iPhone Facebook notifications issue

Discussion in 'iOS 12' started by Lucian Hodoboc, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Lucian Hodoboc macrumors newbie

Lucian Hodoboc

Hi

I've recently noticed an issue with the Facebook notifications since updating to the latest iOS version on an iPhone 8 Plus. It no longer displays the notifications from the previous day. I can only scroll through the notifications until it reaches the first one from the current day and then it just refreshes the page and takes me back to the top. Basically, I can't find a way to see notifications that are older than 24 hours in the Facebook app. Is this a bug related to the Facebook app or to iOS? Any ideas on how to fix it? :oops:

2. roastspud macrumors member

I dont even get push notifications at all despite them being enabled..

3. Lucian Hodoboc thread starter macrumors newbie

Lucian Hodoboc

How come?

4. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

If you are talking about looking at them in the notification tab of the Facebook app, I don't have an issue that you are describing and can keep on scrolling and scrolling with the app loading more and more notifications going back days and days.

5. Lucian Hodoboc thread starter macrumors newbie

Lucian Hodoboc

Yes.

Cool. So, what do you suggest I do? :confused:

6. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

Not really sure. Aside from reinstalling Facebook to see if that might help it sounds like

7. Suzy57 macrumors newbie

Suzy57

I have the same problem. Rang Apple - did reset. Didn’t help. Rang again but they could offer no advice.

8. roastspud macrumors member

Tried everything. They only show when i open the app

9. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

That kind of thing has been hit or miss (mostly miss) when it comes to Facebook for a long time for quite a few people.

10. AnthroMatt macrumors 6502

AnthroMatt

Same

11. Lucian Hodoboc thread starter macrumors newbie

Lucian Hodoboc

What do you mean they could offer no service? Well, tell them to refund you for the device. If their operating system doesn't function properly, we should be entitled to a refund. o_O

12. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

Not sure how Apple would be responsible for an app not sending notifications given that that aspect of it seems to be on the app side of things.

13. Lucian Hodoboc thread starter macrumors newbie

Lucian Hodoboc

Aren't they legally bound to remove all apps that don't function properly from the App Store?

14. Wiccanbear macrumors newbie

Wiccanbear

Same for me too. No notifications now for 3 months.

15. maverick28, Apr 29, 2019
    Last edited: May 1, 2019

maverick28 macrumors regular

I was having this problem, resolved it at one point however then problem returned. I don't know why.
    On Mavericks I couldn't get notifications until I picked up a decision suggested by a user on ASC: delete the FB account, and add it again however this time, instead of the e-mail provide the mobile phone number. By doing that I finally regained the ability to get FB notifications until today: I changed my FB password because FB reported about "suspicious" activity on my account and forced me to do this. After that I lost FB notifications (I created another account before just to test this functionality) no matter what I tried: deleting and re-adding, rebooting, logging out in Safari etc. Meanwhile on High Sierra FB pushes its notifications smoothly and even without all this dancing around and any phone numbers. Go figure. So on Mavericks it now fails to establish connection with FB. I don't know why. Perhaps it's location detection issues that I started experiencing on Mavericks where it's not able to locate me at all, maybe Facebook requires my location and thus I cannot pass the verification procedure. Basically, all location services went down: no current location in Maps and on iCloud Find My Phone which locates only my iPhone but not the Mac.

On Mojave Apple removed all social integration, BTW, but I don't want to run it.

P.S. Oops. I realized I posted in a wrong group. However on iOS the integration with Facebook works better than on Mac OS X.