How is call quality/speakerphone/ringer on the iPhone 6 (Verizon)? Is the speakerphone loud enough.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MikeS.7456, Mar 19, 2017.

1. MikeS.7456 macrumors newbie

Thinking of getting a iPhone 6 for one of my family members who is very hard of hearing.

Is the call quality on the 6 good enough both via earpiece and speakerphone ?

How loud is the ringer ?

Thank you for your time.

2. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

It's fairly loud with the volume maxed. Truthfully, if you're looking for something loud, the iPhone 7 has stereo speakers (Much improved/louder) over the iPhone 6. I Understand you're looking at the iPhone 6, but it's worth looking into for speaker volume and ringer.

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

Are people noticing much of a difference when it comes to ringer and notifications? It's been more or less the same for me. Speakerphone can be a bit louder at times and even the earpiece volume, but I can't say that the ringer/notifications volume has really been different.

4. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

You should try side by side comparisons with the iPhone 7 and any other iPhone. I can tell a huge difference. I use my 6s Plus and 7 Plus daily. It's not even a comparison between the two how the 7 Plus sounds over the 6s Plus with ringer/notifications. The sound emanating from the 7 Plus is superior.

That said, I will say the 7 Plus does sound stronger over the iPhone 7 as well, being I think the volume is somewhat more increased with a larger speaker/earpiece over the smaller variant. ( I would have to refer to iFixit teardown between iPhone 7/iPhone 7 Plus to confirm if the speakers are different in sizes.)

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

I've had a 6 in the family for a little while after I got my 7, and to me they both sounded essentially the same as far as ringer/notifications went, which is kind of what prompted my original question about it.

6. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

Maybe I just have really astute hearing. But I certainly noticed a difference. I forgot to mention, I actually owned the iPhone 7 and now I own iPhone 7 Plus. I definitely believe the speaker drivers are larger in the 7+ over the smaller versions, which undoubtedly sounds better in the Plus version. iFixit teardowns would likely confirm for both models.