Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ArcAngel66

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2009
Not doing any analysis here... but some things I observed.

It says "Announcement from iTunes" ... Not about, for, regarding, etc. Who knows if Im looking at it the wrong way or what, but maybe it isn't even about iTunes, or about it as much as we think.

iTunes, the actual program, has a banner up just like the Apple website. So whatever it is, you should be able to watch/access/etc it from within iTunes.

The four clocks HAVE to mean something. How can "You'll never forget" tie into the world/time/etc?

fourfour44

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2010
I think it's going to be live concerts etc

Recently Les Mis (west end musical) held a 25th anniversary concert & it became the first ever to be beamed live to Cinemas around the world they also used it for the DVD

Maybe Apple have done a deal or brought the streaming company

It's the future for concerts imagine all those people who couldn't get GAGA tickets or Bon Jovi etc streaming it at home to iTunes then airplaying it to there apple TVs

That would excite me elemensly and be an excuse for an apple tv so my good lady could see the Take That concert !!!

I guess its a neat idea, but watching a concert is nowhere near actually being there to experience the crowd in person.

Though I guess I'm just not interested in big stadium concerts where you can't see anything anyway.

Mattie Num Nums

macrumors 68030
Mar 5, 2009
USA
I guess its a neat idea, but watching a concert is nowhere near actually being there to experience the crowd in person.

Though I guess I'm just not interested in big stadium concerts where you can't see anything anyway.

I think the best part of seeing it live is actually seeing the band play and not listening to the computer make up for crappy musicianship.

alent1234

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2009

if you have kids then chances are you can't go. look at Bruce Springsteen's career, the low point was around the time when most of his fan base was raising kids

and if the price is right, it will be better than paying the ridiculous price of tickets today. i remember when i paid $50 to see Metallica and GnR together

alent1234

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2009
didn't Michael Jackson own the beatle's catalog? now that they are monetizing him to pay off his debts maybe they finally got the online rights?

mac88

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2008
Boston, MA.
Mark me down as another one who doesn't think it is the Beatles... BUT the conspiracy theorist in me does think that the hands on the four clocks kind of resemble the cover of Help!

[tMG]http://blogs.todayonline.com/poparazzi/files/2010/07/help1.jpg[/tMG]

;):rolleyes:

That's a pretty good guess. Kind of reminds me of the cover also.

MattLafferty

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2010
New Jersey
Billboard Bets Beatles

Just passing along that Billboard speculates that it will be the addition of the Beatles.

Their article notes "after a day of phone calls, e-mails and cryptic messages, Billboard.biz is sticking its neck out and saying this is what we're going to hear tomorrow" and "the sources in the past that quashed any rumors of an impending Beatles launch are today very quiet, and strangely so." The article also speculates, as we have on here, about the Beatle-esque wording and clock placement.

Figured I'd share, as it was speculation coming from the music world, not the tech world. Do with it as you will.

http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/content_display/industry/e3id635aef8860e45ff86c08d2286699a2d

CZK

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2010
ok.... and thats suposed to be exciting.......

Hey Apple, offering a paid subscription service is neither exciting or going to change my life one iota.

If you don't offer wireless synch or the ability to stream my library to my phone anywhere, I don't care.

Well spoken sir
________
Colds &Amp; Flu Forums

Last edited:

Tom8

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Didn't Yoko Ono recently come out and reiterate her claim that The Beatles would never be on iTunes ?

Yvan256

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2004
Canada
Beatles?

In my opinion, the Beatles being available on iTunes may be an event, but not enough to warrant an announcement and an Apple.com front page banner.

It's not like their music has never been available anywhere else, from 8-tracks to vinyls to cassettes to CDs... Being also available as AAC files is not an event.

Vanarak19

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2008
Youll never forget = a subscription media service. No matter what computer you go to, you will always have your music to listen to, meaning youll nver forget a song or the words, EVER!

And maybe....youll never forget to backup your library again, because APPLE has it!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.