Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

reyalP

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2012
Anyone got pics with the lucid clear on a SG that they could post? Would like to see how it looks before i shell out the money.

rperalta

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2007
Hercules, CA
Anyone got pics with the lucid clear on a SG that they could post? Would like to see how it looks before i shell out the money.
Here you go!

Attachments

• E8682C23-C2DF-44B6-B8F4-93DA7C0367D9.jpeg
    E8682C23-C2DF-44B6-B8F4-93DA7C0367D9.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 1,123
  • 48516B0E-B6FE-4540-8327-A0CEFBDE6A11.jpeg
    48516B0E-B6FE-4540-8327-A0CEFBDE6A11.jpeg
    914.4 KB · Views: 1,076
  • 16F5F1C6-DC60-4B8C-AFF4-7D3FC85AA2E9.jpeg
    16F5F1C6-DC60-4B8C-AFF4-7D3FC85AA2E9.jpeg
    1,024 KB · Views: 1,162
  • 63D83F88-C8FA-42BF-B02A-94870B7D0C6A.jpeg
    63D83F88-C8FA-42BF-B02A-94870B7D0C6A.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,120
  • FF26BE5B-1ABE-4F1E-AD94-877EB52BAD8B.jpeg
    FF26BE5B-1ABE-4F1E-AD94-877EB52BAD8B.jpeg
    916.7 KB · Views: 1,069
  • E61FC539-F2D1-4D18-9EA6-1D1341696A78.jpeg
    E61FC539-F2D1-4D18-9EA6-1D1341696A78.jpeg
    933.4 KB · Views: 1,039

Unprocessed1

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 23, 2008
For those with a space gray X/Xs: how does the lucid clear hide fingerprints? The naked space gray is obviously a fingerprint magnet, was hoping the case would keep it looking relatively clean.

abriolitto50

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2018
Bought my wife a similar one if not same from Torrent amazon and hers had held up pretty well TurboTax since the iPhone X release til now. Gogoanime No discoloring from a quick glance. However no matter who you get it from they will turn yellowish hue due to UV exposure after a period of time.

Last edited:

NewYorkRanger

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2010
Ordered the new lucid clear for my XS Max. Should have it in a few days. I had no problems with my Lucid Clear on my X other than the horrible branding on the side. Great case, held up well, easy to take on and put on.

n20nine

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2008
decided to take the plunge and buy the lucid clear for my XS. Have been using the Sheath on my 7 Plus and X previously. Very happy, hopefully the lucid clear keeps me happy too.

NewYorkRanger

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2010
Got my Lucid Clear XS Max case. Disappointing.

The first thing you notice it the the bottom does NOT match the XS Max in terms of it having less holes - it is exactly like the X version. Not a functionality issue but just poor attention to detail.

The case is also incredibly tight. That wasn’t the case with my X case, it was easy to put on and take off.

I repeat my feedback from last year - The logo on the side is hideous. I hate that garbage, you have my money, don’t advertise.

Finally, the back suffers from oil slick/rainbowing which makes it look very bad from the back.

Overall, dissatisfied compared to the X version I bought last year which was incredible.

Winryito

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2015

The first thing you notice it the the bottom does NOT match the XS Max in terms of it having less holes - it is exactly like the X version. Not a functionality issue but just poor attention to detail.

The case is also incredibly tight. That wasn’t the case with my X case, it was easy to put on and take off.

I repeat my feedback from last year - The logo on the side is hideous. I hate that garbage, you have my money, don’t advertise.

Finally, the back suffers from oil slick/rainbowing which makes it look very bad from the back.

Overall, dissatisfied compared to the X version I bought last year which was incredible.

It was incredibly tight on my iPhone xs max too. I almost chipped a nail trying to take it off from the corners. I am also disappointed with them, I did love the look on my iPhone X but maybe xs is just too big.

gelie

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2010

Ugh. mine is suppose to come today. Was really hoping i'd like the Lucid Clear better than my Spigen Liquid Crystal. Which I like. I find the lip a bit too big.

gelie

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2010
Ok got mine/ Over pretty happy. Its very sleek and yes a bit slippery. Extremely tight and difficult to take off. Yes i see the 3 extra holes on the left speaker(not a deal breaker) and yes small Caudabe name on the side(also not a deal breaker) I am nor seeing any of the "rainbow effect on my Silver Xs Max.

Fattytail

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2012
Ok got mine/ Over pretty happy. Its very sleek and yes a bit slippery. Extremely tight and difficult to take off. Yes i see the 3 extra holes on the left speaker(not a deal breaker) and yes small Caudabe name on the side(also not a deal breaker) I am nor seeing any of the "rainbow effect on my Silver Xs Max.

Yeah, I got mine too and am VERY happy with it. So happy that I might have to switch from the Sheath which was previously my daily driver. Such a beautiful case and I like the fit better on this than on the X. I always felt like the one for the X was slightly too loose. This one feels more secure. I think to take it off you just have to use those two little slits at the bottom. Once you get the hang of it, it's not that tough to take off.

I emailed Caudabe about the 3 extra holes. They got back to me saying they're already revising their molds. They offered to send one to me a new one free of charge once it's ready so you guys might want to get back to them and ask too. Nice move on their part. I was never really bothered by the 3 extra holes, doesn't really detract from anything, but nice to know that they'll be sending a new one. Either way, I'm happy with the current one. Also noticed that the space around the camera has been tightened up compared to last year's version which is also nice.

n20nine

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2008
No news on mine yet. Though it was meant to ship mid this month. Ordered the clear but thinking if I should switch to the gold to match my gold coloured phone. Thoughts?

Fattytail

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2012
No news on mine yet. Though it was meant to ship mid this month. Ordered the clear but thinking if I should switch to the gold to match my gold coloured phone. Thoughts?

I don't have the gold, but I'd go with the clear if I had the gold. That's just me though.

IdentityCrisis

Suspended
Sep 9, 2018
I have mine, and won't use it. Had it on the phone and that thing was slick!!!! I was afraid I'd drop it more than the phone being naked. Totallee case I have on it now feels better for the time being till I find something else.

NewYorkRanger

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2010
I have mine, and won't use it. Had it on the phone and that thing was slick!!!! I was afraid I'd drop it more than the phone being naked. Totallee case I have on it now feels better for the time being till I find something else.
Sadly, in the same boat. I gave up on it, using my Ringke backup case I bought at launch to use until I got the Caudabe.

Reactions: IdentityCrisis

n20nine

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2008
Yes. They should have the new case in next week, Will replace for older cases.
Thanks, they have not shipped mine yet. I have asked for exchange from the clear to gold metallic and asked them if it will be a new batch and pointed to this thread. Awaiting reply from them.

CoriG

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2011
Thanks, they have not shipped mine yet. I have asked for exchange from the clear to gold metallic and asked them if it will be a new batch and pointed to this thread. Awaiting reply from them.
They told me it would be a few weeks and to reach back out and they will send out a replacement.

Harmonious Zen

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2013
I just posted this on another thread, but I don't understand when some people say this case is slippery. I've now had it for a week and I love it. It feels fantastic in the hand and doesn't seem to pick up as many fingerprints as the one I had for my X. It also feels much more solid for some reason compared to last year, like they made it out of sturdier materials? Really happy with this. Great case.

Reactions: CoriG

predation

macrumors 65816
Apr 3, 2013
Caudate makes good cases. Only reason I’m not getting the lucid clear is because the Buttons are exposed.

Ill probably get the Totallee. Just waiting for them to send me a higher % coupon code. Lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.