Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sydde

macrumors 68030
Aug 17, 2009
IOKWARDI
Sure highlights all those streaks from my fingers, but the screen is good. OP should have set up a poll.

Steviejobz

macrumors 68020
Jun 19, 2010
SoCal
Have one at very top. To the left of the time so almost always will be covered by that black bar so not going to exchange. Even in landscape it's so close to edge not too bothersome.

shaft103

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2011
The 64gb white WiFi only that I got from best buy on Friday night had 2 dead pixels on it. The new one I exchanged it for this afternoon appears to have none.

aimfire

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2007
Sunnyvale, CA
1st one had no dead pixels, but a weird pinkish tint on the bottom left corner. Exchanged no problem.

2nd one has 4 dead pixels and a weird cluster of dead pixels and/or dust under the screen. The 4 dead pixels and cluster are all in the same area, left side, middle of screen. So this is going back on Sunday, shouldn't be a problem to exchange.

A little annoyed that I've had 2 bad ones in a row, but have had some time to think and will probably exchange for an LTE version (I had the wifi one), lol. So I guess it kinda works out...? Lol

TheUrbanLegend

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2012
San Diego
no dead pixels :D actually only time I have ever had a dead pixel on anything was on the original Nintendo DS had 1 or 2 dead pixels and Nintendo sent me a brand new DS

AppChat

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2012
1st one had no dead pixels, but a weird pinkish tint on the bottom left corner. Exchanged no problem.

2nd one has 4 dead pixels and a weird cluster of dead pixels and/or dust under the screen. The 4 dead pixels and cluster are all in the same area, left side, middle of screen. So this is going back on Sunday, shouldn't be a problem to exchange.

A little annoyed that I've had 2 bad ones in a row, but have had some time to think and will probably exchange for an LTE version (I had the wifi one), lol. So I guess it kinda works out...? Lol

What's the point if u don't use lte lol

Steelers7510

macrumors 6502
Jan 29, 2010
Lake Tahoe
I noticed a dead pixel at the top right of the screen when I was looking at the red image. If I hadn't tried that test I probably wouldnt have noticed it I still can't see it if I'm looking at anything else besides that one red image.

Steviejobz

macrumors 68020
Jun 19, 2010
SoCal
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

Thanks for this test. Had dead pixel and just swapped it for a new perfect one.

AppChat

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2012
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

Thanks for this test. Had dead pixel and just swapped it for a new perfect one.
u sawped it out for ONE dead pixel?

NameUndecided

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2011
Okay seriously though ( yes that was an attempt at humor) if it doesn't bother you then thats fine don't let anyone tell you you must bring it back, but by the same measure if its visible to you they will more than understand don't feel like your being a putz. you gave them 500 (or however many) dollars, and every dollar was perfect, if one dollar was damaged and it couldn't be counted as legal tender, you can believe they would demand that you go find another one.

Thank you. This was genuinely helpful.

lego8

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2008
Just got back from the Apple store. Swapped mine with two dead pixels out for a brand new one too. They didn't seem to care. I wonder what they do with the defective units though. Mine was put back in its box and a yellow sticker was put on the front of it.

darwin022

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2005
DC
One missing or stuck pixel near the lower right hand corner of mine. It just looks like I'm looking the backlight through a gap. It isn't noticeable with any of the solid colors or images, only with black.

I'm pretty picky but I'm not sure I'd exchange it just for that.

Steviejobz

macrumors 68020
Jun 19, 2010
SoCal
thats such a waste

I dont understand why you think so. I wasted all but 15 minutes at the store. Apple is a $500 billion company. These production issues are built in to their process. They know exactly the amount of ipads that they are willing to accept with issues. I dont see why I should waste $600 of my money when there are plenty of fine iPads available. My dead pixel iPad will get used for parts or recycled. So hardly a waste imo.

DaQuickPG

macrumors member
Jun 3, 2011
I have one pixel thats brighter than the rest, bought ipad at best buy. I only see it if i look hard in safari on white background. Barely visible on colors on the test. I am thinking to return it to bb but scarred i ll get the worst one. No bleeds or yellow tint or any other defects. I regret doing this test, i would have nevr noticed this otherwise.

M5RahuL

macrumors 68040
Aug 1, 2009
TeXaS
thats such a waste

Why do you say so ?What if the dead pixel is right smack in the middle or what if it takes away the pleasure from an otherwise great screen ?

Why live with an obvious defect ? It's his hard earned money and not exactly pocket change either!

I'm glad he exchanged it !! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.