First Official Verizon iPhone 4 Commercial Aired

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MarximusMG, Jan 20, 2011.

1. MarximusMG, Jan 20, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2011

MarximusMG macrumors 6502a

MarximusMG

Did anyone just see this? I had the TV on in the background, and when I saw the end of the commercial, I quickly hit rewind and watched it over again. Verizon and Apple have aired the first official Verizon iPhone 4 commercial.

It starts out with shots of various clocks ticking, as well as a few shots of tapping feet and fidgeting hands. The ticking continues throughout the entire commercial, until one shot shows a clock reaching 12:00. Then the voiceover: "To our millions of customers who never stopped believing this day would come: Thank you." This is followed by more ticking, and on each tick the screen shows: "iPhone 4, Verizon, It Begins, 2.10.11, Rule the Air."

I know, I know, it's sad, but this is one of those commercials that actually gave me goosebumps. I've been waiting for the iPhone on Verizon ever since the release in 2007. And this commercial, I felt, was very well done. Simple, to the point, and resonates well with the countless people (such as myself) who have been patiently waiting for this!

Here's the commercial:

Verizon iPhone 4: 'It Begins'

2. steven10093 macrumors newbie

3. Thenextkiller macrumors newbie

Thenextkiller

That is an youtube link...

4. Small White Car, Jan 20, 2011

Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Great ad.

I really liked Verizon's iPad ad, too.

Also, notice how this ad is seemingly aimed at their current customers? An interesting approach that makes total sense. I suspect they really will sell mostly to current customers for the first few months. If someone really really wanted an iPhone before now and didn't love Verizon they probably already have one.

5. Cynicalone macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

Not bad, smartly aiming it at the current Verizon subscribers

The iPad ad was also well done.

6. HuggyLowDown macrumors regular

HuggyLowDown

When I saw it, it made me smile. Thinking, "Wow, I'm finally going to have an iPhone, the best smartphone, on the best network."

7. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

meh, it was alright I guess.
    I guess what we can all learn from this commercial is that if you believe hard enough, and speculate deep enough, then all your dreams will come true, iPhone wise that is

8. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

9. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

For a Verizon commercial, that was pretty good.

I like it.

10. Mr. Incredible macrumors 6502a

Great commercial!

I've always pictured the first iPhone Verizon commercial to be done a little differently.

Maybe if I knew some video editing I can do a mock up of my vision.

11. mccdeuce macrumors newbie

i guess ill be the one to say it - that was retarded.

I am an apple fan. Not an ATT nor Verizon fan. In my opinion they are all sub par in the US.

But this commercial just doesnt really say anything. I have an iphone on ATT and this commercial did not make me think twice about my network. My mom on wants a smartphone but this commercial doesnt make it seem like she should get an iphone either.

Its a nothing ad.

12. TheyCallMeSaint macrumors regular

It wasn't targeted at people from different networks. It was targeted towards Verizon customers who were waiting for an iPhone.

13. Slix macrumors 6502a

Slix

14. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Idiotic ad at best. However, what else is expected as only Apple makes iPhone ads.

15. srvmr macrumors newbie

I get the picture and the arguments from both sides. I do think they are aiming it at current customers but selfishly would love to see some sort of incentive to get people who are mid-contract to switch, even if it means signing for longer.

As for commercials, I still think nothing beats the Sprint one with the football player and doctor. Very clever and very competitive pricing. Not thrilled about the network but they're not emphasizing it.

16. Sekots macrumors member

That's odd that Verizon is able to advertise the iPhone, when AT&T never was.

17. MarlboroLite macrumors 6502a

MarlboroLite

a bit dramatic in tone...but it's a nice ad. I like the fact that they are acknowledging their current customers who've waited for so long...

Verizon has made great ads in the past, the misfit toys ad was a fantastic ad a year ago....as was the "there's a mapp" campaign.

18. mccdeuce, Jan 20, 2011

mccdeuce macrumors newbie

So tell me how you are rewarding me for waiting.

Tell me as a Verizon customer why I should go with Verizon despite the fact that I cant use the internet while on the phone. Tell me something.

Advertisements are a form of communication suppose to persuade an audience.

So this was intended for customers who were waiting for a VZW iPhone. So they didnt need any persuasion. So Verizon just spent a bunch of money on fluff.

It reminds me of when ATT was bashing Verizon in their commercials and Verizon bashing ATT. Stop wasting your money on this and just make YOUR network better - the better network will speak for itself.

19. joeshmo2010 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F5153d Safari/6533.18.5)

Uh it was a stupid commercial.

20. NXTMIKE macrumors 6502

21. Ann P macrumors 68020

It was actually a nice commercial, very simple and straight to the point.

22. yodaxl7 macrumors 6502a

I sure feel the buzz!! Wait, I already have iPhone 4. Darn!!! Come on, where is iPhone 5? Guess, I can settle for the iPad 2. Just can't wait for the announcement for the next iPad!!

23. Singin Hobo macrumors regular

I guess from an ad standpoint it's very good... hit all the right buttons.

I guess the content just strikes me as sort of sad.

24. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Why would at&t have needed to advertise the iPhone before now?

Are you unaware that iPhone users will pay Verizon much, much more than their dumbphone users will?

Are aware how many Verizon customers don't have Smartphones?

Answer A: They will
    Answer B: A helluva lot

25. GFLPraxis, Jan 20, 2011

GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Typical Verizon ads- an Apple ad would show the product in use. This is just flashy and hype.

Oh well, most people will grasp the significance.