I can't take it anymore, I'm jumping ship.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SB-MBP, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Sanpete, Feb 3, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2017

Sanpete macrumors 68020

I agree, as I've been very plain in saying. What people aren't entitled to is treating their subjective preferences as having special objective status, as you do when you imply the 15" MBP doesn't have performance and usability. Another example:

Again your subjective preference masquerading as objective fact. Sorry it gets old for you to have this pointed out, but I assure you it also gets old to see people make the confusion over and over. And over. If people keep track of where their subjectivity begins and objective facts end, they'll be more able to make useful commentary, and probably less upset when things don't fit their tastes.

That's obviously false.

There's no good evidence for any change in Apple's orientation in that regard. The new machines offer better performance for many professional tasks than the ones they've replaced. Some of the things you treat as less pro are demonstrably more pro in important ways. The ports, for example, are far more flexible and capable for pro tasks by objective standards.

It's highly ironic, by the way, when the same people who complain about focus on aesthetics or convenience of portability complain about the appearance and inconvenience of carrying adapters.

The lashing out against Apple on this basis is based more in myth than fact. Some people seem to have the idea that Apple under Jobs came out with a new major innovation every year or two. No, it's never been that way.

2. Queen6 macrumors 604

Queen6

Flying over the rainforest at dawn - Priceless

Same old, same old, want to support Apple do so, I choose to vote with my $$$$ as that's the only language the Apple of today understands, as do my peers...

Q-6

3. ZapNZs macrumors 68020

ZapNZs

I have the SP4 stylus and keyboard and for a Windows machine I find them to be reasonably good and a lot better than the 3/RT versions. Compared to a Mac, they are primitive, but that didn't surprise me given the MacBook Pro is arguably the golden standard of portable computers. App-wise I use only certain ones with Windows 10 so I can't really comment, but I figured going into it that quality free/shareware programs would be few and far between compared to OS X. For standard work purposes, it gets the job done for me, it's been reasonably good with battery life, has been very durable, and was reasonably priced for what I got. So I'm quite happy with it, for what it is.

Have you ever used a computer that has a keyboard & trackpad experience as good as the MacBook Pro? I haven't personally.

4. Sanpete macrumors 68020

Some more highly questionable claims there, but in any case what you say in no way addresses or conflicts with anything I said. It is ironic to see the complaint about "same old"!

5. Queen6 macrumors 604

Queen6

Nothing questionable about it, have yet to see the new MPB in a users hands, with other longterm Mac users looking to move to new platform. Ironic that you don't get that others have different needs, other than what Apple is telling you to believe...

Q-6

6. raqball macrumors 68000

Agree.... I actually have and still use my @mac.com email address.. Apple has not offered that email addreess in what, like 10-years? I consider myself a long time Mac user and I am moving on from the Mac and iPhone...

They can keep thinner and lighter.... #notmyApple

7. Sanpete macrumors 68020

Huh? Hard to connect that to what I actually said, or to follow it at all. Obviously "others have different needs" is exactly what I've said. There are always users moving between platforms, and a number of posts here show people moving to Apple because of the new MBP. Irony indeed.

8. raqball macrumors 68000

Chromebook Pixel is easily just as good and thus far I find zero, nadda, zilch, no issues whatsoever with the KB and trackpad on the Surface Book..

9. getbretweir macrumors member

Next time you quote somebody you might want to include the entire thing ... "Finding that right balance is the key."

I guess that part didn't fit your argument?

10. raqball macrumors 68000

The hardcore Apple defenders do that often... It's not uncommon to twist words and deflect either..

11. ZapNZs macrumors 68020

ZapNZs

Really? I'll have to check it out. My Chromebook is an Asus Flip, which I like, but the one thing I wish it had was a better trackpad, as even with touch-capability, I find myself using the mouse more often.

12. getbretweir macrumors member

What's funny is I own and love my nTB MBP 16/512 ... I just don't defend companies like they're family. Apple does a ton right, but when they're wrong I don't hesitate to voice my opinion!!

13. raqball macrumors 68000

Yeah it's a sweet machine but sadly Google is not making or selling them anymore.. You can still find 2015's for sale but the prices have skyrocketed... I had the 2015 Pixel LS and that was very comparable to the 2015 MacBooks in terms of build quality, keyboard / trackpad, screen and sound..

14. Sanpete macrumors 68020

What? The idea is to quote the part I'm disagreeing with. Which is what I did. Please keep up.

