Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

smr

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2007
Shropshire, UK
Me Too!!!
and me!
HomePodPFD.jpg

Christocentric

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2014
Kentucky
I’ve still not got a shipping notification but the full charge is still sowing on my CC.
Does anyone remember how you track shipping using your order number? Is it minus the last two digits?

pacmania1982

macrumors 65816
Nov 19, 2006
Birmingham, UK
Screen Shot 2018-02-02 at 19.35.29.png
Here too! I hope I get a notification that I can choose for it to be delivered somewhere I can go pick it up like I did with my iPhone X, as I'll be at work :(

smr

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2007
Shropshire, UK
preparing for shipment ... what are the chances these arrive early? ;)
I would be surprised if they are delivered early. The couriers are told not to deliver Apple products until the official launch day. I suspect our HomePods might be like the iPhone X pre-orders. They changed to Prepared for dispatch on the Friday the week before launch, and stayed like that until the evening before launch:eek: I think the order changes to Prepared for dispatch once the address label is printed and stuck on our boxed order. These are then shipped in bulk by air to the Hinckley distribution centre from where they become trackable with the UK courier (DPD for my iPhone X). In the good old days the orders were shipped with UPS and were trackable from China...

Reactions: Dave245

JSB1540

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2015
Preparing for Shipment
preparing for shipment ... what are the chances these arrive early? ;)
I would doubt it. I have heard that occasionally an order (one or two) slips through ahead of the available date, but I figure they have the timing pretty well on cue.

Fattytail

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2012
What is this load of horsesh*t? Mine just says "Preparing for Shipment", not Dispatch. Dispatch sounds so much cooler. :p

BMcCoy

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2010
If packages go by road, in a car, it’s called “shipping”.
If they go by ship, it’s called “cargo”

Weird..

MrRugged

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2016
So apple switched my instore pickup to delivery but it shows delivery on 2/12. It’s preparing to ship and confused as to why it shows 2/12 when you can place an order now and still get 2/9 delivery. Anyone think it’ll change to 2/9? I’m thinking of just placing a new order. Just doesn’t make sense to me.

Phil77354

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2014
Pacific Northwest, U.S.
So apple switched my instore pickup to delivery but it shows delivery on 2/12. It’s preparing to ship and confused as to why it shows 2/12 when you can place an order now and still get 2/9 delivery. Anyone think it’ll change to 2/9? I’m thinking of just placing a new order. Just doesn’t make sense to me.

It's not clear to me if you're saying that Apple changed your order to home delivery without you requesting it? You earlier asked if that was possible. If there is a mistake then you can use chat on the order page on the Apple website and discuss with Apple. I also have no idea why it would now be saying Feb 12 delivery, as you point out even orders placed today are quoting Feb 9 delivery. Do you live in a location where delivery normally takes longer?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.