Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VLud

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2020

Rollback official images for those blocked with WiFi error

Last edited:

mitchell2345

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2021
is this suppose to fix the 3.06 wifi bt error? i just tried to flash and you maybe the man...i finally got a flashing red & blue light. ill report back in a couple of hours when i get in front of the car. this looks promising though!

Last edited:

VLud

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2020
It is official rollback images used by 192.168.50.2

You didn't search the download link very well. (Don't forget to rename to U2W_Update.img or U2W_AUTOKIT_Update.img)

radioboy77

macrumors member
Mar 10, 2021
Mine is 20351 - with adaptor on custom fw 2021.03.07

View attachment 1751770
I don’t think that ones been released for the NA market yet. Been following another forum on updates for Sync. Strangely, even though 20282 was delivered to me via the Ford website just weeks ago, it’s suddenly no longer available. You’d think Ford would notify those who updated if there were any issues. No wonder Carlinkit can’t keep everything working! Ford has a lot to do with it I think LOL. Guess I’ll stay on 20136 until I hear otherwise!

mitchell2345

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2021

Your a genius! I can confirm this fixed the issue. Thank you so much. Any recommendations you would have to make this thing more stable i am all ears. So much for cplay2air....they cant even support their own product. they wanted me to pay $40 for return China shipping.

DamEngineer

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2013
It is official rollback images used by 192.168.50.2

You didn't search the download link very well. (Don't forget to rename to U2W_Update.img or U2W_AUTOKIT_Update.img)
OMG, I finally got the red and blue light blinking, never seen that before, then it went black to a solid red light, gonna give it 3 minutes to see if I get a solid red and blue. Will report back in a bit.

DamEngineer

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2013
Still no go, it's only flashing between blue and red for like 5-10 times and then goes solid red. Only does that on U2W_Update, does nothing with AUTOKIT in there.

DamEngineer

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2013
K red/blue light alternate blinks 10 times and then the blue does a very quick blink on the 11th time and goes solid red. Still doing the same error with the same number at the bottom. This is the only firmware that actually shows blinking, check the last newest update and does not do any blinking.

TireGuy6

Suspended
Nov 8, 2017
I googled, and created the .tar.gz with the command "tar -C ~/U2W/2021.03.28.1345/U2W_Update -cvzf U2W_Update.tar.gz ./" run from ~/U2W, which seemed to include "/./" and then ran "php -f U2W_crypt.php U2W_Update.tar.gz" to create the .img file.

Sadly the resulting file still does not update my (spare) adapter that is running 2021.03.06.1343. I am at the limits of my knowledge here. I may try to PM @VLud who so far seems to be the only person who has repackaged the image.

PS: there is always the possibility that the packaging is working but that there is more to it than just changing the contents of /etc/software_version

EDIT: credit to @VLud for the PHP scripts.
There is a script in there that checks when a USB is connected and what to do if a update file is found

TireGuy6

Suspended
Nov 8, 2017

@VLud i saw you posted the theme on your GitHub - thanks. I haven’t had time to do the pull request.

Other people - I haven’t had time to look into other languages either.

jbn858273

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2018
Germany
@jbn858273 : You misunderstand the issue with the last version .. as I already told earlier the problem is that they changed the binary un-obfuscating the firmware so the script is completely ignoring old images. Changing the version number is useless because it is not even checked, and packing a custom image using old obfuscation method obviously won't work.
Thanks! As I said, getting out of my depth here. I have not messed around with this kind of thing in over 15 years :rolleyes:

Kevbert

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2021
Germany
Thank you so much! I was able to rollback. After that I did an update to 02/02/2021 and over 192… to 06/03/. It’s back alive! o_O

Is there now any option to get on CFW with the new skin? I only could update without „AUTOKIT“, as the file won’t be accepted. But the device had the new GUI already

Reactions: jbn858273

Kevbert

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2021
Germany
Im on 06.03 cfw now. But don’t know if I have red or blue GUI as I’m colorblind ??‍♂️

