Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Christiangaz777

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2013
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has an alternative solution for charging when you are out and about.

I struggle with the battery on the 7, I’m contemplating getting an 8, I’ve been using batter packs anywhere from 5000 mah to 20 mah and had the same issue.

Charging from pocket to pocket with every pretty much every brand of lightning cable, from just cable Alucable of all of the Ankers. Also had a cable called unbreakable, they fray so easily.

Have the iPhone battery case but that barely charges 30-100 percent if I’m using the phone.

Most of my usage is on Spotify and YouTube, I don’t make many calls. I know it’s not a battery issue as I’ve had tests on it and all seems well
[doublepost=1536909625][/doublepost]I mean contemplating an 8 Plus

Disneymom2003

macrumors regular
Dec 28, 2015
I have a charger at home, in my car and at work. When I am out and about I simply charge when I am in my car. If I am some place where I will be a while ( Disneyland) I just don’t hang on my phone all day. I also travel a lot. When I do I keep a charger in my purse. Not usually a problem finding an outlet. I did recently buy a portable charger. Have not had a chance to use it yet. I have a 7 and the battery is still pretty good.
[doublepost=1537043169][/doublepost]You might also want to check Apples battery replacement program. I think it’s $29 ‍♀️

Christiangaz777

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2013
It’s £25. I shouldn’t have to replace the battery after less than 18 months imo. I can’t live with wall sockets I need portable batteries somehow.

I’ve come across a few which have lightning cables built in, probably gonna try that.

Also smaller cables were recommended all my lightning cables are seemingly busted from every brand you can imagine

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.