Does anyone here have a job?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by hitek79, Mar 15, 2011.

1. hitek79 macrumors member

Serious question. How is it that everyone can stand in lines all day long?

2. applefan289 macrumors 68000

I wonder the same thing when I go to my local mall. During week days in the day time, the mall is packed. Where do these people come from? :confused:

3. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

It's called Paid Time Off.

4. dudeman74 macrumors newbie

no need for me to stand in line and i got mine today. they had a shipment arrove at my campus bookstore and no one was there either. :D

5. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

bingo

6. rick98761 macrumors 6502

As for me I just happened to have a week of vacation this week. No I didnt not schedule it to hunt for an iPad :) Wife is a teacher and on spring break so I just figured I would burn one. Timing was good though.

7. david77 macrumors regular

High schools and colleges are also on Spring Break.

8. Mattstkc macrumors 6502a

Mattstkc

Paid Time off is how I do it. I'm almost maxed out so I have to take days anyway so might as well use them throughout this week and next to get an iPad while most people work.

9. SonoViva macrumors 6502

SonoViva

I was wondering the same thing. I was only able to get there on Friday at 5 because I had to work. And yet people waited Friday, Monday and today. Some are planning to wait tomorrow. And yes, I know, paid time off, but what about saving those days for when you actually need them? (Sickness, vaca, etc.)

10. blueridge macrumors 6502

blueridge

luckily i work for myself and took the day off.. my wife is full time student.. we were there at 1:30pm and waited til 5pm at bestbuy :)

11. Meanee macrumors 6502a

3 jobs actually. But since 2 of them on my own time, I could maneuver few things around. Finished few appointments on Friday AM, and by 2pm was in Best Buy. 5th in line. Was kind of funny hearing about gigantic lines at Apple stores at 8am, when you are waiting in line for max of 3 hours.

12. Surf Monkey macrumors 68020

Surf Monkey

I'm a commercial artist working on a contract basis from home. I can make whatever schedule I like.

13. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

I think it's comical to read the leaps and bounds people will go through to get an iPad... It's the end all be all.. at least until iPad 3...

14. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

That's exactly the time I got to Best Buy and waited as well. I took a half paid day Friday afternoon.

15. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

I have a job. 3-4 days at a week at an ice cream place.

16. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

I'm going before work in the early AM to stand in line at an Apple store to see if they have stock. If they don't, I hope into a cab and make it to work by 9am.

17. iLuis macrumors member

Just change the day. :)

Or talk with your manager, im a waiter and i was shocked cuz the iPad 2 release on friday at 5 pm, and this is the day and time that i make more money. I'm not going to been on line and loose up to 250 in tips.

I'm happy waiting for my iPad 2. :) i have the first iPad so i can wait.

18. neko girl macrumors 6502a

neko girl

19. JoJoCal19 macrumors 65816

JoJoCal19

I used a personal day. It uses our sick time but is not counted as a sick day. It's a day to use when you just don't feel like working :cool:

I also work from home full-time so I have the ability to do whatever whenever.

20. WoodrowCall macrumors 6502

WoodrowCall

If I didn't have a job, I would've been in line all day Friday and then I wouldn't be looking for one now.

21. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

Grad student, very flexible schedule. :p Though I did have to do some data collection earlier in the day Friday, so I was only in line for an hour.

22. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

Same here. My butt would have been in line at noon!

23. HelveticaNeue macrumors 6502a

HelveticaNeue

I have a job. When the iPad 2 comes out in Canada next Friday I will book the day off or (if the launch is in the morning) come in to the office once my prize is in hand.

I have never taken a vacation, though I am still young. In fact, in three years I haven't booked off more than two consecutive days in a row. I prefer to just bank the vacation pay. However, when something like this comes along I have the freedom to take the day off.

Or ... I might be the guy working from his iPad while waiting in line and get paid for it.

24. JTownTX macrumors newbie

Bar manager, simply moved to night shifts for the week.