Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

knelto

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2007
I've yet to actually see someone else with one. I was beginning to wonder if I'm the only one who hasn't, but it appears I'm not alone!

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
*Not counting demo iPhone in stores*

First time I saw one in use in public: July 26th or 27th, not sure which day. Was in Mountain View and saw a man outside of a Starbucks using one.

The second time I saw one in public was July 29th, the jerkoff cut me off in the returns/exchanges line at Costco. Grr.

Just activated mine today. :eek:

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
No, I haven't seen another iPhone out there beside mine. BUT, folks might be doing the same thing I do. I keep mine "under wraps" when every I'm not using it. Don't want to tempt anyone :D

speedbumpnv

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2007
i have seen at least 15 or so outside of the Apple store. granted my mom, sister and dad all have one, does that count? :p

Royale w/cheese

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2007
Entourage on HBO, countless imac shots in Ari's office and he has an iphone, but he uses a different cell phone in the shot right after.:confused:

megfilmworks

macrumors 68020
Jul 1, 2007
Sherman Oaks
Entourage on HBO, countless imac shots in Ari's office and he has an iphone, but he uses a different cell phone in the shot right after.:confused:
I thought he had one but then it looked different in other shots. Maybe they picked one up during shooting and figure they could push the continuity.
If so we should see it a lot more in new episodes.

Royale w/cheese

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2007
I didn't think it was one, but then I definitely saw the apple on the back when he set it down, Eric has one at the end too, when he is talking to Peter Jackson, and they even talk about throwing a phone between Ari's eyes.

iPhoneyboy

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2007
I was watching some of the X-games highlights 2 nights ago and saw that Tony Hawk had some sort of device laying on the table in-front of him - It didn't look exactly like the Iphone cause the sides were too dark, but I believe he had the black rubber incase case on it or a black custom back plate. Either way the only thing it could be was an Iphone!

Tony Hawk uses T-Mobile. I saw him at the nearby Coffee Bean (in the Carlsbad Forum)... he was text messaging like crazy while waiting for his drink. So at least a few months ago (before the iPhone) he was a Side Kick junkie.

JNB

macrumors 604
ZOMG! Sighting WITH photo!

Sitting in my hotel room, I looked to the left side of the desk, and there it was! I shot a quick pic before it could disappear, but I know y'all will still call BS on me...

Attachments

• IMG_0566.jpg
    IMG_0566.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 72

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
At work I saw a lady with one and later on that night it ended up in the lost and found. A quick call to the owner's residence and her husband wasn't exactly happy that she lost it especially since he was the one to come to the store and pick it up. Dare I say a wife was sleeping on the couch that night?

That and my brother-in-law has one.

Kamera RAWr

macrumors 65816
May 15, 2007
Sitting on a rig somewhere
I have only seen 1, other than my own, in town... a co-worker has one. Although he's not too literate with technology I think, he'd had it for some time and still had all the factory "Cupertino" settings :p... as far as clock, weather, etc. :D

Ahiqar

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2007
Fox Cities, WI
Near collision

I saw a guy walking in the local mall while using his iPhone. He wasn't watching where he was going and almost ran over my 3-year old daughter. Being an iPhone owner myself, I didn't give him a hard time. (And my 3-year old doesn't really watch where she is going either.)

I generally "hide" my iPhone in public. I palm it or have it in my pocket, so most people have no idea what it is. My co-worker has run into at least one other person walking around in public. Of course, I've personally seen tons of people with iPhone's in public, but I'm guessing launch day doesn't count. :) We've all scattered to the four winds I guess.

~ CB

Lumpydog

macrumors 6502
Aug 3, 2007
Two others

I've seen two others - the office to my left and the office to my right.

My boss and I bought one on the same day. Then a colleague was so impressed w/the phone, she bough one. Three offices in a row w/iPhones...

Lumpy

imagineer2000

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2005
Santa Rosa
One on the freeway commute

I was stuck in a traffic Jam on 101 in Marin county and we passed a guy surfing the web on one while sitting in traffic. :D

Anonymous Freak

macrumors 603
Dec 12, 2002
Cascadia
Let's see. If you remove ones seen at Apple Stores (both demo units and other customer units,) and the one my friend has that was bought at the same time as mine (we were in line together,) then no. I actually haven't.

I haven't really been looking, either, though.

iomar

macrumors 6502
Dec 28, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
I work in Beverly Hills, CA so I have seen lots of them when I go out for lunch. I think I see iphones more than any other PDA in this area. In my family right now one of my cousins have one also after I showed him my iphone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.