Attachments

• B68C7C4C-50BB-429B-8CB8-53F1D362F242.jpeg
    B68C7C4C-50BB-429B-8CB8-53F1D362F242.jpeg
    314.9 KB · Views: 154

keven.schoen

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2020
seems blue :D

---

I am on some cfw but dont know which and device does not seem to update.
is it possible to downgrade to an cfw and then to update? :(

// edit: did a rollback to U2W_Update_2020.08.04.1602_ROLLBACK and tried than 2020.10.28_BASED.
not working, not blinking, stays solid red ... same at 2020.11.10_BASED. :(
edit2: 2020.08.04_BASED also not flashing...

how can i get on cfw? :'(

Last edited:
Reactions: Kevbert

kzoojason76

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
I'm having the same issue. If I plug into car, I get the error "Hardware Error: WiFi". I bring the device inside and plug it into a wall charger. Light goes solid red immediately. I then plug in my USB Key with U2W_Update.img. I see my USB flashing slowly, but I never see the red light go to an alternating Green/Red.

M.Mowner

macrumors member
Jan 13, 2021
K red/blue light alternate blinks 10 times and then the blue does a very quick blink on the 11th time and goes solid red. Still doing the same error with the same number at the bottom. This is the only firmware that actually shows blinking, check the last newest update and does not do any blinking.
I am just sharing my observation from my own downgrade process. Blinking 10-11 times is NOT a completed/successful upgrade/downgrade. You probably need to use a different file or filename.
VLud provided two downgrade files on the post #6077

Last edited:

Gribbin

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2013
Your a genius! I can confirm this fixed the issue. Thank you so much. Any recommendations you would have to make this thing more stable i am all ears. So much for cplay2air....they cant even support their own product. they wanted me to pay $40 for return China shipping.
ok I have a CPLAY2Air and the Hardware Error on 030621 fw. Im using the U2W_Update_2020.11.10.2138_ROLLBACK.img from ludwig link in your posted and renaming it to U2W_Update.img

I'm following these steps and not getting anything other than a solid red light. (I cant get past step 4 because red light never flashes)
  1. Please save update firmware file on USB flash drive (Flash drive format must be FAT32)
    NOTE: In case the file has no extension, kindly put it in this .img
  2. Plug the flash drive into the CPLAY2air adapter.
  3. Plug CPLAY2air to the USB power charger/wall charger for your iPhone. Please don’t use the USB port of the car or computer!!
  4. Please wait 2-3 minutes, until the the flashing light becomes solid
  5. Please unplug the adapter from the USB charger and remove the USB flash drive from the adapter.
  6. Please now plug the product into the USB port of the car.
  7. Please wait until the new window will appear on the vehicle's screen.
  8. Connect your phone to the Bluetooth network which is shown on the screen.
  9. Wait for the new interface to appear on the screen.
What am i doing wrong?

UPDATE: I PLUGGED IT INTO MY TAHOE AND IT STARTED UP LIKE NORMAL. NOT SURE WHY I DIDNT GET THE FLASHING LIGHT PATTERN PER THE CPLAY2AIR DIRECTIONS, BUT THE STEPS ABOVE RESOLVED THE ISSUE. BIG THANKS FOR ALL WHO CONTRIBUTED TO THIS POST.

Last edited:

kzoojason76

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
I'm having the same issue. When I plug in my USB key,, I never get the lights flashing from red to green

keven.schoen

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2020
So, i got a little further...
Installed U2W_Update_2020.08.04.1602_ROLLBACK and than updated to 2020.11.2137 OTA.
From this I updated to newest 2021.03.06 OTA.

Is working!

But I want CFW... and when I use this U2W_Update.img nothing happens, when I plug it in the usb dongle :S

DamEngineer

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2013
I am just sharing my observation from my own downgrading process. Blinking 10-11 times is not a complete upgrade/downgrade. You probably need to use a different file or filename.
VLud provided two downgrade files on the post #6077

I missed there was two files, second file is going longer, looking promising.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.