Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Menge

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2008
Amsterdam
That sets it up for a Monday release. Beta 5 I mean.
If we are to have an iPhone event on Sept 12th, I'd firmly believe there would be no Beta 5 – only a GM on Sept 12th and general release alongside the next iPhone itself.

However, if a Beta 5 were to be released Monday, then I'd wager a guess that there will be no Sept 12th event.

nikster0029

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2010
If we are to have an iPhone event on Sept 12th, I'd firmly believe there would be no Beta 5 – only a GM on Sept 12th and general release alongside the next iPhone itself.

However, if a Beta 5 were to be released Monday, then I'd wager a guess that there will be no Sept 12th event.

iOS 4 had 6 betas + 2 GMs ...so wrong

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
My money's on another beta tomorrow... UNLESS the GM has a couple of HUGE surprises that apple doesn't want anybody to see.

Jarpo

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2008
I'm hoping for another beta tomorrow if only to fix the audio quality issues found in many of my streaming apps (Spotify being the main culprit). This wasn't a problem in beta 3.

Futhark

macrumors 65816
Jun 12, 2011
Northern Ireland
Fingers crossed for an update today as I'm off so I'll get plenty of time to mess about with it. I've been very happy with Beta 4 and had no issues so think its pretty close to the finished product.

aDRock1154

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2011
Ohio
I'm also hoping for the next beta to drop today.. I don't really know what other features they could add to beta 5 (other than bug fixes, obviously).. Maybe some more polish? Either way, count me in as eager to install! :D

ledlauzis

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2011
localhost
If we will not see iOS 6 beta 5 for few more days then we can be sure that we will see final build on September 12 along the long rumored iPhone.

Fingers crossed that we won't see iOS 6 beta 5 :)

WeegieMac

Jan 29, 2008
Glasgow, UK
Random question.

Do you think the GM will see the new Mountain Lion dock brought across to iOS?

The new dock didn't show on ML until the GM either.

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011

QFT, crossing fingers no more betas.

WeegieMac

Jan 29, 2008
Glasgow, UK
My gut says no. I just don't see them changing it, but i'd gladly welcome it...

Yeah, I thought they may want to unify the look across all the devices like they did when they brought the Leopard dock across in iOS 4.

It would look smart if they were to bring the ML dock across:

http://cl.ly/HbPs

Not my iPhone, but a screenshot from Deviantart, where someone has made it available for jailbroken devices. However, I'm not installing the RAM hog that is Winterboard just to get a dock!

aDRock1154

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2011
Ohio
Yeah, I thought they may want to unify the look across all the devices like they did when they brought the Leopard dock across in iOS 4.

It would look smart if they were to bring the ML dock across:

http://cl.ly/HbPs

Not my iPhone, but a screenshot from Deviantart, where someone has made it available for jailbroken devices. However, I'm not installing the RAM hog that is Winterboard just to get a dock!

That's one clean looking dock! I don't blame ya for not wanting to bog down your phone for aesthetics, though.. Winterboard was something I avoided like the plague when I was jailbroken. I'd LOVE to see some changes like this in iOS 6 though, just to give it a "refreshed" look :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.