HomePod preordering

Discussion in 'HomeKit, HomePod, CarPlay, Home & Auto Technology' started by Mrsemexter, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Mrsemexter thread starter macrumors regular

The exact same thing happened in the UK, all stores instantly were not available for pick up. Also everyday, the day for delivery also moves back one, not really sure why they are doing this

2. Dave245 macrumors 604

Dave245

The date has now moved to the 14th here in the U.K for delivery and unavailable at the Apple stores, my guess is that they had a small amount of stock each store and they got reserved.

3. Phil77354 macrumors regular

Phil77354

My order now shows on UPS, shipping from Rialto, CA with status as 'Order Processed: Ready for UPS'.

Found it by using the 'Track by Reference' on the UPS tracking page, and using my phone number as others have suggested.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 6, 2018 ---
    I see that too but I wonder if it is simply that Apple is updating its projections for deliveries to each store vs pickups to be made. Given the fact that it is still possible to order now and get delivery on the 9th, they obviously have sufficient supply. They just need to decide where to send it based upon what demand looks like.

4. bruinsrme macrumors 603

bruinsrme

I would suspect the homepods have started to make their journeys to various regions of the country.
    From my understanding tracking is somewhat limited or masked. The units are shipped regionally. Then resorted/rerouted to the closest area distribution center to the customer a day or two prior to delivery.

Tomorrow the pods could be in the next town over

5. Dave245 macrumors 604

Dave245

Some people seem to already have it, iJustine from Youtube does

6. ankhie macrumors member

ankhie

I Can’t wait!!!!!

7. Dave245 macrumors 604

Dave245

Me neither, after seeing iJustine's video i'm really looking forward to getting mine :D

8. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68020

Bazooka-joe

Just checked the Deliveries app and my status in the U.K. has changed to “Preparing to ship”

9. mkemp1 macrumors member

mkemp1

Just found mine on UPS by using my phone number in the reference lookup. It's shows it has left Nashville TN and headed my way!

10. iphonehype macrumors 6502

UK Instore Collection
    Anyones order still on status: Order In Progress?

I am supposed to be collecting on Friday at Covent Garden!

Cheers

11. ankhie macrumors member

ankhie

Mine says "Order in Progress". I'm supposed to be collecting 2 from the store on the 9th. The charge posted to my card yesterday.

12. iphonehype macrumors 6502

Same position charge was posted on 4th for me. Do you think our item comes from store stock rather than warehouse/ship to home stock?

I normally have home delivery never done a preorder collection!

13. ankhie macrumors member

ankhie

Same here, so I have no idea. Just hoping I didn’t make the wrong decision

14. mattburley7 macrumors 68040

was thinking of ordering one... do you have to sign for delivery for this item?

15. Dave245 macrumors 604

Dave245

Mine still hasn’t dispatched and it’s Wednesday so I’m guessing that they must already be in the U.K.

16. Foss macrumors 6502

Foss

I've bought plenty of day one items from Apple for in store pickup on day one. The normal process is the day of pickup in the morning, our order will go from "Order in Progress" to "Ready for Pick-Up" I believe the store that you picked will check inventory and start marking them ready in the early morning. I've never had a promised day one in store pick up order not be ready for pick up on the promised day. Fear not, all will be good.

17. ankhie macrumors member

ankhie

Good to read!! Thanks!!!

18. TheBearman macrumors 6502

They didn't make me sign for a $1k iPhone so for me no. Now in some areas I've heard UPS can decide to ask for a signature if there is a concern of an item being stolen from the doorstep.

19. smr macrumors 6502a

I think your right, and if it is anything like the iPhone X we will see them change to dispatched late tomorrow (Thursday) morning when they are picked up by the UK couriers (DPD and UKMail probably) for delivery Friday. I think our delivery labels were printed off in China last Friday and stuck on boxed HomePods and then they were shipped in bulk to Apple's UK distribution centre in Hinckley (just down the A5 from where I live!)

20. iLoveMyApple macrumors 6502a

iLoveMyApple

I did track by reference and it found a package, but says it weighs 8.80 pounds. I’m pretty sure that’s it because I’m not expecting anything else that weighs that much. Anyone else?

21. emiaj macrumors regular

Me too, same 8.8lb package... but it’s not shipped yet, ups says the label was printed on feb 3rd. We should get more info on Thursday I think.

22. LordCoe13 macrumors regular

LordCoe13

I also have 2 different packages (Ordered 2 HomePods). Both 8.8 pounds and in TN. Tracked by MyChoice and they're the only deliveries I have coming on Friday. Apple typically puts your phone number as a reference number as well. All evidence points towards this being HomePods.

23. Christocentric macrumors regular

Christocentric

That’s what mine weights too.

24. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

Yeah you will
    --- Post Merged, Feb 7, 2018 ---
    my iphone x was delivered by DPD but that was ordered via EE so hoping it will be again but i think apple normally use ukMAIL

25. Christocentric macrumors regular

Christocentric

Mine finally changed on the UPS app to in transit delivers Friday. My charge on my card has posted and I even paid it off so at least it’s paid for before I get it (-: