Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hieveryone

macrumors 603
Apr 11, 2014
USA
iPhone 14 looks like it's going to be awesome judging from the rumors, but it's still so far away lol. Hard to be excited about something that's so far away from launch, assuming it's September 2022

MayaUser

macrumors 68030
Nov 22, 2021
What about a smaller MacBook Air with the M2 chip?
13" is small enough for M2 and fanless design..remember the next macbook air will be even smaller than the current one, thanks to shrinking the bezels all around, like the Mbp

contacos

macrumors 601
Nov 11, 2020
Mexico City living in Berlin
Wireless charging on the iPad? Why? Also wouldn’t it take like a day to fully charge at the currently available „wireless“ charging speeds?

I wish they get rid of so much glass on the iPhone. It makes it unnecessarily heavy. I love how light my Galaxy A52 from work is

kiensoy

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2008
What videos are you watching?

For normal 16:9 content... the video doesn't come anywhere close to the notch. Neither does the more trendy 2:1

But if you're one of those monsters who zooms the video to where it goes under the notch... and therefore also cuts off the top and bottom of the video... that's your fault.

:p
16:9 is fine if all you are watching is YouTube. If you watch anything else more cinematic, let alone anamorphic aspect ratios you will hate the notch. While I’m not “a monster” to zoom in on video I do zoom in a lot in pictures in full screen and the notch gets in the way in any orientation. Websites in landscape have to reformat in a certain way to avoid getting cut by the notch. It’s horrible. But like I said, I’m glad there’s people not bothered by it.

rp2011

macrumors 68020
Oct 12, 2010
I held off on getting the Pro Max and got the base 14" instead because my workflow software has yet to optimized for Apple Silicon. Most 3D rendering, 3D modeling, CAD has yet to be optimized and lag behind Intel. Even the 3D slicing software I use has yet to be optimized to Apple silicon, so I look forward to seeing how the new Mac Pro adrersses these shortcomings.

GriffinCorp2

macrumors newbie
Jan 1, 2022
I would love to see the iPhone 4 design make a come back. I miss the round volume buttons and the back glass. I hope these finally come without the camera bump. Never like that ever.

Dhonk

macrumors 6502
Mar 2, 2015
So what does "marginally better" for the M2 mean? To me, that means slightly better. New colors and a more 12" MacBook-like design would be welcome, but I want the chip to be substantially better. The M1 is awesome, but it's also 14-months old already and an M2 in Sept/Oct should blow it away.

EugW

macrumors G5
Jun 18, 2017
Gurman also expects a smaller Apple silicon version of the Mac Pro desktop tower to launch this year with up to a 40-core CPU and 128-core GPU, along with a new Mac mini and a new larger iMac.
Hmm... Only 1 new Mac mini class? I was hoping for 2 new Mac mini classes.

1. Spring M1 Pro/Max high end model with new form factor, lots of memory, and lots of ports.
2. Fall M2 low end model with same new form factor as above, less memory, and not so many ports.

Third, "Steve Jobs would never allow it" became a substitute for "I don't like it" at this point.
I wonder if people will ever realize how foolish they sound when they repeat that cliché.

azentropy

macrumors 601
Jul 19, 2002
Surprise
Since NO ONE yet has, I'm calling it now, 2022 is the year of Wi-Fi 6E, which has rare, true Game Changer potential !

Would like to see macrumors add a Wi-Fi 6E section to their website.

Then, as Apple announces supported products this year, it will be easy for ALL of us to figure-out which products work well with others.
Maybe, but I think you are early in your prediction. Unless Apple plans on reentering the wireless router marketplace and become a driver I don't see them acting so early. Especially with the very high prices of current routers and low adoption rate.

Hkfan45

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2021
Enough with improving the hardware when the software doesn’t even take advantage of the hardware from 3 cycles ago.

EugW

macrumors G5
Jun 18, 2017
Enough with improving the hardware when the software doesn’t even take advantage of the hardware from 3 cycles ago.
That doesn't make much sense. For people who need the performance, a lot of current software can easily make use of the performance increase offered by even M1 Max.

Since NO ONE yet has, I'm calling it now, 2022 is the year of Wi-Fi 6E, which has rare, true Game Changer potential !
Apple will adopt WiFi 6e eventually, but it will be evolutionary, not revolutionary. Personally I don't care much about WiFi 6e, and I don't see it happening in 2022 for Apple anyway.

Hkfan45

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2021
That doesn't make much sense. For people who need the performance, a lot of current software can easily make use of the performance increase offered by even M1 Max.
I was referring to devices that run iOS and iPadOS.

GuruZac

macrumors 68040
Sep 9, 2015
⛰️🏕️🏔️
So the only feature coming on the iPhone 14 Pro that is most interesting to me is the removal of the notch. I have never minded the notch so don't care either way, but I think it's neat that will be able to pack the FaceID hardware under display. Everything else with the iPhone 14 Pro will probably be even more iterative over the 13 Pro line than the 13 Pro was to the 12 Pro. Hard to imagine battery life will be much better, we got ProMOTION, significant jump in cameras, battery life as mentioned, still a future proof design. So other than the notch removal I don't see the iPhone 14 Pros being that compelling.

Reactions: SirGreenLemon

SSDGUY

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2009
There must be some sort notch limit law out there. Once your notch limit is reached, if you add a notch, to say a couple laptop models, you then have to remove that same number of notches on other devices. ;)

newyorksole

macrumors 603
Apr 2, 2008
New York.
As ugly as the hole punch looks, I wouldn’t REALLY complain considering we’re essentially getting an iPhone that’s ALL screen. I just hope there’s wallpaper I can use to hide it.

I say it every year lol, but this is going to be an exciting year for Apple!

• Haha
Reactions: Bethanie21

GuruZac

macrumors 68040
Sep 9, 2015
⛰️🏕️🏔️
The only time I noticed the notch is when people talk about it. Considering the virus is here to stay, Apple needs to add Touch ID in the power button just like on the iPad Air as another method of authentication.
No the world needs to wake up and realize unless you are wearing a properly fitted N95 mask, you are doing nothing but virtue signaling wearing a cloth or surgical mask. TouchID isn't coming back to the iPhones when Apple has the Apple Watch workaround. I am happy to be proven wrong with the addition in the power button like the iPad Air but I don't see it happening. Like USB-C on the iPhone.

Bull 07

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2021
¿Carga inalámbrica en el iPad? ¿Por qué? Además, ¿no llevaría un día cargar completamente a las velocidades de carga "inalámbricas" disponibles actualmente?

Ojalá se deshagan de tanto vidrio en el iPhone. Lo hace innecesariamente pesado. Me encanta lo ligero que es mi Galaxy A52 del trabajo
I knew I was an Android user.

EugW

macrumors G5
Jun 18, 2017
After all these years, I still dislike the notch. The hole punch isn't a perfect solution, but it would be a great step in the right direction.

TouchID isn't coming back to the iPhones when Apple has the Apple Watch workaround. I am happy to be proven wrong with the addition in the power button like the iPad Air but I don't see it happening. Like USB-C on the iPhone.
I don't see Touch ID coming back either but the Apple Watch isn't a complete workaround. It gets you halfway there because:

1) People sometimes take their watch off.
2) For Face ID to work, it has to be facing the user at the right angle, at the right distance, and in portrait mode. YMMV, but I find it restrictive, and yes I have an Apple Watch.

I still prefer Touch ID to Face ID on an iPhone, but I would prefer to have both.

Ironically, I prefer Face ID to Touch ID on an iPad. The annoying thing on the iPad though is that the Apple Watch workaround is not offered on the iPad.

Reactions: GuruZac
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.