Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

samthegap

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2008
Those prices are fair and are only marginally more expensive than I paid for my original iPhone on a 18 month contract. Not bad for anyone wanting to buy one to unlock.

Yeah but will you be able to unlock out of the box once it is 'activated'??

Masterle

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2008
Hello I have a little question.
On a PAG Tarif you must charge every month money on the account ?

Project

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2005
The six months' free data offer is the clever bit, since that reduces the incentive for the phone to be unlocked (that is if it can be unlocked) for at least six months - you would lose your free 3G data allowance as a minimum if you used it on another network.

Also it makes the £299 price tag seem more reasonable as well, especially for very occasional phone users like myself :)

It is very clever.

O2 have definitely done their homework with this.

redgaz26

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2007
Glasgow
in my humble opinion this all sounds a bit of a hassle £299 at least for the phone and then working out how much to put in every month.
better off with the £35 a month contract, phone for £99 and bob's your uncle:D

Red-red

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2007
What happens if your a existing iphone customer, Your getting the new iphone and giving your old one to somebody else?

I'm guessing you won't get the free 6 months data?

BongoBanger

macrumors 68000
Feb 5, 2008
O2's damn website wasn't displaying that as it hadn't refreshed ;).

It's still not showing any prices for me, just:

iPhone is coming soon for Pay & Go

Customers will soon be able to enjoy all the great features of iPhone without a monthly contract with the iPhone for Pay & Go.

Just register your interest opposite and we'll drop you a line in early July to tell you what you need to do to be one of the first to get your hands on the new 3G iPhone.

More information on the new iPhone will be available shortly so come back in a few days or visit http://www.apple.com

Also, if I get another phone on an O2 contract can I just pop the sim out and use it in the PAYG iPhone?

nwlondonlad

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2007
UK London
Yeah they have been on the macrumours forum and have read how people were happy with the pay and go prices and will now bump up the prices further:eek:

BruceEBonus

macrumors 65816
Sep 23, 2007
Derbyshire, England
No - it wasnt a dream .. go here for evidence folks ....

http://www.digmo.co.uk/mobile/iphone-payg-pricing-announced/

If they faff about and renege on this deal then what hope for O2's integrity in the future?

I know their Customer Service used to be THE worst when I had my XDA Exec ... a few years back - I was going to get the 3G iPhone and come off T-Mobile ...but now .. not so sure ... at least TMobile have excellent back up service ... anyone had recent of O2 and whether theyve improved after sales on the phone-help side over past two years?

I know it couldnt have got any worse at least!

Willis

macrumors 68020
Apr 23, 2006
Beds, UK
Yep, so if I get the O2 home 100 bolt on, for £9.99 pcm & top up 1p I would get 100mins any time plus 300 txts anytime (cos iam over £10pcm). Then after 6 months I would pay the extra £10pcm for the data.

SO for £479 over 12months I would get a 16GB with 100mins, 300txts pcm & unlimited data? Not bad. :D

Not quite.

For PAYG, you can only use the iPhone bundle. You cant buy the iPhone on it's own and use your own 02 PAYG sim, it has to be the one supplied with the iPhone and on the iPhone tariff.

Also, minimum top up is usually £5/10 so you cant top up '1p' as you suggest. Either way, that wouldn't work regardless.

As a side note, 02's Website is no longer displaying the prices for the PAYG iPhone or the tariffs on the contract.

Dun dun dun!

MillieWales

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2003
UK
... anyone had recent of O2 and whether theyve improved after sales on the phone-help side over past two years?

I know it couldnt have got any worse at least!

I have been an O2 customer for years and have experienced them at their worst! I currently have 3 accounts with them, and a dozen business accounts (business is handled by a separate unit and you get treated like God!) and in my opinion their service is now great. I have also in the last few years had Vodafone accounts, Orange accounts and I have one account with 3, O2 is by far the best service. The iPhone has its own team offering support and they are all very eager and friendly. It might go downhill as the iPhone gains in popularity though, of course!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.