Delivery Dates 4/24-5/8

Cuyler

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2009
Chicago
I have no problem with it; I have patience. Just seems misleading to me. IMO they should just change the website to indicated that it's available to pre-order now and forget the April 24th date at this point. Oh well I'm splitting hairs here :rolleyes:
You're splitting hairs, but you're right. If the retail stores don't have them in stock on the 24th, then they're not really available. They should say deliveries start on April 24.

Also, since the stores won't have watches in stock for a while, it's not really correct to say the 24th is the first weekend of sales. Sales started on the 10th (even if they are called "pre-orders") and the stores have them on display — so in reality isn't this the opening weekend?

Drew888

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
You're splitting hairs, but you're right. If the retail stores don't have them in stock on the 24th, then they're not really available. They should say deliveries start on April 24.

Also, since the stores won't have watches in stock for a while, it's not really correct to say the 24th is the first weekend of sales. Sales started on the 10th (even if they are called "pre-orders") and the stores have them on display — so in reality isn't this the opening weekend?
Available April 24th is completely correct, grammatically. They said nothing incorrect. There have been statements released clearly stating this launch is going to be completely online for a while....

Where does it say 24th is the first weekend of sales? 24th is a day, not a weekend. You got things all mixed up...

badazz33

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2012
Biloxi, Mississippi
Available April 24th is completely correct, grammatically. They said nothing incorrect. There have been statements released clearly stating this launch is going to be completely online for a while....

Where does it say 24th is the first weekend of sales? 24th is a day, not a weekend. You got things all mixed up...
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Cuyler

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2009
Chicago

Well, you're right. The 24th is the start of what many are calling the launch weekend. I don't think anyone on this forum calls it the launch weekend. Perhaps it's just some of the financial investor sites (like this Fool one).

What I don't understand is why this weekend (starting April 10) is not universally considered the launch weekend. I'm sure everyone's now seen the estimates that about 1 million watches were sold on the 10th (in just the US) — how can anyone say the Apple Watch has not been launched? (it's a rhetorical question)

The Watches start delivery on the 24th. For people that haven't ordered one, they'll be no more available on the 24th than they are at this very moment. If they were actually planning to sell them in the stores, they would be available on the 24th. It's true they're available to order on the 24th, but then, they are available to order right now as well. I guess when Apple says ":apple: Watch — Available 4.24.15" it does mean available to a fortunate few.

Last edited:

supertomtom

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2007
Gold Coast, Australia

This is what confuses me about the release date. To me this is implying that Apple Stores will have stock on 4/24 since the ship date for online orders are between 4/24 and 5/8. Maybe the delivery date will be set in stone in a week or so? The way Apple handles release dates are confusing and vague. (ie iPad Air 2)
I suppose they can argue that it says available on 4/24, NOT available *in stores* on 4/24. So for those we did preorder online early enough, the Apple watch does become available to the public for the first time on 4/24.

Switchback666

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2012
SXM
I hope I get bumped for launch delivery :) I was hoping for a friend to bring the watch to me since he's coming the 26, if not I'm gonna have to pay a little more and have it shipped to me and risk getting customs (more money lol)

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
Well, you're right. The 24th is the start of what many are calling the launch weekend. I don't think anyone on this forum calls it the launch weekend. Perhaps it's just some of the financial investor sites (like this Fool one).

What I don't understand is why this weekend (starting April 10) is not universally considered the launch weekend. I'm sure everyone's now seen the estimates that about 1 million watches were sold on the 10th (in just the US) — how can anyone say the Apple Watch has not been launched? (it's a rhetorical question)

The Watches start delivery on the 24th. For people that haven't ordered one, they'll be no more available on the 24th than they are at this very moment. If they were actually planning to sell them in the stores, they would be available on the 24th. It's true they're available to order on the 24th, but then, they are available to order right now as well. I guess when Apple says ":apple: Watch — Available 4.24.15" it does mean available to a fortunate few.
They shouldve done like the macbook and said available for shipping 4/10 and the watch gets there when it gets there.

pepms

macrumors member
Jan 23, 2012
I hope to get the watch on the 24th, i planned a trip to US to get the apple watch, and got the 24-5/8 delivery but i only going to be there the 24th weekend !:confused:

BillyTrimble

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2013
I hope to get the watch on the 24th, i planned a trip to US to get the apple watch, and got the 24-5/8 delivery but i only going to be there the 24th weekend !:confused:
There is a good chance you will be disappointed. I'll be shocked if I get mine on the 24th.

