite tempted to give it a try!

ByteCrawler

macrumors newbie
Dec 27, 2020
To keep up with my Acura saga, I tried the OTA 2021.02.02.2110 update just now to test with. I got the OTA update and ran it. The device rebooted exceptionally quick compared to previous OTA updates. When I went to manually connect to its WiFi to verify its still showing 2021.01.08.1658 and the Check for Updates button isn't doing anything.

Anyone else experience anything similar to this?

EDIT: I even tried the rollback to 2020.11 and then an upgrade from there. It brought me back to 2021.01.08 with nothing else available.

Last edited:

anthover

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2010
1-8 in my Palisade Sel every other launch app is not responsive to touch. Wont roll back may have to grab one of our saved files.

rocolema

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2011
Every time I try to USB update using one of Ludwig's update files, it never starts the update process (the blue/red blinking pattern never starts). Every time I USB update using the official update files, it always works (assuming the version is greater than the version I already have).

I would like to try Ludwig's files. What am I doing wrong.

chollomaton

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2021
Every time I try to USB update using one of Ludwig's update files, it never starts the update process (the blue/red blinking pattern never starts). Every time I USB update using the official update files, it always works (assuming the version is greater than the version I already have).

I would like to try Ludwig's files. What am I doing wrong.
You must rename file to U2W_Update
Did it?

rocolema

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2011

ByteCrawler

macrumors newbie
Dec 27, 2020
I believe I don't have to rename them as they are already named U2W_Update.img on Ludwig's download site. And I am using a windows machine to download them.
Try plugging in the USB stick after the device has already booted. I remember having a similar problem to this and that was my fix. If the LEDs start alternating blinking its doing the update. Wait until it goes steady before removing the power.

Reactions: darkkknighttt930

Lucianarocha

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2021
This is the exactly same problem I had with my Volvo. I reset and set it up and it works perfectly at the start then the next day it just won't reconnect. I had then flashed the 20210130 firmware and it fixed this issue, maybe you can give it a try too.
I tried that firmware but it did not work.

jaburgeson

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2011
Someone has tried this firmware in Ford with sync 3.4? (I need to know if Siri crash it)

Thanks!
Still crashes....hoping one day this will be fixed. This latest firmware boots very fast, and I love the fact that you can disable the automatic loading feature so I can select which phone to pair too...but sadly, have to go back to the August firmware since I rely on Siri quite a bit.

chollomaton

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2021
Still crashes....hoping one day this will be fixed. This latest firmware boots very fast, and I love the fact that you can disable the automatic loading feature so I can select which phone to pair too...but sadly, have to go back to the August firmware since I rely on Siri quite a bit.
Thanks!

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
UK
Had this on OTA today. 2021-02-02 but says file size of 0.55Mb?

3af40fa3aa2b45a0be044a8e1f6adb32.jpg

richan

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2021
Sorry if my questions have already been answered dozens of times in this thread, but ... well, it's over 200 pages long and I may have missed a post or two ;-) I purchased a Carlinkit 2.0-Dongle for my Toyota Yaris 2020 (Denso multimedia system) yesterday.

1.) What is the naming convention behind the firmware versions? So far, my best guess would be "U2W_Update_YYYY.MM.DD.HHMM.img".
2.) From reading all those posts, it seems like both the Carlinkit- and the Car2Play-Dongles share the same firmwares? What exactly is "U2W"? Are those dongles essentially the same hardware, repackaged in another case?
3.) The first thing I did after connecting to the dongle was to upgrade the firmware. Unfortunately, I did not write down what firmware it originally shipped with, but I am now on version "2021.01.08.1658" via OTA-upgrade. It now says I'm on the latest version. That is of course not really true, with "2021.02.02.2110" being a lot newer. Why isn't it showing up? Is it that they have to manually "approve" builds to be found via OTA-upgrade? If so, is it generelly safer to stick to those instead of manually flashing firmwares harvested through some scripts from their servers?

Thanks!

scottuf

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2009
NPB, FL
I believe I don't have to rename them as they are already named U2W_Update.img on Ludwig's download site. And I am using a windows machine to download them.

See if this helps:
I was having the same problem trying to install the custom firmware. Not really knowing how to use github, I was right clicking on the U2W_Update.img link and saving as... You have to click that link then on the next page that opens there will be a download button. Maybe that's not your issue, but it's worth a try.

Renato Almeida

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2020
How do I actually reset my cplay2air? I navigate to 192.160.50.2 and clicked on reset option. After restart it did not change options on the configurantion page. I believe that the phone configurations did not reseted also.

Einz

macrumors 6502
Feb 14, 2008
I have the same issue. New version, it said installed successfully, but nothing instated. it still has old firmware, not 2021.02.02

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.