Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

i hate phones

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2010
Philly Suburbs, PA
Any chance of adding more customization to the Infograph modular center slot? Like to change the full day graph to something else? For example I'd love something that shows me current temp, snark, the hi/lo and precip chance.

MakerOfCARROT

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 7, 2015
Any chance of adding more customization to the Infograph modular center slot? Like to change the full day graph to something else? For example I'd love something that shows me current temp, snark, the hi/lo and precip chance.

I'm hoping to add more customization options in the future!

Reactions: i hate phones

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
I started a thread asking about this, but think I’ll put it here since I’ve had no responses.

Is the weather app supposed to speak the information to me from the watch? It does it from the phone app, but not from the watch.

If it is, what do I need to do to make that happen?

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
Tap the Carrot complication on the Watch, then Force Touch the open Carrot app and that should open the app options. Tap Settings and select Speech and/or Haptics.

Okay I got speech to work, but I’m so frustrated because the complication doesn’t show in my list when I’m adding complications to my watch face. I had it before, but since I’ve changed phones and paired my watch with my new phone, I cannot get the complication to come up. If I just hit “complications” I see it, but when I’m trying to put them on a watch face, it’s not in the list.

HELP!

MakerOfCARROT

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 7, 2015
Okay I got speech to work, but I’m so frustrated because the complication doesn’t show in my list when I’m adding complications to my watch face. I had it before, but since I’ve changed phones and paired my watch with my new phone, I cannot get the complication to come up. If I just hit “complications” I see it, but when I’m trying to put them on a watch face, it’s not in the list.

HELP!

Yep, just an annoying, common bug with the Apple Watch and newly-installed apps. Restarting or uninstalling/reinstalling usually fixes it.

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
Yep, just an annoying, common bug with the Apple Watch and newly-installed apps. Restarting or uninstalling/reinstalling usually fixes it.

Uninstalling the app? From watch, phone, or both?

Or unpairing the phone? Because I surely hate the thought of having to do that AGAIN. :(

testcard

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2009
Northumbria, UK
Calm down...take a deep breath...and...;)

Uninstall app from Watch, and then app from iPhone, and then reinstall on iPhone and then on Watch.

If that doesn’t work, try unpairing and then re-pairing. Only takes an hour or so.

FishyFish

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2015
West Coast
Are we any closer to having an ability to show two different circle complications on the Infograph watch face, like a Temp+Hi/Lo and a Precipitation one?

I would pay $$ for you to just upload a CARROT Second Complication app to the App Store that did nothing other than add the ability to have a second complication on my Infograph watch face!

MakerOfCARROT

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 7, 2015
Are we any closer to having an ability to show two different circle complications on the Infograph watch face, like a Temp+Hi/Lo and a Precipitation one?

I would pay $$ for you to just upload a CARROT Second Complication app to the App Store that did nothing other than add the ability to have a second complication on my Infograph watch face!

This is available in the beta now, send a support ticket by tapping the feedback button at the bottom of the settings screen.

GIZBUG

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2006
Chicago, IL
WHAT needs to be done to get current weather / updates on the watch? App version is 4.8.4
I landed in Houston (from Chicago) over an hour ago. Turned my phone on, took my watch off airplane. It is showing 40F for a temp, which is wrong. It says Houston, but must have Chicago temps. I have to force a location update on the watch to get the accurate temperature. Paying for your premium membership, weather underground for the source. Shouldn't your app/complication be updating more regularly? An hour here in TX and still reflecting old weather doesn't seem right at all.......

Reactions: tomtattoo

MakerOfCARROT

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 7, 2015
WHAT needs to be done to get current weather / updates on the watch? App version is 4.8.4
I landed in Houston (from Chicago) over an hour ago. Turned my phone on, took my watch off airplane. It is showing 40F for a temp, which is wrong. It says Houston, but must have Chicago temps. I have to force a location update on the watch to get the accurate temperature. Paying for your premium membership, weather underground for the source. Shouldn't your app/complication be updating more regularly? An hour here in TX and still reflecting old weather doesn't seem right at all.......

The background location updates never seem to register a new location after being taken off airplane mode. A bug has been filed with Apple's bug tracking service. I could have the watch check for a new location every time it does a data update, but I'm concerned about that causing battery drain on the watch.

GIZBUG

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2006
Chicago, IL
The background location updates never seem to register a new location after being taken off airplane mode. A bug has been filed with Apple's bug tracking service. I could have the watch check for a new location every time it does a data update, but I'm concerned about that causing battery drain on the watch.

So people who put their watch is airplane mode (airline pilot), are SOL?

MakerOfCARROT

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 7, 2015
So people who put their watch is airplane mode (airline pilot), are SOL?

No, it works fine for most people who use airplane mode (otherwise I'd have a lot more complaints) and does eventually update for those who it doesn't work for. I just have to find a solution for the few cases where it doesn't update immediately that wouldn't adversely affect battery life for everyone else.

And you're not exactly SOL since I literally put in that function that forces a location refresh just for you :p

Reactions: AZhappyjack

GIZBUG

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2006
Chicago, IL
No, it works fine for most people who use airplane mode (otherwise I'd have a lot more complaints) and does eventually update for those who it doesn't work for. I just have to find a solution for the few cases where it doesn't update immediately that wouldn't adversely affect battery life for everyone else.

And you're not exactly SOL since I literally put in that function that forces a location refresh just for you :p

Thanks
Hopefully the function improves over the next versions as again, lately it doesn’t update; I have to force a location refresh....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.