Drew888

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
They shouldve done like the macbook and said available for shipping 4/10 and the watch gets there when it gets there.
Last time I checked MacBook was not available for shipping on 4/10. They're (all configurations 4-6 weeks)

So based on what you said, for some people they are getting better shipping times than the MacBook....

rhyme

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2013
I'll be out of town on the 24th. Saturday the 25th is a public holiday in Australia, so the post office will be closed and I won't be able to pick it up if it has arrived on the 24th. The post office will be closed on Sunday, too.

Hmm. Maybe I should change my delivery address to my work in the hope that the receptionist will be around and can sign for it if it arrives on the 24th, so I can come in on the weekend and collect it from my pigeon-hole.

I just hope it doesn't arrive on the 29th, when I will be out of town again for a few days.

LowesChevy48

macrumors member
Apr 13, 2015
Sanford, NC
New to the forum, forgive me if this has been answered! Does apple require a signature for delivery? Im sure I'm not the only one who is not home when the Fedex man comes.

If that is the case do you think I can change my shipping address to my work without losing the 4/24-5/8 date?

Thanks again

papa8706

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2010
New to the forum, forgive me if this has been answered! Does apple require a signature for delivery? Im sure I'm not the only one who is not home when the Fedex man comes.

If that is the case do you think I can change my shipping address to my work without losing the 4/24-5/8 date?

Thanks again
Yes, Apple usually require a signature. If you go onto your account settings you can pre-sign if you desire

gui0312

macrumors 6502
Apr 10, 2015
4/24 - 5/8 delivery date

Hey people, I made my order for the SG 42mm sport and received my confirmation email at 3:01am Est (12:01PST). I checked out with apple pay from my iPhone and using the apple rewards barclay card. That day I had a pre-authorization though that pre-auth. fell off as of Saturday. I had called Apple and they said they saw both orders (ordered a SS w/ classic leather buckle for the wife) and that everything looked fine on their end. Anyone else have their pre-auth. fall off?

Drew888

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
Hey people, I made my order for the SG 42mm sport and received my confirmation email at 3:01am Est (12:01PST). I checked out with apple pay from my iPhone and using the apple rewards barclay card. That day I had a pre-authorization though that pre-auth. fell off as of Saturday. I had called Apple and they said they saw both orders (ordered a SS w/ classic leather buckle for the wife) and that everything looked fine on their end. Anyone else have their pre-auth. fall off?
I used a gift card, they haven't pulled the funds yet for mine

gwynne

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2010

Normal. You won't get the real charge till ship time.

greytmom

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
Preauthorizations can't last for weeks... It's the law that they have to expire within a reasonable time. I think 3 or 5 days... Can't recall at the moment.

Cuyler

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2009
Chicago

Thanks again
I believe once you get a shipping number, you can call FedEx and tell them to hold a package for you. I've done this in the past and gone over to their office to pick it up in the evening. I don't know their current policy.

methaw

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2015
Earth
I believe once you get a shipping number, you can call FedEx and tell them to hold a package for you. I've done this in the past and gone over to their office to pick it up in the evening. I don't know their current policy.

I believe that apple also has a pre sign doc you can sign and put in front of your door. Though probably not the best idea. I've never tried it.

bnekic

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2013
Cleveland, OH
Delivery Dates 4/24-5/8

Yes mine fell off my Barclays card. This happens with all pre-orders! The same mother fu#%ing questions being asked over and over again!

1. Pre-authorizations usually fall off on pre-orders
2. No the apple watch will not be upgradable
3. If your delivery date is 4/24-5/8 check your order on 4/22 and stop obsessing.

Munky

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2011
I ordered 42mm SG Sport at 2:03am CST. Using an AmEx, there was a pending transaction for the full amount. It fell off last night. I'm not worried as my order is still pending on apple.com

pepms

macrumors member
Jan 23, 2012
When should we see a change in our order status if the watch would be arriving by the 24th?