What an imagination you have! If you have any objection to anything I've actually said, please do post it. I haven't objected to criticizing Apple. I and others do object to just making stuff up.

Amazing irony.

15. Finchly macrumors member

Finchly

Why do you say that? It's the first time in a while I've considered switching allegiances. My wife has one but I haven't spent more than probably 2 hours total on it so I'm not sure what it's like to live with.

16. Queen6 macrumors 604

Queen6

Another @mac.com here, waited more than long enough for Apple and need tools to get the job done...

Q-6

17. getbretweir macrumors member

Quote the part you disagree with, yes, but omitting the full thought is what we grown ups call "taking things out of context."

I have plenty to object, but I won't waste my time. Move along son.

18. MH01 Suspended

MH01

So Windows = sucks , apple = awesome . Sounds like great independent advice ;)

I fail to see how PC hardware is inferior, I can in fact build a much better PC with far superior components than those found in macs, what you are referring to is design. Yes macs are super sexy, they do not have superior components.

My Mac Pro looks great, I can build a PC with much better quality internals that will vastly outperform my machine. Form over function is really becoming a major issue with apple, so no, apple hardware is no longer superior like it used to be.

19. Sanpete macrumors 68020

Uh huh, that's real grown up! Quoting what I disagreed with in no way altered its meaning. Since you evidently have nothing of substance to say, take your own advice.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 3, 2017 ---
    You appear to be confusing build quality with performance specs. Apple has a well-earned reputation for making hardware that has high fit and finish, functions as it should, and doesn't fall apart.

20. Queen6 macrumors 604

Queen6

Tell that to all who have had a MBP GPU melt, Apple is equally fallible as any other who produces mass consumer products, if anything Apple's obsession with "thinner" has directly compromised quality....

Q-6

21. MH01 Suspended

MH01

Yes and no. It's form over function. While it's super sexy a joy to look at , take the iMac , topend model performance throttles due to thermal issues. It does not function as it should and it ends up killing itself due to excess heat overtime due to the design taking precedence over function. Feel free to google iMac temps.

I killed my 2009 iMac in this way in less than 24 months, I pushed it hard gaming , the machine toasted itself , apple replaced the internals , after which it became the family computer and no games being played, it's been rock solid after that .

My desktop PC, big black box , water cooled, damn thing has not not missed a beat since 2012, overclocked to the max and running very cool. It's amazing how long a computer lasts issue free when it's components are kept cool. And I've really been looking for an excuse to upgrade it, but it has not failed once.

22. Sanpete macrumors 68020

Facts don't support your claim that Apple is equally fallible. Reviews by objective sources find Apple to be a leader in regard to the qualities I mentioned, and most professional reviewers who deal with the machines day in and day out agree. Obviously--and it's sad that this has to be pointed out to you--this doesn't imply Apple doesn't have hardware failures.

Your anecdotes don't conflict with what I said, which is about the overall. Apple has a good reputation for both form and function.

23. Queen6 macrumors 604

Queen6

Exactly Apple should just get out of the desktop market, as the current lineup is an embarrassment. New 15" MBP runs a lot cooler, so hopefully no more fried dGPU's, equally bringing it's own issues, as ever 2nd or 3rd generation is always a far safer bet with Apple, and I strongly suspect the 2nd Gen will be coming sooner rather than later given the poor reception the new MBP has received in some circles of the tech press.

The battery issue alone will likely force the issue, seriously just shows the importance of the Mac to Apple, when after over 4 years they can't even get the battery right. I want the provider of my computers to put them 1st not so far down the list that they are near irrelevant...

Q-6

24. Sanpete macrumors 68020

Or it would make better sense to just update it, since there's a good market for it.

The new 15" has better battery life than the 2015, and far better than the Dell XPS 9550. I doubt Apple's in a hurry to fix that "issue."

25. Queen6 macrumors 604

Queen6

Search for yourself, Apple had had endless issues with it's implementation of dGPU's across multiple product lines. Apple's reliability is built on it's more simplistic hardware.

What is sad is your blind allegiance to a company only set on removing ever more of you $$$$ by selling you less for more, requiring additional purchase with the sole intention of adding to it's revenue stream, alternatively you could just be living in a bubble, pity I have to point this out to you...

You passive aggressive comment, cuts nothing with me, just another member of the flock, who popped up after Apple launched the MBP...

Q-6