Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Will you be switching to Verizon

• Total voters

JediZenMaster

Suspended
Mar 28, 2010
Seattle
I'm not going to Verizon because for starters when i test drove them the last time when the HTC incredible came out i got crappy drop calls all over charlotte.

Also with my employer i get 19 Percent off and there is no way verizon could match that since my employer is their biggest competition and if you put 2 and 2 together you can figure out who i work for.

Irish Rose

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

Now that I finally have an iPhone 4 that works great and gives me the perfect 3G coverage that I've had with my other AT&T phones, there is no way that I would leave AT&T to go to Verizon......

SLC Flyfishing

Suspended
Nov 19, 2007
Portland, OR
Verizon is a horrible company from a customer service standpoint. And they will rip you off at any chance.

I just moved from Verizon to AT&T if that answers your question!

Jordan921

macrumors 603
Jul 7, 2010
Bay Area
After seeing T-Mobiles tiered data prices last night I wonder what Verizon is planning on doing. I think that's gonna be the defining factor for people who are gonna switch. T-Mobiles tiered prices are ridiculous if you ask me.

mpossoff

macrumors 68020
Mar 21, 2010
Philadelphia
We live in a heavy populated area Philadelphia. Been long time Att customers.

I don't understand why the Att bashing. Can someone enlighten me why Att is do bad to people?

Is there as many verizon bashers as Att bashers?

Marc

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2008
NYC
After seeing T-Mobiles tiered data prices last night I wonder what Verizon is planning on doing. I think that's gonna be the defining factor for people who are gonna switch. T-Mobiles tiered prices are ridiculous if you ask me.

Verizon has already announced plans for tiered plans as well.

Applepi

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2007
My old residence had a random dead zone and I was at my end with AT&T but ever since I moved a mile down the street, I have full bars of 3G. AT&T customer service is stellar and I get a generous employee discount to boot so I'll stick with them like I have for the past 6 years.

iPhonedHome

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2008
Dallas
He'll no! I'm guessing that there will be < 15% (if that) that bail from AT&T to Verizon whenever they actually get the iPhone.

But there will probably be plenty of potential customers that either
A) Have never had a smart phone and upgrade
B) Other users on T-Mobile, Sprint, etc. that bail to come to Verizon

You are kidding yourself if you think Verizon won't experience an overwhelming demand for data once this finally happens. I with most will enjoy the service that AT&T provides at an even greater capacity. :)

Amnesia87

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2010
Spending close to $500 a month with AT&T for 4 iPhones and was told by the 5th and final rep there is no way they will give me any discount.

So who will be moving to Verizon as soon as they can.

I call BS...

With 4 iPhones, even if you had unlimited minutes, unlimited texting and data + tethering on all 4 phones, your plan would still only be 430 + tax.

And honestly, I think only a complete moron would get tethering on all 4 of their phones.

So then assuming you have the normal 2gb plan on all 4 phones put's you at 350 + tax.

Oh, and so you know, getting a comparable plan on verizon would cost 450 + tax with tethering and 370 + tax without tethering.

So yeah...

Savor

Suspended
Jun 18, 2010
Staying with AT&T. Been with them the longest. Doesn't mean I love them. I need the biggest GSM carrier here and since owning the iPhone 4, haven't had a dropped call yet. Now that I have Google Voice, I can easily get some unlocked phone on prepaid and can just switch GSM phones without changing my number.

iPhones on CDMA won't have the same resell value. Look at the Palm Pre Plus for example. On Craigslist, the Verizon is about half the price as the AT&T one. No international/travel appeal for me.

EarthDawn

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2008
Long-eye Land, NY
No service is perfect and some are better then others in some areas...

For me.. AT&T works very very well on long island... So I'll be staying with them

makefunnyfaces

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2010
West Virginia
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I don't get signal with Verizon at my house, soooo, no. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.