I will buy the iPad if...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by TSE, Jan 31, 2012.

1. TSE macrumors 68030

Here's an idea for a thread. Reply with what Apple must put in their new iPad in order for you to buy it.

1. Higher-res display. Not necessarily a Retina display, but enough to where if I want to do a remote desktop my desktop isn't all squished.

2. Quad-Core processor.

3. 10 Hour Battery life. I think this one is a given.

More ram would be nice, but I don't consider it a deal breaker if 512mbs is included with the iPad 3.

2. jamswirl macrumors regular

3. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

Good thread, can we repeat things/disagree?

Things I Want:
    -Retina
    -more ram
    -better camera (I dont want a great one but an HD one for the front would be nice, I dont really care for the back, but I LOVE to facetime)

Things I dont want:
    -quad core (probably will kill battery, dont need it, fine with a dual core laptop allready allthough it would be cool :D )

4. thuchu1 macrumors regular

thuchu1

A better camera

As a bonus this year work offered to buy me an iPad 2. I asked if I could wait for the 3 to come out, but if it doesn't have a better camera I've been wasting my time.

A retina display couldn't hurt though...

5. tann macrumors 68000

I would like.
    more ram
    better camera (on the front at least)
    as good if not better battery life
    higher res display
    and faster processor (only so the ui and apps run as smoothly on the higher display).

6. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

Didn't I read some where that the iPad 3 would be a tad thicker ? If so, could that mean (Just a big wish) that Apple may also put a Mini or Full size USB port this time around ? One can only wish for this one. ;) :cool:

7. Frankied22 macrumors 68000

Frankied22

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I would like

1. Retina Display
    2. HD Front Cam
    3. 1gig of RAM (no safari crashes while tab browsing!)
    4. A breakthrough way of note taking on the iPad (i.e., an Apple designed stylus, an Apple designed note taking app, or a new screen technology for input with a stylus).

The other stylus out there suck hardcore for serious note taking on the iPad. There are some slick apps out there but really the input method is just not there yet. If Apple is serious about iPads in education (which by the Guggenheim event they obviously are) they need a real revolutionary way to take notes with your hand. I know Jobs was stated saying how he hated stylus and what not, but really the best method for writing on a tablet is with a utensil of some kind in your hand. The on board keyboard just isn't going to cut it.

8. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

Retina-ish display
    Same 10 hour battery life (but the more the better)
    Same size display
    Thinner/lighter
    Faster processor
    More RAM

I have an iPad 2, so for me the upgrade has to be worth it.

9. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

I'm pretty much sold on the iPad 3 what ever it has. I'd buy an iPad 2 now but with the release of the new one so near I might as well wait for the iPad 3 :).

10. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

Macs used to have a cup holder. iPad should have one as well.

11. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

must have:
    Retina Display
    faster CPU
    more RAM

want:
    128GB

want but will never get:
    SD card slot
    Mini USB
    Matte Screen
    Stylus Support

12. Zcott macrumors 68020

13. FatJeff macrumors newbie

FatJeff

In addition to all that's been mentioned I'd like (assuming an aluminum case):

Color Anodizing, much like with the Nanos.

A "knurled" surface on the back extending in 2-3" from the edges for better grip.

14. David Turnbull macrumors newbie

Faster is always good, but I'm struggling to think of what an iPad 3 could bring that'd make it worthy of me upgrading, given that I only got an iPad 2 about three months ago. Like I've never used the iPad and thought "I wish this was faster" or "if only it had better battery life" or anything. The only "deficiencies" revolve around not having the software that I want at times (but that is always becoming less of a problem).

15. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

16. MissRachel macrumors newbie

This would definitely sell me on one.

I'll likely get an iPad 3 as a grad gift but if Apple could make taking notes with an iPad easier (as I much prefer to write than to type) it would make the deal even sweeter.

17. davidinva macrumors 6502a

18. applephanatic macrumors member

I would like to see a retina display, the iPad has a good resolution, however, going back and forth with the iPad and iP4s you can notice a difference. Everything would just be an added bonus.

Added Bonuses
    • More Ram
    • HD webcam
    • Same battery ( I can get a week with moderate use!)
    • Possibly a faster processor, but who really needs 4 cores in a tablet!

19. NZed macrumors 65816

NZed

tegra 3 does it. Battery life might not be as good as the current ones but with apple technology, it might to better than the transformer.

20. Ohbomb macrumors newbie

I don't understand why I don't see anyone in these threads mention LTE. That seems like a must have. They can't possibly wait until 2013 and the iPad 4 to include it.

21. brendu macrumors 68020

This. It needs LTE with a simple toggle to turn off LTE for those who can't access it. Set the bar that to be the next iPad "killer" you need LTE.

22. Identity Fraud macrumors 6502

With the space inside an iPad shell I wonder if we'll see one model with the cellular chips all in them.

23. andrewlgm macrumors 6502

andrewlgm

The only way I'll be purchasing the next iPad or any thereafter is if a microsd slot is included. If not, goodbye future iPads or iPhones for me. I'm done with IOS devices otherwise... Do you think iPad 9 will include an expansion slot? I'll be purchasing that one.

512 of RAM for iPad 2 is not acceptable. Much less for iPad 3. Are you out of your mind? I had to sell my iPad 1 due to its inability to work properly with iOS 5 I'm guessing due to low ram at 256mb, and lack of being able to reverse to IOS 4.

24. WSR macrumors regular

I'm thinking about getting an iPad 3.

Cost, display, and storage will be my main questions.

I already have an iPod Touch w/ 64GB that I've filled over half with music, videos, etc. Since hires videos will take up more storage space, the iPad 3 needs at least 128GB at the top end if not more.